Home

You know what really grinds my gears?

This is a discussion on You know what really grinds my gears? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2019, 10:15 PM   #21889
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: You know what really grinds my gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
This one isn't a huge deal but it still annoys me. It's the people that can't stop at a red light without looking at their phone. Light turns green , they are still looking at their phone , finally after 30 seconds I beep my horn and they get pissed at me. If you're that addicted to your phone seek help or at least pay attention to the world around you. Look up every now and then.

If I get a text while I'm driving I'll quickly check it at a red light, but I'm always aware of when the light changes.
30 seconds?? I'm honking after 3 if they don't go

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Watch me play video games
Old 05-14-2019, 09:32 AM   #21890
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
30 seconds?? I'm honking after 3 if they don't go

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app
My brother-in-law said in Philly, the entire street honks as soon as the light turns green and some even help "push" you up the road.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:39 AM   #21891
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

That is a fact.

Don’t block the box either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2019, 10:45 AM   #21892
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

With a year of driving 45 minutes to and from work everyday I've come to the realization I don't use my horn nearly enough.

Old 05-14-2019, 11:25 AM   #21893
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

People who either don't understand or have a weird/aggressive insecurity about zipper merges. I'm not talking about 10 cars waiting in one lane, and then you try to cut in front of all of them. I'm talking about a merge from two lanes to one right after a red light and cars won't let you over even if you were at the red light way before them. Like how much time are you losing by letting one car merge in front of you? People here act like it's life or death.

The next one is more of a pet peeve than gear grinder.... people who are turning left out of a parking lot on to a busy roadway and choose take a exit without a stop light, when there's a stop light in either the same parking lot or on an adjoining road way.

That may be confusing so here an example:
Spoiler

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-14-2019, 11:34 AM   #21894

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
With a year of driving 45 minutes to and from work everyday I've come to the realization I don't use my horn nearly enough.
I don't use mine much if at all. I view it as karma. If I honk at someone, chances are, something will happen with me later in the day or week leading to someone else honking at me.

We probably could have a whole driving grind my gears thread lol.

Some people are just ridiculously in rushes. I've driven on single lane roads (1 going each way) in the past where people actually swerved AROUND my car to get ahead. Not cause I was going slow, but because I wasn't going like 10 above the speed limit. Even more dangerous when it's happened at a stop light. The second light goes green, a car just speeds up from behind, swerves around and just goes ahead.

And some people decide to just park where they feel like it. You're blocking the road, why do you think it's a good idea to stop there? Sometimes it happens in single lane roads(where you can't even pass because they're blocking the street), other times they block one lane so cars going both directions have to basically take turns going.

It sucks how these people aren't the ones who get tickets, but people who have a visitor over to their house can get a ticket for parking 5 mins longer than they should on a residential street when nobody complained about that (which is more a city problem. Only allowed 3 hour parking on weekends. As if you're only having guests over for 3 hours on a weekend? And there's 0 proof you've been there 3 hours or 30 mins. Tickets can just be handed out because they feel like it/need to fill quota)

Last edited by Majingir; 05-14-2019 at 11:39 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:35 AM   #21895
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Car horns are like nails on a chalkboard to me.

I won't use mine unless I'm trying to get a dog out of the road or something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2019, 11:58 AM   #21896
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Some people are just ridiculously in rushes. I've driven on single lane roads (1 going each way) in the past where people actually swerved AROUND my car to get ahead. Not cause I was going slow, but because I wasn't going like 10 above the speed limit. Even more dangerous when it's happened at a stop light. The second light goes green, a car just speeds up from behind, swerves around and just goes ahead.
I definitely do this, the road I'm thinking of has a speed limit of I think 45 but there's no reason to go under 60. I'm the same way walking though, I walk fast and have to get around people. In my mind they're driving/walking like they don't have anywhere to be, it irks me lol.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »