Home

You know what really grinds my gears?

This is a discussion on You know what really grinds my gears? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2019, 09:27 PM   #22377

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: You know what really grinds my gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
You're a better man than me. If a dog attacked my kids because of owner negligence I probably jump off the deep end.

Have you let your HOA know? It might not help in terms of immediate results but it would cover the spectrum for good documentation....Police Report, text messages, etc...

Good luck! Hope your family stays safe
I reluctantly agreed to serve on the board of my HOA a couple years ago.

Unfortunately, there isn't much an HOA could do other than to send a "letter."
Old 11-13-2019, 09:57 PM   #22378
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUChase
bit of a follow up

It's long and incoherent too so I spoilered it.

Spoiler
Man, that sucks. Unfortunately some people just don't bother to properly train and socialize their dogs and allow them to become problems. Hopefully it gets resolved before your dog or one of your kids gets hurt. Does he keep getting in in roughly the same area or are their different areas? Perhaps you could pound some metal stakes into the ground or bury some cinderblocks as a deterrant.

This all kind of reminds me of an incident involving one of my sister's dogs. She has a 100+ Cane Corso and a mixed breed who is a similar size. One day her then boyfriend now fiancee had come over during the afternoon to let the dogs our while my sister was at work. The house she lived in at the time didn't have a fenced in yard and she only had 1 leader so the dogs had to be let out one at a time. Well, while my sister's boyfriend was letting the Cane Corso out, one of her neighbors had a friend or relative over who had brought their dog which I think was a Pug or other smaller breed and they had it out in their backyard unleashed and it came charging at my sister's dog who proceeded to grab it by the neck and not let go. My sister's boyfriend was apparently punching her dog in the head trying to get him to let go which he finally did. Both dogs were fine and hopefully the smaller dog learned a lesson about charging dogs more than 2x its size. My sister's dog is protective (as Can Corso's are supposed to be) but otherwise very friendly.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Old 11-13-2019, 10:24 PM   #22379
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I reluctantly agreed to serve on the board of my HOA a couple years ago.

Unfortunately, there isn't much an HOA could do other than to send a "letter."

Oh believe me I know, my HOA sucks but if he goes to civil court it won’t hurt to have every bit of documentation he can get his hands on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2019, 02:11 AM   #22380
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Small dogs don't know any better, it's in their DNA to be aggressive and try to act bigger than they are. If they're isolated they have a complex and need to act big as their only line of defense. If they're in a group they need to yap and be the alert dogs to sound the alarm.

I remember taking my little shih tzu out in the yard when I lived at a duplex and the other resident came out with a big *** dog, unleashed (of course), and she ran right up on my little guy and I had to yank her collar and hold her back before she had the chance to do some damage.

Guy didn't even apologize. Although the landlord told us they said they were afraid to grab her the way I did in fear of getting chomped, which led me to ask why the hell they didn't have her on a leash in the first place.

You're gonna walk outside with a dangerous unleashed dog, that YOU yourself are afraid of wrangling, and you know you neighbor in a duplex has a little 9 lb shih tzu? Seriously?

They also complained because I only shoveled my side of the driveway and sidewalk, ugh some people
Old 11-14-2019, 09:04 AM   #22381
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Do you still pay HOA dues?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
We've been here about 10 months now and haven't been approached or talked to by anyone about anything. I'm fine with that though HOA are a pain. When we purchased the house I asked about it since my fence meets up in the back with the subdivision and they told us it's not part of it. It's confusing when you look at the deed. I've had the property surveyed and marked before buying it too. I figured if we were part of anything it would have been outlined somewhere when we bought the house.

Little extra: My brother-in-law used to lead the "Critical Incident Response Team" aka SWAT team so we asked him for some clarification about the laws and he said the Animal Control officer we're working with is an upstanding guy who takes his job very seriously and follows the laws by the book so I don't doubt he's doing what he can, but it just sucks having them come to your house twice and you're still in the boat where you have to trust someone who hasn't done the right thing yet. Our dog just isn't an aggressive dog.. she's super passive even though she barks a bit. I'm perfectly fine with that though. I wouldn't want an aggressive dog with kids and in the city.

Anyways.. I think we're just going to build our own privacy fence inside of our chain link fence at least on one side for now. I told my wife we'll build a damn fortress with 8 ft tall pickets if the city allows it lol. I'm just kind of to the point where I don't even want to see their yard or house or anything from my back yard.

The neighbors have been closing their garage doors at night for the first time since we moved in. I think that's where they are keeping their dog at night.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2019, 09:30 AM   #22382
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
Small dogs don't know any better, it's in their DNA to be aggressive and try to act bigger than they are. If they're isolated they have a complex and need to act big as their only line of defense. If they're in a group they need to yap and be the alert dogs to sound the alarm.
This is generally true, but in the case of a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, that's a big "Nuh uh." That's why I love my little Olivia so much. She won't bark at anything, and in fact she is rather shy in every instance.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 11-14-2019, 02:13 PM   #22383
Rookie

dsallupinyaarea's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Social media accounts for every brand/company/sports team trying to be cool with the memes, internet meme lingo and the same damn emojis.
Lol what exactly are you expecting to get when you head over to Wendy's Twitter feed? Quarterly fiscal reports??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app

twitter - @dsallupinyaarea
psn - dsallupinyaarea8
xbox - dsallupinyoarea
Old 11-18-2019, 06:46 AM   #22384

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Waking up over an hour before the time you actually need to wake up for.

Don't want to stay awake and be tired during the day, especially later part, but also don't want to go back to sleep incase I over sleep.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »