Home

Who is the most hated team in US sports?

This is a discussion on Who is the most hated team in US sports? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Who is the most hated team in sports?
Yankees 92 59.74%
Lakers 7 4.55%
Celtics 2 1.30%
Patriots 15 9.74%
Cowboys 21 13.64%
Duke University 11 7.14%
Other 6 3.90%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2009, 06:07 PM   #25
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Who is the most hated team in US sports?

Yankees.
Patriots.
Red Sox.
Notre Dame.
Duke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2009, 06:23 PM   #26
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbently
Yankees.
Patriots.
Red Sox.
Notre Dame.
Duke.
This is the list I expected to see the most.

I'm actually surprised so far.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:26 PM   #27
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

Lakers, Celtics, and Cowboys don't belong in that list IMO. Maybe in the 90's a lot of people hated the Cowboys but I don't think its like that anymore. Patriots are MUCH MUCH more hated then the Cowboys.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:19 PM   #28
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Voted for the Yankees. Duke and The Patriots were a distant 2nd and 3rd.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:40 PM   #29
Banned

Laettner32's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Lakers, Celtics, and Cowboys don't belong in that list IMO. Maybe in the 90's a lot of people hated the Cowboys but I don't think its like that anymore. Patriots are MUCH MUCH more hated then the Cowboys.
No way. No way the Pats' are more hated than the Cowboys. You have to be in you 20's or younger. If not, you're from the Bahstan.

Sure the past decade plus the Pats' have had more success on the field thus they are getting more burn than they usually do. Once their success goes down, so will the spotlight.

The Cowboys spotlight never goes away. They haven't done much over the same time but they are always on ESPN...Tuna! T-O! Emmitt says Cowboys will suck! Jerrah and JerryWorld! YokoRomo! Ed Werder camping outside Valley Ranch!

----

Despite the NFL's overwhelming popularity (which is why I voted Dallas) I have changed my mine. I think the Yanks' are the most hated. They play in the biggest city, they have the biggest names, and their 40 games they play against Bahstan each season are televised on prime time.

----

I do think that although Duke doesn't have as many people that hate 'em as N.Y. or Dallas...the hate they do receive is more vocal, mean-spirited....Just MO.

----

Notre Dame has been so average for so long now that a generation, hell...maybe two generations don't know what the fuss is about 'em anyway.

Last edited by Laettner32; 11-05-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:49 PM   #30
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
We'd find out in about 5-10 years when they actually had to depend on their scouting and farm system and become creative like some of those smaller teams.

Obviously if two teams are equal in quality, people would love to play in NY for it's history and mystique. I get that and appreciate it. You also have people that want to stay close to home in equal situations, but eventually you can pay someone enough to change their mind.

But in this theortical capped world, if salaries are equal and the Yankee's turn out to be a .500 team, you're not going to see players pass up on playing for a winner just to play in NY.

I don't think the Yank's drafts are as bad as a lot of people think they are, but their signings are what makes them a top team every year. Obviously Jeter, Rivera and Pettite are home grown and are some of the greatest Yankee's ever and Cano is going to be a stud and Posada's always been a top catcher, but their signings of Clemens, Sabathia, A-Rod, Texiera, Damon have made them great and perennial playoff teams.
...So how can you hate the Yankees for the way in which major league baseball & the players union have designed this structure. The Yankees just happen to be the biggest beneificiary to it, but it's not instituted by them.

Quote:
I actually appreciate the way in which New England has built their team. Bellicheat and Patriot-gate aside, they've been the epitome of well-run franchises. They've taken on players (Moss/Dillon) when no one else wanted to, and have put team above everything else (malcontent Seymour being traded, among others let go).

If you're a Bengals fan how can you not want that same model of consistency for your own franchise?
Old 11-05-2009, 08:06 PM   #31
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
...So how can you hate the Yankees for the way in which major league baseball & the players union have designed this structure. The Yankees just happen to be the biggest beneificiary to it, but it's not instituted by them.

I actually appreciate the way in which New England has built their team. Bellicheat and Patriot-gate aside, they've been the epitome of well-run franchises. They've taken on players (Moss/Dillon) when no one else wanted to, and have put team above everything else (malcontent Seymour being traded, among others let go).

If you're a Bengals fan how can you not want that same model of consistency for your own franchise?
No I completely agree the Patriots are an excellent run franchise. I didn't say I hate them the most, but they are the most hated team in the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2009, 08:14 PM   #32
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24

Yankees, easily. Cowboys would probably be next. I don't think the Lakers come anywhere close to either of those.

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »