Home

OS Cars Thread

This is a discussion on OS Cars Thread within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2013, 10:49 PM   #825
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OS Cars Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetThatBoyCook
I am a student, so mpg is definitely a concern. I'm looking for an everyday car that has some push to it. I know it's underpowered for a v6, but they go for cheap around here.
It's not a terrible car by any means. I've never owned one personally, just people I know have. Never heard of any of them having serious problems with them. Definitely not in the "quick" car category though. I think they're low 16 second cars through the 1/4 IIRC. Not the slowest thing out there though. IDK about fuel mileage really, I'd expect they're average, somewhere around 20-25mpg.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2013, 11:08 PM   #826
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Just got her <3

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 04-16-2013, 11:17 PM   #827
Rookie

LetThatBoyCook's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibito
It's not a terrible car by any means. I've never owned one personally, just people I know have. Never heard of any of them having serious problems with them. Definitely not in the "quick" car category though. I think they're low 16 second cars through the 1/4 IIRC. Not the slowest thing out there though. IDK about fuel mileage really, I'd expect they're average, somewhere around 20-25mpg.
Yeah, around 22-26 seems to be the average for this car. I own a Civic right now, so this will certainly be a quicker car than my last. Wouldn't have to downshift just to pass another car.

What other used cars will you recommend for around $5000?
Old 04-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #828
MVP

Shibito's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
Just got her <3
Very nice!

Quote:
Yeah, around 22-26 seems to be the average for this car. I own a Civic right now, so this will certainly be a quicker car than my last. Wouldn't have to downshift just to pass another car.

Hmm, I am biased towards American made cars, not much foreign grabs my interest. You could get a base model Cobalt in that range easy. Mid-upper 30's mpg. You do get the cheap feeling Chevy interior though. I think there may even be some older Cobalt SS's in the $5k range now. Maybe a Pontiac G6? Not sure if they've dropped down to $5k yet though.

My real suggestion would be to save up some more and get a car you really want, unless you need one soon.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #829
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Just picked up a dodge caliber. Better than my blazer.

From my fingers to your eyes...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1366302639960.jpg (69.2 KB, 129 views)
Old 04-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #830
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:

Try finding a 1999-04 Mustang Gt, power is alright (260) and i get about 22 MPG, not very often though

My Mariners dynasty!
XBL Gamertag- xLMJx21
Old 04-19-2013, 04:17 PM   #831
Rookie

LetThatBoyCook's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibito
Very nice!

Hmm, I am biased towards American made cars, not much foreign grabs my interest. You could get a base model Cobalt in that range easy. Mid-upper 30's mpg. You do get the cheap feeling Chevy interior though. I think there may even be some older Cobalt SS's in the $5k range now. Maybe a Pontiac G6? Not sure if they've dropped down to $5k yet though.

My real suggestion would be to save up some more and get a car you really want, unless you need one soon.
I have more money, but I want to save while I'm in school. So I'm trying to look for something I can get for around 5k that will be a bit more exciting.

I don't need a car, my civic is fine, just looking to upgrade for something with a bit more power.

@brett the jet favre - Definitely been looking at those. Trying to find the right one. I'm seeing plenty of soft tops and automatics, and I don't want either of those. But I'm considering a 98-02 z28 6 speed as well.

Never owned a Chevy, have plenty of experience with those New Edge Mustangs. So a z28/SS would all be new to me. What can you tell me about those 98-02 z28s? Reliability? I heard the gears are very long, so if you drive with a soft foot you can get 24mpg.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2013, 05:24 PM   #832
MVP

Shibito's Arena

Quote:
I have more money, but I want to save while I'm in school. So I'm trying to look for something I can get for around 5k that will be a bit more exciting.

I don't need a car, my civic is fine, just looking to upgrade for something with a bit more power.

@brett the jet favre - Definitely been looking at those. Trying to find the right one. I'm seeing plenty of soft tops and automatics, and I don't want either of those. But I'm considering a 98-02 z28 6 speed as well.

Never owned a Chevy, have plenty of experience with those New Edge Mustangs. So a z28/SS would all be new to me. What can you tell me about those 98-02 z28s? Reliability? I heard the gears are very long, so if you drive with a soft foot you can get 24mpg.
There's really no comparison between the LS1 and 2v cars. The LS1 blows away the 2v stock vs. stock. You can get the Mustang for cheaper then a Camaro or Trans Am, I haven't personally seen many LS1 cars around $5k, but 99-04 Mustang GT's are in that $4500-5500 range.

Believe me, I know the urge to want a new, faster car, but the best decision would be to wait until you have enough money to get something you'd really like. You also have to remember these cars we're talking about are 10+ years old now. My friend had a 99 GT, got it in 08 and sold it in 11 because it was beginning to just cost too much. Insurance is higher, and small things just need to be replaced on older cars.

If you find a great deal, I'd jump on it, but if I were in your position I'd save up. A car is the 2nd biggest investment you make in life, a home being first obviously. (For most people anyways)

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »