Home

OS Cars Thread

This is a discussion on OS Cars Thread within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-22-2013, 04:22 PM   #713
Rookie

LetThatBoyCook's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OS Cars Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett the jet favre
Got a pretty good offer on the Chevelle but had to decline, it, need atleased 17,000, hope it happens soon :/
Pics?

10char
Old 01-23-2013, 12:03 PM   #714
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetThatBoyCook
Pics?

10char
Never have been good at uploading pictures of my car or anything on here, i'll just post the link to ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...#ht_746wt_1165

My Mariners dynasty!
XBL Gamertag- xLMJx21
Old 01-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #715
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
I don't know the people very well, but a guy from around here had his wife bring their pickup in from the farm to town and she drove it almost 20 miles in 4low at 60!

I guess she just hammered that poor truck. The repair quote was close to 12k
How the hell did it even make it that far ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #716
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36

Called an audible on the SUVs and went with a 2008 Ford Focus instead. Has 100k miles on it but I got it for $6000 which is an absolute steal.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:05 AM   #717
Rookie

GT39's Arena

OVR: 11

Being a family man I own a 2002 Ford Windstar that still runs great.

And to drive back and forth to work I have a Hyundai Elantra

Old 01-30-2013, 04:48 PM   #718
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Question for you guys...

I bought my new car on Saturday, sold them my old car. I did not have the title on me for the old car but I told them the title was in my name and the loan had been paid off for years, which is true. I wasn't planning on buying a car yet because I didn't think I'd get as much trade-in value as they offered for my old POS. Once I heard the figure, I was ready to buy but I wasn't prepared to - hence no title with me.

I told them I wasn't sure where the title was but that I thought I had it and that it was definitely in my name. (Hey, I was young when I bought the car and apparently didn't understand how important the title was!). Anyway, I can't find it. Getting a duplicate title from the DMV is a simple process but I went today and they shot me down because I already sold the car - I have no right to request that title anymore.

I was told the dealership has to go through the DMV to get it the duplicate now. I emailed the dealership telling them that, and apologizing for the situation.

Is there anything, legally or otherwise, they can do at this point to me? I don't think there is, I mean they're kinda foolish for buying a car without the title in hand. I certainly don't want my new car to get towed/repo'd - not that I'm sure they can do it anyway since this issue is related to a different vehicle.

Thoughts? Thanks.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 01-30-2013, 05:41 PM   #719
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

It is their own fault for taking it without the title. As long as the DMV has it on record, there shouldn't be any problems. Sure some employee probably got chewed out for not having the title first, but other than that you should be fine.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:42 PM   #720
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

I don't see where they have a case for doing anything to you. They accepted the trade when they didn't have to.

My dealership took an older model Bronco for trade a few days ago and the man didn't have his title with him. He had the bill of sell and a few other documents. We sent off the information to the state to get a title for the vehicle, which takes about 40 days. They had to know the wait involved in getting a title for a vehicle. I think they only approved the trade because auto trader's dealership program we use only gave an auction value of $700 and we gave $500.

edit: Often dealerships will give more than they want to for a trade, because it helps them drop the total cost of the payment. I'm not surprised by anything anymore. When they want to make a sale, they will typically find a way to make it happen. We started using that auto trader program I mentioned and the value they list for some vehicles is just absurd.

We took a 2001 Toyota Camry with two beat up doors, cracked windshield, dented trunk, destroyed bumper, bad tires, seats were ruined and I'm not sure what the black **** on them was, cigarettes and ashes everywhere, and the steering column had been broken and someone wired their own switch in that you have to crank with a flat had screwdriver. Auto trader still gave $1200 for it.

Last edited by AUChase; 01-30-2013 at 05:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »