Home

Cringe-inducing childhood memories?

This is a discussion on Cringe-inducing childhood memories? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2013, 04:31 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Cringe-inducing childhood memories?

Can't remember what I did anymore, but I got kicked out of third grade and placed in a kindergarten class for a few days. That was awkward.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #34
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

Mine doesn't involve any injuries, but extreme embarrassment.

I was probably 8 years old. It was December and the presents were starting to be put under the tree. Well curiosity got the best of me and I took one of my gifts upstairs to my room and opened it. It was a Gameboy and I wanted to play it, so I went back downstairs and got another gift hoping it was a game. It wasn't, so I schemed to get another gift the next day. I did this daily over the course of a week and eventually had all of my gifts opened in my room.

I thought I had gotten away with it until my mom comes into my room randomly and I'm sitting there playing with the hot wheels. My other gifts were opened and on the floor. She's so pissed off she can't even speak. I had stuffed all the wrapping paper in the closet thinking they'd never find out(clearly they'd realize on Christmas morning but I was 8...).

My parents re-wrapped all of the gifts and at each house we went to on Christmas I had to tell everyone what I did.

Naturally this got brought up at this past Christmas to my girlfriend. Embarrassed by it but at the same time, I thought it was ninja-like to get every gift up to my room and opened without anyone noticing.

One that I didn't do the deed but played a major part was in 6th grade. Due to having a large university in town, we had student teachers at all times. Usually they were fine as hell and one especially had a nice rack. I dared my best friend to ask a question and while she's at his desk to feel her up. He did it and she was so embarrassed/appalled she never came back and switched to a different school. We were both suspended from school for 2 days.

I wonder if she's a teacher now or if we ruined her career path lol.

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."
Old 02-17-2013, 05:24 PM   #35
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14

-In second grade I really hated my teacher, she was a *****. So after a few days, I realized how much I disliked her and made it my goal to piss her off as much as possible that year.

We had the punishment system where you pulled cards, first card was a warning, second was loss of recess, third was see principal, fourth call home, etc.

Everyday we had to mark in our class notebook how many cards we pulled that day. By the end of the year I had tallied 288 cards pulled. There are only like 180 days in a school year lol.

-In Middle School I used to be one of those stupid kids that sagged their pants below their butt. For some reason I thought that was the coolest thing ever. Looking back I want to punch myself in the face.

-This is my most cringe inducing memory. I can't really talk about it much though to avoid violating the TOS. Let's just say sophomore year I did a certain synthetic drug and ended up in the hospital. To this day, worst experience of my life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #36
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14

There is one I can't remember but I'm all too frequently reminded about is when I was really young, I was in a shop with my parents and I allegedly decided to lie on the floor in the middle of the shop and tell the nearest worker "hey, lady, I farted" really loudly. I'm glad I was too young to remember, we haven't been back to that shop since.

And one I can remember where I was at my Cousin's house (I was probably five or six years old) and we were told to go play outside. Being a child, I'm guessing I hadn't developed depth perception, or I was just really buzzing to be outside. Either way, I didn't realise the sliding door at the back of the house wasn't open and I ran into it, flat out. I left a huge mark on it where my nose had smacked into it. It really ****ing hurt, I can tell you that much.
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Old 02-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #37
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

I went to daycare from 1st grade to 5th grade. Was in the cub scouts. Thought it would be a good idea to cook hotdogs over a camp fire behind the day care. We got caught. I got the worst beating of my entire life.

There is a reason they have a NO HORSEPLAYING sign at the public pool. I must have been 8 or 9. Me and a friend were playing tag and he was chasing me. Instead of jumping out in the water, I decide to jump in toward the bank. Wrong choice.

I went full speed forehead first into the cement bank. My dad saw it happen and immediately jumped in and pulled me out. Surprised I didn't pass out. Had to get rushed to the ER for 20 stitches. Still have the scar to this day--right between my eyebrows.

I could swim like a fish. I don't have a phobia of swimming but I've never been able to relearn. Have taken several classes.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:40 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

When I was 2, I fell off my parent's bed and broke my collarbone. I remember falling, but don't remember anything beyond that. I don't think I was even in a sling or anything.

When I was 3, I slipped in the bath tub and hit just below my eye on the soap holder. No stitches, but still a mark there that you can see sometimes.

One summer when I was like 6 or 7, I was camping with my grandparents and we were roasting marshmallows. Well guess I put one in too far and it caught on fire, so I started blowing on it and shaking it. Well was just a little too close to my face. My grandparents didn't even realize what happened until like 10 minutes later, they got to wondering why I suddenly bolted. It didn't really hurt, but it was visible I had burned my face. This was before Kane, so I got dibs on that gimmick. It's incredible I have the dashing good looks that I do given what all I did to myself.

I have quite a few memories of falling back first from monkey bars. Having the wind knocked out of you has to be one of the more painful experiences I've had. I've never broken any bones aside from the collarbone.

Not quite childhood any more, but long ago and still gives me the creeps thinking about it. Sliced my finger with a knife opening a stubborn package of lunch meat when I was 16. Tip of my finger never got all the feeling back which bothers me sometimes.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:49 AM   #39
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Oh okay, I thought of one...

I was in seventh grade (yes, seventh grade, so don't ask again later). For our AS English class, we had to do a book presentation based on one of a select number of novels. I read The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. I bet you might know where this is going...

Too bad that, even with a mix of African American blood inside of me, I had never, ever, ever in my life been exposed to the n-word. It's just not in our community, household, or had I been watching R-rated movies or what have you to have heard the word. That said, I knew when reading it that the word was describing a certain type of people, but I really had no idea what.

So I'm presenting the book, and every other sentence I say the n-word. I would say things like: "And then the ******s did this, and then the ******s did that..." My presentation must have lasted about seven minutes, and when I finished, I received no applause. I looked at a crowd of wide-eyed faces, mouths agape. My teacher was sitting on his desk, head tilted, and kind of just looking at me. He said: "Do you know what that n-word means?" I said: "******s?" Everyone cracked up. He put me on the spot and explained it to me. I was shamefaced the rest of the period, but students gave me props for saying it dozens of times during my presentation.

I didn't really know what was going on. Now I cringe from it, but I think my obliviousness makes everything equally as hilarious as it makes it embarrassing.
Reminds me of 6th grade when reading a book, I didn't know what SOB meant... and so I asked the teacher... who just glared at me and told me to go away.
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 02-18-2013, 02:10 AM   #40
All Star

OVR: 19

My awkward way of trying to get a girl to "go out with me"...even though at that age I had no idea what that even entailed, and there was no way we'd get to hang out ever.

Keep in mind, I was an EXTREMELY shy kid.

This one girl I had a crush on from kindergarten to 4th grade. I found out I was getting moved to city schools after 4th grade, so I finally grew the balls to tell this girl I liked her and that I wanted her to be my girlfriend. I remember hiding in the limbs of a cedar tree at recess with a friend of mine, then had one of her friends bring her there. She came and I told her I liked her and asked "will you go out with me?"...she just walked away. I got her # from one of her friends and proceeded to call her nightly for at least a week, asking the same thing. Finally at the end of the school year my parents let us have our friends over since we were switching schools the following year, we had a cookout and sleep over. I invited the girl but she didn't come, so I called her probably 6 times over an hour or so asking her "will you go out with me" only to be told "no" every time, til finally she answered "where?"...then told me "no".

Then when I moved to city schools in 5th grade I had a crush on this girl for a few years and got her number from one of my sister's friends who was her next door neighbor. I did the same crap, calling her a lot...only to get turned down.

I haven't seen either girl since Middle School or before...I'd hope it wouldn't be awkward if I did run into them, and that we could share a laugh at the young me...and maybe I'd apologize.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »