Home

Horrible (& weird) Bosses

This is a discussion on Horrible (& weird) Bosses within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-03-2015, 03:19 PM   #17
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Horrible (& weird) Bosses

Most people have horrible management skills. They climb the corporate ladder more concerned with their direct job skills than management skills, and understandably so. I'm an IT consultant and all of our clients have at least a few absolutely terrible people in management positions. Most of those management positions have a steady turnover rate as well.

I've only had one really bad boss and I left that gig after a month. He treated all of his employees like a pawn that made him money, not as valuable employees or as human beings. There was a very high turnover rate, something I was not aware of when I took the position. Only one engineer had been with the company for more than 15 months and he worked remotely so he never saw the owner/boss. The way the owner ran people into the ground you could tell that he planned on having guys only last 6-12 months. It was a rotation of expendable assets.

I'll never forget one guy worked 15 hours on a Sat/Sun to get a downed server back online, he then had a doctor appointment the following Monday at 8am. He arrived at our office 9:15a, so 15 minutes late, and the owner/boss made the guy take a half a vacation day for being 15 minutes late (and also didn't let the guy leave the office and actually use his half a day). Just after working 15 hours over the weekend and getting nothing for it.

He also was essentially asking his employees to commit fraud when it came to billable hours. No thanks. I should have reported him to the BBB but didn't feel like causing a ****storm. Not my battle to fight.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 02-04-2015, 02:14 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I worked for a chef who compared most of life's problems to some form of sex.

As in, "Why didn't anyone tell me the freight elevator was broken? That's like me coming home to you (sexing) my wife. Now, if you'd had the common decency to call ahead of time and say, 'Hey chef, I'm here (sexing) your wife' then I'd have known what to expect."

Also compared most bad situations to a certain type of sexual act, but with very detailed, sharp, and drawn out explicit descriptions. It was magical.

I shattered a window at my place of employ while trying to get a pack of Starburst for my crush (back when I was 18). Head chef berated me the next day... pantsless... while another chef watched.
Old 02-04-2015, 04:24 PM   #19
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

who was pantsless? you or him?
Old 02-04-2015, 05:11 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
who was pantsless? you or him?
Tempted to allow the reader to decide.

But no, it was him. He was pantsless. Off-white briefs.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:33 PM   #21
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Tempted to allow the reader to decide.

But no, it was him. He was pantsless. Off-white briefs.
Did you take off his pants? Why was he pantsless?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2015, 05:40 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Did you take off his pants? Why was he pantsless?
The bearded chef watching was tasked with removing the trousers, as per his role within the team.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:50 PM   #23
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by C the Lyte
I fear becoming a horrible/weird boss.

Contribution time:

Had 1 that was real touchy feely kinda person. He would pat you on the back, but leave his hand on your back, and it wasn't a manly pat either. He was training a guy one day, grabbed the guy's hand (hand was still on the mouse), and proceeded with training that way. Also, had a weird fascination with younger boys... like tweeners and pre-teens. And, adopted multiple young men and mentored them...

So, yeah.

Old 02-04-2015, 07:08 PM   #24
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

For the most part, I have had great bosses, but one guy was just awful to me and my coworkers. I worked as a barista inside a grocery store when I was in college. I had a boss who was really great but she went off to find a promotion in another company. The only person who could take over the position was somebody that was hired on as one of the grocery manager's friends. He was what some would call ADD-overload, but I think that he was on drugs half of the time.

There is nobody who would hit on women more than this guy, and he constantly was found lacking on the job. There were rumors that he got an employee who was near retirement fired because the manager switched drug samples (I don't know if that would be possible, but strange things did happen). He would show up to work late, would half way do his job, and would constantly bounce off the wall. He was also a know it all who knew more than you did at all times. Not only that, but he admitted freely to his criminal record and even had an accident in his car while on the clock.

I couldn't stand the man, and when the store hired a new assistant store director, the guys days were numbered. There were rumors that there was a private party held by the store director and my boss got so drunk that he spilled wine all over the assistant store director's wife's dress. The next week he was bouncing off the walls when I came in for my shift. My boss was called into the office, and fifteen minutes later he told me solemnly that I was the interim supervisor and he left.

I took his duties and cleaned up his mess for a few months while still going to college. It ended well though as my previous awesome boss came back from the job that she took because it wasn't what she thought it would be. I didn't have a problem from then on out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »