Home

The Lego Thread

This is a discussion on The Lego Thread within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2016, 11:17 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: The Lego Thread

My kid and I have quite a few of the star wars sets. We put together the Sandcrawler and I have the Death Star and a few other sets still in the box on deck. Unfortunately it's the older Death Star wish I would have waited to get the new version but I didn't expect them to release a new death star so soon so I jumped on the older version last year before it was retired.

Expensive and addictive hobby.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:53 AM   #10
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

I wish I had a bigger space so I could get into some adult Legos. As it stands, I just don't have anywhere to display anything I finish. Back at my parents house are all of my old legos. When my little cousins are over when I'm back visiting, that's our go-to pastime. It's the perfect excuse to spend time with them - but really I'm the one who wants to build things the most

One of my greatest Xmas gifts ever as a kid was the Monorail set.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:13 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
I wish I had a bigger space so I could get into some adult Legos. As it stands, I just don't have anywhere to display anything I finish. Back at my parents house are all of my old legos. When my little cousins are over when I'm back visiting, that's our go-to pastime. It's the perfect excuse to spend time with them - but really I'm the one who wants to build things the most

One of my greatest Xmas gifts ever as a kid was the Monorail set.
Yeah they are great, but they take up space and are pretty expensive. But if I asked the kid if they wanted to go to dinner and a movie or get a lego set, it's the lego set and build it together so its pretty much a wash and we have a great time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2016, 01:08 PM   #12
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
My kid and I have quite a few of the star wars sets. We put together the Sandcrawler and I have the Death Star and a few other sets still in the box on deck. Unfortunately it's the older Death Star wish I would have waited to get the new version but I didn't expect them to release a new death star so soon so I jumped on the older version last year before it was retired.

Expensive and addictive hobby.
I have the older Death Star too. In my opinion you aren't missing anything from the new one other than a couple small improvements and a couple updated minifigures. Plus the new one costs $100 more. I already have the updated Tarkin from a Rebels set. I would like the Han Solo hair piece, but I'm sure it'll be available in sets next year for a whole lot cheaper.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 10-26-2016, 01:12 PM   #13
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
I have the older Death Star too. In my opinion you aren't missing anything from the new one other than a couple small improvements and a couple updated minifigures. Plus the new one costs $100 more. I already have the updated Tarkin from a Rebels set. I would like the Han Solo hair piece, but I'm sure it'll be available in sets next year for a whole lot cheaper.
So my favorite set I have is the UCS Millennium Falcon, around 5200 pieces. This thing is huge!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Falcon1.jpg (644.7 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg Falcon2.jpg (639.1 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg Falcon4.jpg (633.4 KB, 113 views)

Atlanta Braves
Old 10-26-2016, 02:05 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
So my favorite set I have is the UCS Millennium Falcon, around 5200 pieces. This thing is huge!
That thing is sweet. Where do you keep it? I have a sneaking suspicion that they will release that as a UCS set for the 40th anniversary of a New Hope next year.

Did you brick link that or is that original? Those sets are hard to find.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:14 PM   #15
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
That thing is sweet. Where do you keep it? I have a sneaking suspicion that they will release that as a UCS set for the 40th anniversary of a New Hope next year.

Did you brick link that or is that original? Those sets are hard to find.
I bricklinked it. I only made a couple concessions to keep cost down. Like those bars in front of the engines in the back. Those were actually black that I spray painted gray. Also all the little antenna pieces, there's like 60 of them, were suppose to be all grey, mine are grey and black. I keep it on top of my entertainment unit right below my TV in my gameroom so I see it all the time!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Falcon5.jpg (127.5 KB, 103 views)

Atlanta Braves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2016, 02:17 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

That's awesome. I have both the UCS Tie Fighter and X-Wing in the box that I got pretty cheap. When I re-do the basement, they are going to make excellent book ends.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »