Home

2018 Fitness Challenge

This is a discussion on 2018 Fitness Challenge within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2018, 07:00 PM   #129
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: 2018 Fitness Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
4:59.464 mile time today!

30 years and 86 days old, I can once again feel young in just another way. Reached the milestone I've so hoped for!

Now it's a matter of seeing if I can break my personal best of 4:50. Might have to wait to be able to post that for the 2019 Fitness Challenge thread haha. Or maybe not, who knows!
Congrats bro! Keep at it buddy

Life is wonderful so get out and enjoy it!

Playing: FIFA 16, EA Sports UFC 2, WWE 2K16, MLB The Show 16

Consoles: PS4 Xbox 360 PS2
Old 09-14-2018, 08:59 PM   #130
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
4:59.464 mile time today!

30 years and 86 days old, I can once again feel young in just another way. Reached the milestone I've so hoped for!

Now it's a matter of seeing if I can break my personal best of 4:50. Might have to wait to be able to post that for the 2019 Fitness Challenge thread haha. Or maybe not, who knows!
Looks like you've healed up. But, do me a favor and keep your age to yourself, youngster. LOL

Nice work!
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 09-14-2018, 09:10 PM   #131
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Looks like you've healed up. But, do me a favor and keep your age to yourself, youngster. LOL

Nice work!
I've just had enough recovery days, and by complete accident really. The last three days I missed my bike-run-bike routine because of tutoring and covering classes during my prep periods (I run on the track during my prep period, because really it's the only time that I can). Maybe the two days off before Monday, then the three days off before this really helped.

I think my knee has been causing problems because of the hill runs I was doing on Fridays before the school year started. I'll give it a while before I do those again I guess.

And no yeah I'm just glad that at this age I can still get to "high school self" kinds of speed, but not totally exactly though. I also used to be able to run an 11-minute two-mile, and I don't think I'm nearly close to that at all. I also used to be much faster, like in terms of sprinting. Now I just seem to have no control of where I go; I stumble a lot when running bases in slowpitch softball and I can't seem to round 70 foot bags with rubber spikes (as opposed to 90 feet with metal).

As far as the distance running, I guess I'll just keep pushing and, see what I can get to over the long haul. The important thing is to not give up though.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2018, 09:31 PM   #132
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Little Bard update.

Down 15lbs since my last time in here. Stretch marks are healing and going away again...man I hate those things and they come at the weirdest times of my weight. Feeling good for the first time in awhile.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2018, 03:45 PM   #133
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

A little update on me:

I have not yet started to keep a diary. I bought a book. Even diagrammed a cover page to track different things and challenges. I have a post-it with a couple different writing topics (the most of important of which is My Why), but I simply have not sat down and actually wrote anything down. So that's a little disappointing so far.

The good news is I'm over four weeks into my "No Chips Challenge" which means I'm past my 30 Days. What's funny is I had to start over two days into my first attempt. The family was eating out for a birthday and the table ordered chips and dip. Without a thought I automatically reached across the table, grabbed a chip, sunk it in the dip bowl, and ate it. I didn't even realize what I had done until I got home and was thinking about dinner. The kill-shot, though? At that moment I realized I ate a bag of chips at lunch, too.

Since then I haven't each a single chip. It was hard last Thursday at the local Mexican place to just sit there and let the chips and salsa sit still on the table. I checked my calendar and I was past my mark, but I told myself it wasn't worth breaking my streak.

Outside of the chips I've done much better in either limiting poor snacks (popcorn & cereal are still vices, but thankfully they are only about once a week) or substituting chips for other dippers (ie: carrots, celery, etc). So now I'm eating more veggies at home in the evening which is nice. I'm not "hungry" and I don't feel guilty for it - mostly anyway.

To coincide with my change in diet I've been doing a 30 Day Ab Challenge App which features 3 different 30 day challenges. I'm finishing up the first "round" (get rid of belly fat). I'm still a little flabby, but my obliques are tightening up very well and I can see some toning/definition regularly now.

I've also started "running" more regularly. Basically I run for 15 minutes alternating between jogging and sprinting splitting time evenly. It's a great start to my workouts, but I try not to do them more than 2-3 times a week depending on how much other cardio/leg workouts the routine is calling for.

Old 09-24-2018, 08:08 PM   #134
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

Keep it up Fresh you're doing good.

Reached a milestone, weighed in at 198 so I'm officially out of the 200 lbs club.

I think I'm about halfway there, I'm 5'8 so would ideally like to be 175 to 165 range. Haven't been that weight since Elementary school. Crazy.
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 09-24-2018, 10:13 PM   #135
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Ah. I forgot the part. Weighed myself sometime last week just to update the abs app. Down to 180 from 185. Not in the "good green" range for BMI, but close.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2018, 04:08 PM   #136
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Started my Half Marathon training last week, which is off to a bit of a rough start as I hadn't been running a ton recently due to all of my work travel, and coming down with a viral/sinus infection that I'm still taking antibiotics for.

But hey, we're still putting in the miles and I am slowly feeling better, so hopefully in the next week or two I'll be back at 100%.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »