Home

Off-Topic

This is a discussion on Off-Topic within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 05:34 PM   #961

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
re: Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I called to cancel the premium movie channels off of my DirectTv today and the rep didn't even try to get me to keep them or offer me a deal... I'm not sure if I'm happy about it or relived but it felt weird.
Something like that, I'm sure they dont care as much.

What you should want is offered good deals if you look to cancel your entire package.

Obviously will vary from company to company, and how long you've been a customer, but it's something I did last year. Told them I'm cancelling (I had no intention of actually cancelling, but I knew they have a 2 week notice thing where even if you cancel, it's not official for 2 weeks), and the next day they offered me 50% off my original price.

Only downside was that the new deal took away some TV channels like CW and local channels in other parts of the country which carried other NFL games, but with better internet, that's not an issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2019, 06:42 PM   #962

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I called to cancel the premium movie channels off of my DirectTv today and the rep didn't even try to get me to keep them or offer me a deal... I'm not sure if I'm happy about it or relived but it felt weird.
They already have your data, so they're probably like, "cool, whatever." Plus think about all the people who are bluffing just to get a discount.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:28 PM   #963
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:

My Comcast experience every time my contract is up. Going to be fun this upcoming February.

PSN: BigGreenZaku

Old 10-01-2019, 08:46 PM   #964
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Something like that, I'm sure they dont care as much.

What you should want is offered good deals if you look to cancel your entire package.

Obviously will vary from company to company, and how long you've been a customer, but it's something I did last year. Told them I'm cancelling (I had no intention of actually cancelling, but I knew they have a 2 week notice thing where even if you cancel, it's not official for 2 weeks), and the next day they offered me 50% off my original price.

Only downside was that the new deal took away some TV channels like CW and local channels in other parts of the country which carried other NFL games, but with better internet, that's not an issue.
I don't know, I called during the Spring to just pick up HBO and ended up getting all of the premium channels for free for 3 months. I just asked if they had any deals and they said I could choose bettween HBO free for 3 months, all movie channels free for 3 months, or all movie channels for a year for like $30 bucks/month. The all movie channels deal was a no-brainer, but I only intended on keeping them to watch GOT. I ended up getting lazy and paying for them for two extra months.

Maybe I had just used up all of my "freebies" for the year or something it was just odd to not get any back and fourth at all... It was kind of refreshing but after hanging up I also questioned if I should have at least asked what deals were out there. With that said, I don't really need any more entertainment with the NBA season coming. My first League Pass installment hit my bill this month and that's what sparked the call in the first place

Also, if The Watchmen is good I'll pick HBO back up after a couple of episodes so I can binge them all at once. Maybe I can get a deal then.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 10-07-2019, 04:29 PM   #965
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

At Rite Aid today the girl behind the counter asked if I watch The Office, I said yep, she asked if I've ever been told I look like someone from the show, I said nope. She then stunned me with "Mose" , I tried not to take it as a personal insult, and maybe it's time to shave
Old 10-07-2019, 04:51 PM   #966
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
At Rite Aid today the girl behind the counter asked if I watch The Office, I said yep, she asked if I've ever been told I look like someone from the show, I said nope. She then stunned me with "Mose" , I tried not to take it as a personal insult, and maybe it's time to shave
Maybe she didn't mean it as one.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:19 PM   #967
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Personally, any time a chic: makes eye contact, initiates conversation, or smiles at me I assume she wants the D.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 10-07-2019, 05:43 PM   #968
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Personally, any time a chic: makes eye contact, initiates conversation, or smiles at me I assume she wants the D.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
#BMDC, Shiz.

Always remember that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »