Home

CDC Officials Warn of Coronavirus Outbreaks in the United States.

This is a discussion on CDC Officials Warn of Coronavirus Outbreaks in the United States. within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 11:44 AM   #3089
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: CDC Officials Warn of Coronavirus Outbreaks in the United States.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Live my life as I am now.

Attend my son's t-ball games, going out with friends on occasion, work, play golf, shop, take hikes, etc....

And looking forward to spending the fall attending UofL football games.

For the last month or so I've gone back to living my normal life, as best I can given the circumstances. I protect myself as best I can and I am aware of people around me.

This thing isn't going away. A vaccine may or may not ever come to market, and if it does, despite the optimism that it will be early 2021, that's not a guarantee and even if it was, or becomes a guarantee, that is still 5+ months away. I'm past the point of putting my life on pause waiting for that magical perfect day, that theoretically seems to exist, where everything is fine and the threat is gone.
How many additional deaths would it take for you to think that is a bad idea. Because if that all is what we do, we will eclipse one million deaths.

But let’s say you are right, and it’s just not going anywhere. Are you suggesting the freedom you enjoy is worth 20-25K cases a day, the difference between us and the EU. What if that moves to 50K, 100K a day.

Is there a point you care?

Because if we had several million new cases, deaths re going to spike. As we get more cases, the fatality rate increase, as we crash our resources. And that increases the mortality rate on a host of other conditions and inhjurirs.

That’s where this is headed.

And let’s say this last week is a fluke and we just settle at 30K cases a day. In one year, what do you think our economy will look like compared to the EU, who did the work to get the virus to a manageable level.

Because millions of us are can’t just brave the virus, so we stay in, killing the economy. I don’t need the a government shutdown to realize I need what I need to do. And the fact that millions of Americans realize this and have stopped going out, it has limited the damage that those who return to normal cause.
Old 06-27-2020, 11:49 AM   #3090
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
CDC Officials Warn of Coronavirus Outbreaks in the United States.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
How many additional deaths would it take for you to think that is a bad idea. Because if that all is what we do, we will eclipse one million deaths.

But let’s say you are right, and it’s just not going anywhere. Are you suggesting the freedom you enjoy is worth 20-25K cases a day, the difference between us and the EU. What if that moves to 50K, 100K a day.

Is there a point you care?

Because if we had several million new cases, deaths re going to spike. As we get more cases, the fatality rate increase, as we crash our resources. And that increases the mortality rate on a host of other conditions and inhjurirs.

That’s where this is headed.

And let’s say this last week is a fluke and we just settle at 30K cases a day. In one year, what do you think our economy will look like compared to the EU, who did the work to get the virus to a manageable level.

Because millions of us are can’t just brave the virus, so we stay in, killing the economy. I don’t need the a government shutdown to realize I need what I need to do. And the fact that millions of Americans realize this and have stopped going out, it has limited the damage that those who return to normal cause.

Get off your ****ing high horse and don’t you ever talk down to me, or insinuate that I don’t care about people dying.

You understand?

I’m sick of your holier than thou attitude, and your opinion that your line of thinking is the only right way to approach this pandemic and those who fail to follow don’t give a **** about their fellow man.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 06-27-2020 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-27-2020, 11:52 AM   #3091
Banned

This is freedom. And we think sports are coming back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN
Following the revelation that multiple co-workers had tested positive for the coronavirus, Texas Rangers employees told ESPN on Friday night that they fear for their health and hope the organization will allow employees to work from home after feeling pressure to come into the office.

Amid the rash of new coronavirus cases in Texas, Rangers employees were told in an organization-wide email Thursday that "several members of our Texas Rangers family have tested positive for the Coronavirus (COVID-19)," according to a copy of the email obtained by ESPN.

The acknowledgment of positive tests came 10 days after the team entered a new phase of its reopening in which employees told ESPN that they were urged to work at Globe Life Field, the team's new $1.2 billion stadium. While there was never an explicit mandate, multiple employees told ESPN their managers said working from home was not an option. Exceptions were made for some employees.

"We are terrified for our safety," said one employee who works for the team and requested anonymity out of fear of repercussions by the organization. "Terrified to share COVID-19, unknowingly, with an older employee, a pregnant co-worker or anyone else who may have some sort of underlying condition. We all knew it would come to this. It was only a matter of time."
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ve-virus-tests
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2020, 11:54 AM   #3092
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Cmon, folks, if you post in here, the rule of thumb should be before you hit send, know who your audience is.
Old 06-27-2020, 11:59 AM   #3093
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I'm not looking forward to getting calls about John Doe in a local restaurant refusing to wear a mask and refusing to leave.

Also the mask I was provided by work and have to wear makes me feel like I'm being waterboarded...it's way too thick. Whoever bought these things must've put them on two seconds in an air conditioned office and thought they looked cool and felt comfortable.

I’ve found the cloth masks are a little bit easier to breathe in compared to surgical masks that you can get at a hospital. I’m probably gonna start wearing the cloth ones at work now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2020, 12:01 PM   #3094
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
Well this isn't going away anytime soon...

POSSIBLE NEGATIVES FROM NO MASKS
- Parts of country stay "shut down"
- Return to normalcy takes longer
- Disease proliferation
- People dying

POSSIBLE NEGATIVES FROM MASKS
- Being labeled a sheep
- Nothing

Can we get a little perspective please

Any officer that refuses a state/county/etc... mandated order should immediately be terminated. It’s their job to enforce the law, not interpret it and apply it as THEY see fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2020, 12:16 PM   #3095
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Get off your ****ing high horse and don’t you ever talk down to me, or insinuate that I don’t care about people dying.

You understand?

I’m sick of your holier than thou attitude, and your opinion that your line of thinking is the only right way to approach this pandemic and those who fail to follow don’t give a **** about their fellow man.

I’m glad you understood me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2020, 12:33 PM   #3096
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
I’m glad you understood me.

Just be glad we’re socially distant from each other

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »