Home

Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2024

This is a discussion on Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2024 within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2024, 11:26 AM   #25
Rookie

marbury's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpaiddonkey10
Not sure how much help this would be now but this site has some translation to English. There was a message board associated with the website haven't visited it in a long while not sure it is even up anymore.

https://pysclassic.com/about.html
Using Discord since 2019

https://discord.com/invite/prj56as
大谷 翔平 #17
Shohei Ohtani
It's ThaGreatMuta
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2024, 11:57 AM   #26
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk
Is there basically a 0% chance the game actually releases with English mode option ? Or is the potential market to include that way too small to be worthwhile ?

I’ve always been interested in trying this series, but going back and forth between game and translation guides in order to find out every little detail never seemed worth it.

How arduous is it to get around the game and say through franchise mode with any sort of expediency?
Very arduous. I was only competent enough to change settings as needed, but I wasn't about to be able to run a franchise.

A mod will basically be needed. And no, in the decades of releasing this title, they've never succumbed to making an English-translated version.

For the record, I'm not talking about audio. Just text and overlays.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-28-2024, 03:06 PM   #27
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk
Is there basically a 0% chance the game actually releases with English mode option ? Or is the potential market to include that way too small to be worthwhile ?

I’ve always been interested in trying this series, but going back and forth between game and translation guides in order to find out every little detail never seemed worth it.

How arduous is it to get around the game and say through franchise mode with any sort of expediency?
Considering the game has been around for over 20 years and has never been in English im going to say yes, 0%.

Your only hope is getting the game on Steam and hoping for an English Mod, which there certainly will be once people figure it out. Just have to hope the game has dedicated modders willing to put in the effort. Hopefully all the former MVP and 2K modders get into it.

Once you get a hang of the menus it gets easy. I ran a youtube franchise in 19 on the last PYS game.
Old 03-31-2024, 08:42 PM   #28
Rookie

spike83's Arena

OVR: 2

I soured on "The Show" many years ago and have played PYS since the 2012 version. IMO PYS has always been superior and in many respects puts "The Show" to shame. Unfortunately, the language barrier put off many people and in the states PYS is a niche product.

The 2024 version of PYS will demonstrate how far you can go and what can be done with a baseball game.
Old 04-01-2024, 02:28 PM   #29
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Very arduous. I was only competent enough to change settings as needed, but I wasn't about to be able to run a franchise.

A mod will basically be needed. And no, in the decades of releasing this title, they've never succumbed to making an English-translated version.

For the record, I'm not talking about audio. Just text and overlays.
This is exactly what I came to ask. That's too bad. Would be a Day 1 purchase if there was an English text and overlay option. Still anxious to see more.
Old 04-02-2024, 12:03 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 13

Yeah, I bought PYS for my Vita, but I couldn’t get past the language barrier. Too much work involved. I’d buy a new version if it was translated into English (I don’t care about the audio, I just mean the ratings and menus and such)
Old 04-02-2024, 04:55 PM   #31
Rookie

marbury's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Yeah, I bought PYS for my Vita, but I couldn’t get past the language barrier. Too much work involved. I’d buy a new version if it was translated into English (I don’t care about the audio, I just mean the ratings and menus and such)
We have translated the most important menus and much of the pennant mode. There is no language barrier. If you want to play career with all the dating dialogues then use your phone

https://spiritstranslation.wixsite.com/pys2019/basic
大谷 翔平 #17
Shohei Ohtani
It's ThaGreatMuta
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2024, 05:44 PM   #32
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbury
We have translated the most important menus and much of the pennant mode. There is no language barrier. If you want to play career with all the dating dialogues then use your phone

https://spiritstranslation.wixsite.com/pys2019/basic
It's so appreciated what you guys do. It doesn't replace having it on your actual screen at any time, though... especially if you're navigating franchise screens.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »