Home

Strat-O-Matic, Dynasty League, etc

This is a discussion on Strat-O-Matic, Dynasty League, etc within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-09-2010, 09:19 PM   #17

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Strat-O-Matic, Dynasty League, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
I know there are a few, although I don't know their names or have ever played them. I can't even imagine doing pitch by pitch. Another game I failed to mention earlier that is fantastic is Ballpark Baseball. Very unique game with great face to face value.
It would definitely be frustratingly long, but I as much as I loved strat-o-matic, I always found the only weakness to be the fact that you had to choose your baserunning options before an at bat started rather then having the advantages of certain counts.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:09 AM   #18
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Wow...I was actually doing the same (but also playing out the Tiger's games) and was almost to the All-Star break when my computer crashed. I've got a new PC and now am playing through a 1980's DD season playing every game. Replay is a fantastic game and Pete does a great job. Do you ever post over at the Replay Forums?

In my 1984 Padres replay, Gwynn went his first 100+ PA's without striking out and was hitting in the .370's. Gossage didn't give up an earned run for the first two months of the year (although when he did it was ugly...6 runs at the Vet against the Phils...ugh.)
I don't post over there much. But I actually know Al Wilson who does the site with all the mods. He and I have gone up to get MLB The Show early last year. He's a poster here as well.

In my 84 season, Gwynn got off to a real slow start but is hot right now. Gossage, Lefferts and Dravecky have been lights out for me.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:26 AM   #19
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I don't post over there much. But I actually know Al Wilson who does the site with all the mods. He and I have gone up to get MLB The Show early last year. He's a poster here as well.

In my 84 season, Gwynn got off to a real slow start but is hot right now. Gossage, Lefferts and Dravecky have been lights out for me.
Okay...I didn't realize Al lives out here (nor that he posted on OS). He does great work with the mods.

One project I did a while back was to replay the 2006 Braves with Dynasty League. That was the year the Braves went 79-83 and broke their NL East streak. I was convinced that I could do better since their record in one run games was so horrible. All I could get them too was 81-81...the bullpen was horrendous.

Have you upgraded to 64 bit Windows 7 yet? I haven't been able to get DLB V2.2 to run since I did...doesn't seem like it's compatible.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:10 AM   #20
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Okay...I didn't realize Al lives out here (nor that he posted on OS). He does great work with the mods.

One project I did a while back was to replay the 2006 Braves with Dynasty League. That was the year the Braves went 79-83 and broke their NL East streak. I was convinced that I could do better since their record in one run games was so horrible. All I could get them too was 81-81...the bullpen was horrendous.

Have you upgraded to 64 bit Windows 7 yet? I haven't been able to get DLB V2.2 to run since I did...doesn't seem like it's compatible.
No I am running Vista on my game machine for just that reason. Want to make sure everything is compatible.

On my work machine I have Win 7, and I do love it, hopefully they will release a patch for compatibility soon.

I am thinking about doing either a Padres or Angels replay project for Dynasty myself.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:34 AM   #21
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
No I am running Vista on my game machine for just that reason. Want to make sure everything is compatible.

On my work machine I have Win 7, and I do love it, hopefully they will release a patch for compatibility soon.

I am thinking about doing either a Padres or Angels replay project for Dynasty myself.
I have been considering doing the 2007 Pads with Dynasty...although if I did that I'd most likely also play out the Rockies schedule as well.

I wouldn't do as played and see if Milton could stay on the field with his F injury rating and F intangibles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2010, 11:58 AM   #22
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

I played some APBA a few years ago with friends...haven't since though. I still actually have a strat-o-matic game in my closet, never really played it though.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:12 PM   #23
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
I have been considering doing the 2007 Pads with Dynasty...although if I did that I'd most likely also play out the Rockies schedule as well.

I wouldn't do as played and see if Milton could stay on the field with his F injury rating and F intangibles.
Yeah, I was thining about doing a non as played season and just see how it plays out.

Action PC Baseball isn't bad either. Another quality Dave Koch product.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:43 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 15

Anyone know what the difference in Strat is between Sporting News version and the Official site? I see on the Sporting News site they offer computer version of "All Time Greats V" that includes over 3000 cards but i don't see that on the Official site.

Also can you play against the cpu using Sporting News version or is it intended for online fantasy against other players only? Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »