Home

(Japan) Power Pro 2010 announced for PS3/PSP

This is a discussion on (Japan) Power Pro 2010 announced for PS3/PSP within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2010, 02:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
(Japan) Power Pro 2010 announced for PS3/PSP

Release Date: July 15, 2010
Price: PSP 5250 Yen PS3 6980 Yen

Official Site: http://www.konami.jp/pawa/2010/
Official trailer with gameplay clips: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxNG9BmBiOU

Feature 1: Dynamic Camera/Presentation - different angles and close-ups on big plays
Feature 2: Success Mode will feature 12 stories, 1 for each real life team
Feature 3: Improved Pennat Mode - cant read anything but it mentions something about using Cards to improve players
Feature 4: You can put faces and features on characters like Major League Power Pro

PS3 will support PSN assumably for online play. PSP will feature adhoc and stuff like that (sorry i dont know much about PSP)

This is huge news for me as I still have/will always have a soft spot for the Power Pro series. Looks like Konami is finally saying goodbye to PS2 and they are not developing a Wii version either since sales have been pretty bad on both systems the last few years. They can only blame themselves though for destroying the gameplay and everything Power Pro stood for. FYI, the game was so bad that for 3 years you weren't able to strike out a CPU opponent because they would always hit the first strike in play. We are talking about MLB 2K level bad. As long as they get the gameplay right (read: simlike) this would be a nice alternative once you get tired of PYS by July!

Last edited by MukaMuka; 06-25-2010 at 05:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 03:16 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: (Japan) Power Pro 2010 announced for PS3/PSP

Oh My God!!!! I need this. I've only been able to play the recent psp releases (pawapuro pocket 2-4) because my wii doesn't play jpn games. This is going to be awesome!

And yeah, I too have a soft spot for this series. I remember playing it a lot on the super famicom with my cousin when I was a kid. Good times! I was then re-introduced to it when I went on exchange to Japan a few years ago by my housemate and it was still sooo much fun. I've been wanting a ps3 release ever since I got the psp versions cos I couldn't be bothered going through the trouble of modding my ps2 or wii to play the console versions. I'm so excited it's not funny lol

Btw, looks like you might have some more translatin' to do Muka haha

Last edited by commanderdeek; 04-27-2010 at 03:27 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:29 AM   #3

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Hopefully this Power Pros is good, from what I heard the series hasn't been good for the past few years. I have Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 11 Chou Ketteiban and I love it unfortunately I never was able to play it that much because of the lack translations for it.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.

Last edited by jvalverde88; 04-27-2010 at 03:41 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:24 AM   #4
Rookie

hey commander, if i buy this, i would definitely do some translations. i might give in to the nostalgic factor and preorder, but realisticly with PYS2010 being able to occupy me for the whole year, i will most likely have to watch extensive play videos from japanese fans to confirm that the gameplay is not complete crap like it has been in the last 3 or 4 years before I will give them my 7000 yen again.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:43 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MukaMuka
hey commander, if i buy this, i would definitely do some translations. i might give in to the nostalgic factor and preorder, but realisticly with PYS2010 being able to occupy me for the whole year, i will most likely have to watch extensive play videos from japanese fans to confirm that the gameplay is not complete crap like it has been in the last 3 or 4 years before I will give them my 7000 yen again.
I was relying on you to buy it and tell me if it's good lol. But yeah, I'll definitely be on the look out for gameplay vids.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 05:38 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by commanderdeek
I was relying on you to buy it and tell me if it's good lol.
HAHA!! that gave me a really good laugh but with my financial state, probably not...maybe someone else here with some extra dough would like to do the honor...?
Old 04-27-2010, 09:17 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

hey muka good news!

wonder the odds on a 2011 US release of some kind from 2k?

so if i import i can play a japan ps3 game on my ps3 correct fellas?
Old 04-27-2010, 10:50 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hort22
hey muka good news!

wonder the odds on a 2011 US release of some kind from 2k?

so if i import i can play a japan ps3 game on my ps3 correct fellas?
hey hort, wasup buddy. actually I wish konami made a PS3 Major League Power Pro instead. it seems redundant for the same company and the same studio to put out another Japanese league baseball game just 3 months after the release of PYS 2010. are they targeting the same group of customers or do they believe more kids will get power pro? a Major League power pro would've been perfect for us english speakers who watch MLB and it would lead to a much easier US port. i guess we will just have to wait and see if the Major League power pro spin-offs are truly dead. even though ichiro and matsui are still mega popular in japan the MLB power pro games do not sell as much as the local power pro games so if the MLB series is dead it is likely a $$$ reason

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »