Home

MLB 2K11 Devs Flattered But Not Impressed by MLB 11 The Show Adopting Analog Controls

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Devs Flattered But Not Impressed by MLB 11 The Show Adopting Analog Controls within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 11:58 AM   #33
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: MLB 2K11 Devs Flattered But Not Impressed by MLB 11 The Show Adopting Analog Cont

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
You may be right. This is something I'm undecided on. Pitchers can understand why they miss at times but I don't think it's fair to say they always know why they blew a pitch.
They don't always know why true, but usually it's pretty clear. Overstride, your arm is late the ball misses high (unless velocity drops because your push-off isn't there), don't hold your balance point, you miss high, fly open with your front shoulder the ball misses away, etc... its' all degrees, but it can be broken down pretty consistently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokez4DAyz
IF you REALLY play both games, you know the show is solid, but only solid, it is not at NBA 2K11 status, or stellar, or superior. Yet on this website, you read how its the greatest game...whatever.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but even 2k's commentary in previous years got repetitive real quick in their baseball title. I think from '09 on the Show has been in most people's conversation for sports game of the year. The depth in franchise mode, rule v, arbitration, etc...the depth keeps this game in people's system all year. 2k is fun, but not enough to keep engaged through multiple seasons of what their dev admitted last year was relatively random progression.

Last edited by ryan36; 02-16-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:12 PM   #34
Rookie

PhillsPhan26's Arena

OVR: 19
Quote:
the users who post on this website have a 75-25 favor for the show, and with that kind of bias, anything said by the 2k guys, whether true or not, gets you guys to go into all out defend mode for the show. anyone that REALLY plays both games, knows that 2K is the more exciting, eye-popping game. IF you REALLY play both games, you know the show is solid, but only solid, it is not at NBA 2K11 status, or stellar, or superior. Yet on this website, you read how its the greatest game...whatever.
About the pitching mechanic, copying amongst developers has always happened, whether you are no.1 or no.2 ,if your game can use some of the competitions features and you can jack it, nuff said. But its amazing that the alleged "leader" is the one taking from the so called "inferior" title. Add to the fact that it is cowardly taking a safe approach with up-down as its basic mechanic, instead of fleshing out the inputs, I can see the shot taken as a good one. EA had tried to use small elements of the NBA 2K series to help the LIVE series, NFL 2K and Madden has had healthy doses of each others game in theirs, I get it, but if developers can be impressed by features in the other game, and actually like the other game, I'd like to see the same percentage in the fan responses. Most of the people I meet tell me they like MLB 2K the last two years, and that the show is good, but its ultra repetitive. I'll check both games out again this year.
2K is the more exciting and eyepopping game? Then you go on to bring NBA 2K1 into,what the hell does NBA 2K11 have to do with anything being discussed here?
Old 02-16-2011, 01:34 PM   #35
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Quote:
the users who post on this website have a 75-25 favor for the show, and with that kind of bias, anything said by the 2k guys, whether true or not, gets you guys to go into all out defend mode for the show.
I think you just did what you accused "The Show Guys" of doing... even going into other sports, and other developers.

Quote:
anyone that REALLY plays both games, knows that 2K is the more exciting, eye-popping game. IF you REALLY play both games, you know the show is solid, but only solid, it is not at NBA 2K11 status, or stellar, or superior. Yet on this website, you read how its the greatest game...whatever.
Again, this is a matter of opinion. Just like the people who prefer The Show over MLB 2K... just like the reviewers who rated The Show higher than NBA 2K. I won't go into the numbers, because after all, its a matter of opinion at the end of the day. And popular opinion is that The Show (here, and other places) is the title of choice, popular enough to feel that there is no room for 2K to talk...yet.

I personally don't think they can say anything, because its technically not their innovation to speak on.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

YouTube

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2011, 07:39 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: MLB 2K11 Devs Flattered But Not Impressed by MLB 11 The Show Adopting Analog Cont

So 2K is not impressed by The Show's analog pitching. Instead I'm not impressed (totally disappointed) by 2k10 analog hitting and am concerned nothing's changed for 11. They should focus on making their own analog system better and better rather than making comments on a game they haven't even tried.

Last edited by bonannogiovanni; 02-16-2011 at 09:23 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:07 PM   #37
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Gold...pure gold.
I love you guys.

Who needs sitcoms when you have O.S.?

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-17-2011, 12:58 AM   #38

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Thread has run it's course.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »