Home

R.B.I. Baseball 18 Available Now on Xbox One, PS4, iOS - April For Nintendo Switch

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 18 Available Now on Xbox One, PS4, iOS - April For Nintendo Switch within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2018, 08:10 PM   #113
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 18 Available Now on Xbox One, PS4, iOS - April For Nintendo Switc

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
For some reason I think I did a controlled dive with the RT button.

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk
There are some random tips that pop up regarding controls in the loading screens, like "push the left stick toward the base and the "base" button at the same time for a "fast throw."

But RT dive is not in the control scheme under the controls menu.

Also you can't select a fielder when the ball is between two people...if the CPU chooses the fielder with the worse angle you are stuck controlling that fielder until the ball is fielded. Again, head scratching.

Still, the game has some kind of bizarre charm to it.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 03-29-2018, 10:51 PM   #114
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 18 Available Now on Xbox One, PS4, iOS - April For Nintendo Switc

Big patch out now 7gb

EDIT: from rbigame.com

***Opening Day Console Patch***

PLAY BALL! Baseball is back and we are pumped for an amazing 2018 season. To celebrate Opening Day the team has put together an amazing patch that integrates some great tweaks and fixes into R.B.I. Baseball 18 for XB1 and PS4. We want to get this first content patch out to our fans as quickly as possible. Rest assured we are taking in all of you feedback and looking at other areas of the game where we can improve your experience. The “Opening Day” patch focuses on 3 key areas. See below for more detail. Thanks for the overwhelming support and see you on the diamond!

Patch Overview:

- Overall Gameplay Optimization & Stability Fixes
- UX Improvements
- Gameplay Tweaks

Patch Details:

• Fixed audio settings to affect short songs
• Fix for “Pitcher becomes unresponsive and will not pitch ball”
• Fix for “pitcher not pitching after AI substitution”
• Fixed crash related to quick substitution menu
• Fix for wrong relief pitcher being selected by AI
• Improved ball visibility
• Minor visual cleanup for some stadiums
• Player specific:
• Headscan cleanup
• Player Model fixes
• Minor signature animation fixes
• Gameplay Tuning
• Improved several fielder throwing settings
tweaked stealing balance
• AI fielders react slightly slower off the bat
• Slight increase to fielder and baserunner running speeds
• Reduce the error rate on easier catches
• Make AI batters slightly less effective on Medium difficulty

Last edited by baconbits11; 03-30-2018 at 07:39 AM.
Old 03-30-2018, 09:20 AM   #115
Rookie

Re: R.B.I. Baseball 18 Available Now on Xbox One & PS4 - April For Nintendo Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrown119
Thanks for taking the time to answer the questions.

Do you think that in the near future, that there might be another game (3D/sim) in development by you guys along with RBI Baseball? I think that would be awesome and meet the “needs” of both types of gamers?

Btw, I am looking forward to playing RBI 18. I ordered it, but I’m still waiting for it’s arrival from the US. From what I’ve seen, it looks like you guys put a lot of effort into developing this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its worth the purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2018, 09:21 AM   #116
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
I will check on this in exhibition mode tonight but I don't think so...you can't in Franchise.

I also don't like how I can't access the Legends outside of Franchise mode. They should be available to play with in Exhibition. C'mon guys...it's a videogame. Make it fun, not restrictive!

Also, if I access the Legends in Franchise mode, I can only add them to my roster (A's). I can't add Ozzie Smith to the Cardinals roster for instance, unless I am controlling the Cardinals. But you can only control one team at a time.

Game has too many walls up. Shouldn't be this way in an arcade game.

Also I was surprised that there is no dive or jump button in the fielding. The players just automatically jump or dive. Lol. I robbed a home run last night (which triggered an achievement) but all I did was try to stand in the middle of the circle and the outfielder did it automatically. Funny to get an achievement for something you did not even try to do.

Last thought: game feels much better than '17, but I agree that even on "Easy" the game feels "Hard."

Yes easy is definitely hard

Old 03-30-2018, 12:08 PM   #117
Rookie

bronxct1's Arena

OVR: 4

I played one game after the patch and it feels pretty good now. I noticed a more realistic spray of hits and playing on medium didn't have me getting crushed.

One thing I'd ask the devs to look at, with a runner on any base there are certain base hits that are obviously going to drop in where the runners on base treat it like a high fly ball and don't attempt to advance. even holding halfway in between the bases would be an improvement as they are usually bloop hits. Currently if you aren't quick to manually advance runners when this happen you easily get forced out at a base because the runner didn't advance. This happens both with human and cpu on offense.

I'm happy to see the first two patches address a lot of the issues I had with the game. Look forward to seeing more improvements and just having fun with it now.
Old 03-30-2018, 05:28 PM   #118
Rookie

Williekemp15's Arena

OVR: 3

Rosters are updated for opening day now. Ohtani is in the game now

NFL: Tennessee Titans
Old 03-30-2018, 07:05 PM   #119
MVP

Does anyone know how to use the players on your roster that are not on the bench? I don't see a way to get them on the bench even.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:26 AM   #120
All Star

OVR: 35

Picked up iOS version after seeing they patched the freezing and control issues. Similar to earlier versions with some additional animations and slightly better graphics.
A couple of issues:
The opposition pitcher’s name is never displayed. Need to bring that and stamina meter back.
Outfielder arms need to be toned down. Really hard to go 1st to 3rd on a single to right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »