Home

SONY'S Take on Football

This is a discussion on SONY'S Take on Football within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2005, 07:41 PM   #17
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: SONY'S Take on Football

When I play a football game, I'm most interested in ......... footballl .... I don't care about drug lords or anything like that.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:56 PM   #18
PSU
Banned

PSU's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianflow
When I play a football game, I'm most interested in ......... footballl .... I don't care about drug lords or anything like that.
exactly, i want football
Old 04-25-2005, 11:56 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU
exactly, i want football
unfortunately EA took that option away from everyone else... if they release a straight up generic football game it'll tank. This is different it shows promise and more importantly CREATIVITY (something EA lacks). With that said i'll still buy madden since i need my NFL fix but this game along with Blitz and whatever (if anything) Take 2 comes up with will also have my eye.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:23 AM   #20
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I just want a football game. I really dont need the fighting piece but I will keep an open mind. Its T2 turn.
I hear ya bro just why these guys went in this direction is so crazy it does and doesn't make sense...my guess is its to keep the ea hounds at bay by not being a serious threat...still we all could be surprised and I don't have a ps2 so its not that big of a deal for me and seeing and reading what this games about really doesn't peak my excitment not in the least bit...I've seen the bells and whistles in other games and this sounds like the worst of the worst ideas I've ever heard...you want a game along these lines...make the ESPN series "Playmaker" and get it over with because thats appears to be the new trend in games following this concept its not new its "Playmakers" video game style and has no real value to sim players just a bad idea that got canned and now this whats next "Steriod Baseball" give me a break this is a bad idea and trend to follow absolutly terrible and its going to be rated "G" huh...a terrible idea just terrible and the concept is so "Playmaker" why not just make the series a game these guys have no clue as to whats going on and are heading in the wrong direction.

Holla Back y'all

Last edited by Rickster101; 04-26-2005 at 12:27 AM.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:42 PM   #21
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
I hear ya bro just why these guys went in this direction is so crazy it does and doesn't make sense...my guess is its to keep the ea hounds at bay by not being a serious threat...still we all could be surprised and I don't have a ps2 so its not that big of a deal for me and seeing and reading what this games about really doesn't peak my excitment not in the least bit...I've seen the bells and whistles in other games and this sounds like the worst of the worst ideas I've ever heard...you want a game along these lines...make the ESPN series "Playmaker" and get it over with because thats appears to be the new trend in games following this concept its not new its "Playmakers" video game style and has no real value to sim players just a bad idea that got canned and now this whats next "Steriod Baseball" give me a break this is a bad idea and trend to follow absolutly terrible and its going to be rated "G" huh...a terrible idea just terrible and the concept is so "Playmaker" why not just make the series a game these guys have no clue as to whats going on and are heading in the wrong direction.

Holla Back y'all

They had to add some flare to it. Although I dont agree with what they added. What do you want them to do? Nobody will buy a pure generic sim game with fake players. They went this route and I will keep an eye out for this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2005, 02:03 PM   #22
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

I'll keep an eye out for this game. Could be a good game, definitely sounds interesting in theory. It's all about execution though.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:00 PM   #23
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
They had to add some flare to it. Although I dont agree with what they added. What do you want them to do? Nobody will buy a pure generic sim game with fake players. They went this route and I will keep an eye out for this game.
You ask me what I want them to do...simply put..."Just Go Away". and their idea of flare is copying a cancelled TV series that the NFL or anyone shouldn't feel good about theres enough of this crap on the "News" and in "Headlines" everyday so why push it on guys who and I use this word again...Simply" want to play Football minus the BS.

I'd rather watch grass grow or better yet if it was a TV show change the channel and watch the cartoon network.

Then again if it has a solid game engine and plays a halfway decent "Football" game then it might have a chance but from reading the description to date I personaly have no interest in "Playmaker" Football just give me the Football and I'll be a good to go..."uhm...Football good I like Football".

Holla Back y'all
Old 04-27-2005, 11:27 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 26

People are not understanding what Sony is doing, the off the field elements are edgy i.e. gambling, fighting ect..., but what people are not reading is that the producer stated that the football gameplay will remain sim

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »