Home

Does anyone find humor in the EA vs. 2K5 rivalry??

This is a discussion on Does anyone find humor in the EA vs. 2K5 rivalry?? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2005, 06:07 PM   #1
Pro

USCTrojan83's Arena

OVR: 6
Does anyone find humor in the EA vs. 2K5 rivalry??

Im wondering if anyone reads the EA/2K5 bashing threads and just laughs at how serious people taking the games and their performance, gameplay, realness, and innovations.

I mean in reality everything that 2K5 fans say about Madden can be said about 2K5 too by Madden fans.

*NOTICE*
IF you want to start flaming leave now or don't post. This is for the few that think the EA vs. 2K5 war is a little on the rediculous side and get a chuckle out of it now and then!
Buffalo Bills
San Francisco 49ers
MLB Baseball
Los Angeles Angeles of Anahiem
Atlanta Braves
NHL Hockey
Los Angeles Kings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2005, 07:33 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Does anyone find humor in the EA vs. 2K5 rivalry??

The only thing I find funny is that the Madden fans(my friends for example), for the most part, don't give 2K5 a chance. Generally they'll dismiss it with things they've "read" or "heard" is some kind of obscure bug in the game. 2K5 fans, from those I've met(me included), bought both Madden and 2K every year in hopes of finding the best game, and always went back to 2K for their reasons.

One situation is blind allegiance, and the other is deciding after having tried both.
I'll buy the best playing game out there, it doesn't matter which it is, but ignorance by either side with blatant game bashing and fanboy-ism by either isn't really funny. It's ridiculous actually.

It just SEEMS that way to me, it may or may not be. But I know a ton of football fans, and everyone of them buy the videogames.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:44 AM   #3
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
The only thing I find funny is that the Madden fans(my friends for example), for the most part, don't give 2K5 a chance. Generally they'll dismiss it with things they've "read" or "heard" is some kind of obscure bug in the game. 2K5 fans, from those I've met(me included), bought both Madden and 2K every year in hopes of finding the best game, and always went back to 2K for their reasons.

Maaaannnn, you could'nt be more correct with that assesment. Hell, I live with 2 dedicated Madden fans in my household and I've tried countless times for them to just play 1 freaking game of 2K and the excuses...oh, the excuses!!! I'm not gonna even get into any details, we already know.

Like you said, Blind allegience is what I find rediculous. Not talking about anyone particularly in this forum, but my friends offer the 2 best examples in the world to me.

Quote:
Im wondering if anyone reads the EA/2K5 bashing threads and just laughs at how serious people taking the games and their performance, gameplay, realness, and innovations.

I mean in reality everything that 2K5 fans say about Madden can be said about 2K5 too by Madden fans.

I'm sorry man, but I'm very passionate about my hobby. Which is gaming. I dont go out and demean ppl or speak to them condescendingly, but I just like to discuss the merits and negatives about games. Thats why I'm posting on this site in the first place. If I did'nt really care about games then I would'nt be here day in and day out discussing them.

As for the 2K vs EA war, its only sad when ppl dont know how to discuss a game without sounding like they're on the payroll for the respective company. For the most part, you find less of that here. If you really wanna see sad, go to gamefaqs or IGN then you'll see something to laugh about. Here, you can find lots of intellegent discussions without the fanboyism.

And speaking on the seriousness issue, this war is serious. Serious enough for a company to tommy gun the competition. You dont think thats serious business? I do.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:14 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

Yeah, I'm basically a "fanboy" in the sense that I like 2k better, overall. I can have fun playing Madden (even tic-tac-toe can be fun with head to head competition, lol.) Not to say madden is tic-tac... whatever...

But yeah, I like find the back n' forth to be humorous. The graphics comparison thread last year with all the screenshot posts was HILARIOUS!
Old 08-19-2005, 11:19 AM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
I don't laugh, it just gets annoying. People all have different opinions but what bothers me most occurs when I hear people say that game A is clearly better than game B. Maybe for them but not for everyone. What's worse is when they backup their claim stating that people who like the other game either don't "really know football" or "didn't give the game a chance" and quickly label them a fanboy. This occurs on both sides. There are people who really know football that still have different opinions on the games and there are a lot of people that gave both games a fair chance and still like one more than the other for various reasons.

I do enjoy debating the strengths and weaknesses of the different games but my blood pressure doesn't rise when I do this. I have no problem with people having an opposing view as long as its intelligent and not just "That game sucks!"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2005, 11:50 AM   #6
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

I'm sure they do. I love the game, but in the grand scheme of things if it were wiped off the face of the earth tomorrow..... we'd all live. I'd just go back and play Talking Football....lol.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:35 PM   #7
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
what bothers me most occurs when I hear people say that game A is clearly better than game B. Maybe for them but not for everyone. What's worse is when they backup their claim stating that people who like the other game either don't "really know football"
I am with you Rudy. I really hate the old argument of "You don't know real Football (or baseball or basketball etc)". And I pretty much dismiss anyone who claims game X is 100% better than game Y.

The real shame is that you can have a great thread comparing the pro's and con's of each game, but all it takes is one idiot to derail the entire conversation in just a few words.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:26 PM   #8
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberstabone
Yeah, I'm basically a "fanboy" in the sense that I like 2k better, overall. I can have fun playing Madden (even tic-tac-toe can be fun with head to head competition, lol.) Not to say madden is tic-tac... whatever...
I know exactly what you mean...Madden is fun in a lighthearted way, while 2k is somwhat serious. Alot of that, IMO, has to do with the graphical presentation, w/ Madden coming off like a cartoon.

Oh yeah, the rivarly is funny, if you look at it that way. Most of my games are EA, but I just think that they were getting beat the last few years on the grid-iron.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »