Home

Front Office Football League -- Any Interest?

This is a discussion on Front Office Football League -- Any Interest? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2006, 09:51 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Front Office Football League -- Any Interest?

I agree with everythign that EF said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2006, 11:17 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan27
Injury settings at 200 give the most realistic experience, but some people find it frustrating to have to deal with "so many" injuries. Personally, I don't and if I emphasize weight training during the training camp (which reduces injuries) have good coaching and a good field I usually only get 2 or 3 serious injuries a year and a decent number of minor injuries. 100 is considered more fun by some people. Injuries are essentially cut in half from realistic levels at that setting.

Cap increase works well at default for most people, which is 28 to 80. However, others see the NFL as growing so fast as a business that they bump it up 50 to 80. This means that the minimum the cap will raise in any year is 5 million and max is 8 million. Personally, I've used this setting in my last 2 "real" solo NFL Leagues.

Also, both settings can be changed at any time. The cap change won't take effect until the next TV deal is signed. Injury setting changes will take effect immediately.
great info........thanks!
Old 12-22-2006, 04:04 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1

Skerik was quizzing me over the setup of a FOF MP league (I was a failed owner of the Denver Bulls in the BLB) - he kept mentioning some OS guys and I had no idea what he was talking about .

Like SkyDog, I've got experience of FOF leagues (I commish a private league that is now opening up to the wider FOF community and converting to FOF2007 mid-January).

If you guys want any general help on planning, etc. then I'm happy to help, or if you fancy joining my league, which would be good for beginners to the game as we're a nice bunch of people and fairly relaxed (and mostly UK based if there's any other Brits/Euros here).

Drop me a line if you're interested or want any pointers on commishing and / or web site stuff and what can be done.

Cheers

Marc.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:15 AM   #44
All Star

OVR: 17

Can someone PM me the link to the boards again?
Old 12-22-2006, 10:32 AM   #45
Living in this tube

Skerik's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcmoustache
Skerik was quizzing me over the setup of a FOF MP league (I was a failed owner of the Denver Bulls in the BLB) - he kept mentioning some OS guys and I had no idea what he was talking about .

Like SkyDog, I've got experience of FOF leagues (I commish a private league that is now opening up to the wider FOF community and converting to FOF2007 mid-January).

If you guys want any general help on planning, etc. then I'm happy to help, or if you fancy joining my league, which would be good for beginners to the game as we're a nice bunch of people and fairly relaxed (and mostly UK based if there's any other Brits/Euros here).

Drop me a line if you're interested or want any pointers on commishing and / or web site stuff and what can be done.

Cheers

Marc.
Hey Marc,

I guess I never got back to you on the OOTP boards, huh. Thanks for the information you shared, especially on the midweek turns. That sounds like what we'll adopt for a sim schedule. 4x per week sounds a little exhaustive, but for the midweek turns it sounds like people shouldn't be spending much time on their exports. If that's the case, we can run 4 a week.

I'm sure we'll be in discussion down the road once this league gets rolling. This group was interested from the outset in a fictional league, but your league looks to be well organized and well run. So best of luck with it. Thanks again for the help!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2006, 10:35 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubisco43
Can someone PM me the link to the boards again?
Done.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:37 AM   #47
All Star

OVR: 17

Thanks.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:05 AM   #48
*dv*nc*d L*rk*r

OVR: 4

Not exactly topic specific but at least I know it will get looked at ;0) ---

(although I would be interested in a league for a NOOB --- any other first time FOF'rs? )
_______Wondering how FOF compares to Bowl Bound CF (they both received 9/10s) -- I played both demos but wondering for those who played both.... Also is FOF everyone's favorite non-soccer text sim or does OTTP Baseball reign?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »