Home

Would you play a HS football video game?

This is a discussion on Would you play a HS football video game? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2009, 05:16 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 13
Would you play a HS football video game?

I know it will never happen, but I would love to see it.

I just got a PS3 and rented NCAA09, and the most fun I had was in Campus Legend mode playing the playoffs as a high school player.

I think a game would be great. Just put in the options to edit teams (good uniform editor is a must) and states, and people could create their own schools and stuff. You could have a dynasty mode, where you are the coach, and while you cant really recruit players, you can have tryouts, pick out the best players, and go into a career and try to build a powerhouse school and work your high school into the national rankings. Then, you could have a HIGH SCHOOL LEGEND mode, which is basically like campus legend. Then, when you finish your career, import your player into NCAA, then try to take him through college and to the pros.

As I said, I know it will never happen, but if EA ever came out with one, would you give it a go?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 06:03 PM   #2
Pro

iRepOklahoma's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Would you play a HS football video game?

yes, i would.
All they'd have to do is force you stay in one state, and one class when you fire up the game. count that as one save. If you want to switch, create a new profile or save or something.

For example, Oklahoma, class 6A.
Thats only 33 teams they'd have to randomly generate, from there, I should be allowed to edit the squads and create districts and such.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:53 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRepOklahoma
yes, i would.
All they'd have to do is force you stay in one state, and one class when you fire up the game. count that as one save. If you want to switch, create a new profile or save or something.

For example, Oklahoma, class 6A.
Thats only 33 teams they'd have to randomly generate, from there, I should be allowed to edit the squads and create districts and such.
Exactly.

I would love to see something like that.

I actually think it could be a popular game. Maybe not a yearly release, but if they could make a game and capture the friday night atmosphere (or just the high school football atmosphere in general, that would be awesome.) It'd be tight playing through a high school career, trying to become a legend in the state and trying to impress scouts.

Ahh...in a perfect world. I miss high school football....I would really dig this game.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:01 AM   #4
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

I would play it. Would be nice if EA made it that way we could progress from HS-NCAA-NFL

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 04-11-2009, 12:08 AM   #5
MVP

Saber's Arena

OVR: 15

I've always said that football is football, but no.. I don't think that I would. As interested as I am in it is the stuff in the NCAA Football series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2009, 08:50 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 42

Maybe if someone could describe the "hook" to a HS football game...

All I keep seeing is that one really talented future NFL guy playing both ways and destroying whole teams almost by himself.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:08 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I would play it. Would be nice if EA made it that way we could progress from HS-NCAA-NFL
That would be a definite draw for such a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaduck
All I keep seeing is that one really talented future NFL guy playing both ways and destroying whole teams almost by himself.
I quite like that sort of thing. It does kind of make a game difficult to do well though.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:29 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaduck
Maybe if someone could describe the "hook" to a HS football game...

It doesnt have quite as much hook as NCAA because not many HS football teams have national attention, but thats why you could pick which state you are playing in. That way, you could play as your team.

A big hook would be the Friday night atmosphere of the game. I loved high school football, and being able to relive it in a game could be awesome if done right.

The modes would be very simalar to NCAA. Dynasty and High School Legend. Dynasty would put you as the coach, where you try to build your team each year as best you can. You can start off as a bottom feeder team or a team that is one of the best in the state. Try to make them a state powerhouse.

High school legend would allow you to play the career of a player, and try to get him noticed by scouts, while keeping his grades up and keeping him happy overall. Alot like Campus Legend. Then, you can take that player through NCAA, and then Madden.

I know this game will never happen. I just think it would be really great if done right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »