Home

WHY Do BackBreaker's Player Models/Uniforms look SOOOO Stupid?

This is a discussion on WHY Do BackBreaker's Player Models/Uniforms look SOOOO Stupid? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2009, 12:32 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: WHY Do BackBreaker's Player Models/Uniforms look SOOOO Stupid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarePelican
Hypocrisy much? cough *fanboy* cough
Cure your ignorance by reading through my myriad of angry criticisms of Madden.

There is a saying:

"Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

RIP Steve. You will always be my Hero.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:27 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 36

so youre hating on the game because the players dont look exactly like maddens? thats what you want right? different gaming companies cant be different. BB is supposedly based in the not so distant future so their play models will look different. However , i dont care about what they look like. Euphoria is seemingly amazing. As ar the physics in this game. If you dont give the game a chance because of the euipment the players when then, im sorry but you are an idiot and should your system taken from you.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:50 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 42

So.... I see we're all still arguing over if Bigfoot can dance still.

Don't mind me. I'll join in when I get a chance to play the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 11:28 AM   #36
t11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansftw
That is your opinion. It is my opinion that you are a blind fanboy who will swear by this game even if it turns out to be an updated version of Blitz.

No it isn't. If that were the case they would have released the game as Tackle Alley with even more sparely modeled players.

No they don't. In motion, maybe, but visually alone, they do NOT look more realistic than Madden's players. This is pure fanboyism on your part...

That's a great opinion. I respect your opinion. However, having an opinion does not make one right.

Why must we sacrifice one for the other?

First Bold: Thank you for admitting that BB looks better in motion which is how I play games. Maybe you play frame by frame but I don't.

Second Bold: Graphics are not as important as gameplay. It is better to have great gameplay and bad graphics, than great graphics and bad gameplay. It is a game, so how the game plays is important. And the graphics in BB are not that bad really. The ball is way better looking than maddens. And the grass as well. The lighting is more advanced. So, the only thing that really is unattractive graphically is the unis.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:20 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by t11
First Bold: Thank you for admitting that BB looks better in motion which is how I play games. Maybe you play frame by frame but I don't.
Admitting? What's with you people? I am NEUTRAL when it comes to video game football. Why do you assume that everyone who levels a criticism at BB must somehow be a Madden fanboy or spy or whatever?

Can't I complain about a flaw I see in a game without secretly being hard up for it's competition?

And the reason I said BB looks better in motion is because of the engine itself. I have yet to see Tron jogging, but then, I have yet to see game play video.

Quote:
Second Bold: Graphics are not as important as gameplay. It is better to have great gameplay and bad graphics, than great graphics and bad gameplay. It is a game, so how the game plays is important. And the graphics in BB are not that bad really.
Yes. That is what I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Agree. From what little we've seen, Backbreaker does seem to sport impressive graphics. Graphics aren't my concern. The player models are.

But again, we'll see how the whole picture goes together

Quote:
The ball is way better looking than maddens. And the grass as well. The lighting is more advanced. So, the only thing that really is unattractive graphically is the unis.
Yes. That is what I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Titan
so youre hating on the game because the players dont look exactly like maddens? thats what you want right?
Really? Another BB fan who thinks that anyone who complains about BB is therefore a Madden fanboy/spy/whatever? Is it not possible to objectively raise a criticism about BB? What is WITH you people?

No, I'm not "hating on" the game because the players don't look like Madden's. I'm hating on the game because the players don't look like football players. They look like robocop.

I want a football game. Not a sci-fi football game. If I wanted sci-fi I'd go play Mutant League Football.

Quote:
different gaming companies cant be different.
And? What's so hard about creating a fictional contemporary American Football League? Again... Mutant Football League is waiting for me if I want sci-fi football.

Quote:
BB is supposedly based in the not so distant future so their play models will look different.
Oh really?! I didn't know that! /sarcasm

Quote:
However , i dont care about what they look like. Euphoria is seemingly amazing. As ar the physics in this game. If you dont give the game a chance because of the euipment the players when then, im sorry but you are an idiot and should your system taken from you.
Is it really so hard to read a thread before you call names? I already stated in this thread that I WOULD give the game a chance, after some discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me in this thread
Now that I look at it like that I may give them a bit more leeway. As long as everything else, from graphics to gameplay, justify it.

Do you only read the first post in a thread and then respond? Clearly you don't, because you responded to a later post of mine. So what is it? Why the misunderstanding of my position? Are you just defensive? What is it?

Old 07-25-2009, 03:31 PM   #38
t11
Rookie

I didn't say you were a Madden fanboy. You just said that they look better than madden in motion, which is what matters, than said Maddens look better. (a contradiction) I thought you were complaining about graphics as a whole. That is what your posts made it seem like (except the ones you quoted).

I do see where you are coming from. It just seemed kinda weird to place such an emphasis on player models when that really is not what is important.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:50 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by t11
I didn't say you were a Madden fanboy. You just said that they look better than madden in motion, which is what matters, than said Maddens look better. (a contradiction) I thought you were complaining about graphics as a whole. That is what your posts made it seem like (except the ones you quoted).

I do see where you are coming from. It just seemed kinda weird to place such an emphasis on player models when that really is not what is important.

Immersion IS important though, and I am afraid that unrealistic models will hurt immersion.

Old 07-25-2009, 03:55 PM   #40
t11
Rookie

Games with far less graphics capabilities (meaning crappy player models) have acheived immersion.

But, at least that post shows that you are unsure. You seemed adamant about your position before. I don't think the player models will hurt immersion, it just might take some getting used to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »