Home

NFL Fever 2004 Beta Impressions

This is a discussion on NFL Fever 2004 Beta Impressions within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2003, 01:51 PM   #33
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: NFL Fever 2004 Beta Impressions

Quote:

Clay_OS said:
Does your Beta give you any clue as to how XSN will work?

Yeah, it says you have to logon to www.xsnsports.com and create a user ID and password, which I haven't done yet. Then set up the league and go to your Xbox and enter it and set things up. I have no idea if this version will let me do anything on XSN, but I will try very soon.
Old 08-04-2003, 01:57 PM   #34
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

A few more things that popped into my head.

I noticed when playing on the grass little puffs of dirt come up when you run around. It's hardly noticable but it is there.

Punt returns seem to be exactly the same as last year. You can't get ANY return yardage unless the offense selected "Punt Protect". I have yet to get more than a 3 yard return on a punt return when the AI selects a normal punt. Very frustrating.

The coaches look almost IDENTICAL to their real life counterparts. I have seen at least 10 of them and it's scary!! Very nicely done.
Old 08-04-2003, 01:59 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:

Steve_OS said:
You know what?!?!? I can select alternates on an exhibition game, but I can not figure out how to select a uniform in dynasty mode. In single player, you select if you want home or away, then the next screen you select your uniform. You can even select the other teams uni. But in dynasty all you can do is select the team, the next screen is the loading screen setting up the game. Really odd. Again, it's Beta.

In 2003, u had to click on Front Office in your dynasty and then Uniform Stadium Editor to change any teams uniform or stadium.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2003, 02:06 PM   #36
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

Quote:

Spin said:
Quote:

Steve_OS said:
You know what?!?!? I can select alternates on an exhibition game, but I can not figure out how to select a uniform in dynasty mode. In single player, you select if you want home or away, then the next screen you select your uniform. You can even select the other teams uni. But in dynasty all you can do is select the team, the next screen is the loading screen setting up the game. Really odd. Again, it's Beta.

In 2003, u had to click on Front Office in your dynasty and then Uniform Stadium Editor to change any teams uniform or stadium.

I went there and only saw that you can change and edit home and away jerseys. No idea where the alternates are.
Old 08-04-2003, 03:00 PM   #37
MVP

Hey Steve, do the teams play according to their ratings? Is it more difficult to win with a lower rated team?
Old 08-04-2003, 03:07 PM   #38
Banned

chef423's Arena

OVR: 1

Steve, thanks for the impressions, I know it takes time out of your busy schedule to answer and sift throgh the questions.

BTW: Madden f*nboys are starting to piss me off.

chef423
Old 08-04-2003, 03:16 PM   #39
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

Quote:

Spin said:
Hey Steve, do the teams play according to their ratings? Is it more difficult to win with a lower rated team?

The rating themselves are off, I think. No team is rated over a 62 or something like that. They are all within a few points of that in the Beta. I have played mostly w/ the Cowboys and have been beaten bad by the Bucs, Eagles and Raiders and a few others. I have beaten the Ravens, Texans, Skins and a few others. The teams that should play tough, seem to give me problems. I just don't think they have the overall team ratings correct yet.
Old 08-04-2003, 03:34 PM   #40
MVP

How is the blitzing?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »