Home

So could a developer please explain WHY Fever 2004 is STILL ARCADEY???

This is a discussion on So could a developer please explain WHY Fever 2004 is STILL ARCADEY??? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2003, 03:03 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: So could a developer please explain WHY Fever 2004 is STILL ARCADEY???

Quote:

Skyboxer said:
Quote:

DaHitman said:
Quote:

Skyboxer said:
Quote:

DaHitman said:
Quote:

pjv31 said:
what are you talking about 9 or 10 reviews say fever sucks? there are only 5 to my knowledge.

Game Informer: 7.75/10
EGM 6.5/10
Game Zone 9.3/10
Xbox Addict 4.5/5
ESPN Gamer 40/50

i think those reviews are pretty good.

Fever is the lowest rated football game. 7.5 is a nice way of saying your game sucks

Man, someone rated Fever a 7.5... Crap. That alone means I can not play the game for myself and see if I like it or not. I mean us gamers have no minds of our own so we must ,as wriiten in the "Official Review Readers Organization", totally bypass Fever and move to something else. ESPN and Madden have gotten reviews over 9 so that means I can play one of those without any fear of not liking the game!!! Wooohooo...

BEEEP BOOOP...
This conlcudes the singled cell brain report.... We now return to your regularly scheduled "we all have minds of our own" program.....

i always play the games and most of the time the reviews are right. Fever 2003 was so wack i just look at the 2004 videos and can see it still sucks.

Again you have not played the game and are deciding everything off reviews and a movie clip. So why are you in Fever forum if it's going to "suck" and you are not getting it....??

umm by watching a movie clip, you can tell the game sucks. the movie clip was ingame footage. u can tell the movements are stiff and fake. u dont have to play it. all u guys EVER do is put up Fever reviews on the forum and defend your game. every time theres a bad review (which 85% of the time they are) you guys say the reviews suck and they dont know anything. every time it DOES get a good review you guys say the reviewers are geniouses. when Microsoft.com (XBOX official site) reviewed it a 4.6 out of 5, you guys all said "FEVER is the best! look at what Microsoft gave it!". umm.. guys, Microsoft MADE THE GAME duh theyre gonna give it a high score!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2003, 03:16 PM   #42
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

what are you talking about? that 4.6 review isnt from microsoft. and it has only got 1 bad review from EGM the rest have been good. and so what if it did get a bad review i still think its gonna be the best game this year, thats my opinion and if you think it sucks thats great i dont really care.
Old 08-23-2003, 09:38 PM   #43
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

custom_bates said:
Quote:

Skyboxer said:
Quote:

DaHitman said:
Quote:

Skyboxer said:
Quote:

DaHitman said:
Quote:

pjv31 said:
what are you talking about 9 or 10 reviews say fever sucks? there are only 5 to my knowledge.

Game Informer: 7.75/10
EGM 6.5/10
Game Zone 9.3/10
Xbox Addict 4.5/5
ESPN Gamer 40/50

i think those reviews are pretty good.

Fever is the lowest rated football game. 7.5 is a nice way of saying your game sucks

Man, someone rated Fever a 7.5... Crap. That alone means I can not play the game for myself and see if I like it or not. I mean us gamers have no minds of our own so we must ,as wriiten in the "Official Review Readers Organization", totally bypass Fever and move to something else. ESPN and Madden have gotten reviews over 9 so that means I can play one of those without any fear of not liking the game!!! Wooohooo...

BEEEP BOOOP...
This conlcudes the singled cell brain report.... We now return to your regularly scheduled "we all have minds of our own" program.....

i always play the games and most of the time the reviews are right. Fever 2003 was so wack i just look at the 2004 videos and can see it still sucks.

Again you have not played the game and are deciding everything off reviews and a movie clip. So why are you in Fever forum if it's going to "suck" and you are not getting it....??

umm by watching a movie clip, you can tell the game sucks. the movie clip was ingame footage. u can tell the movements are stiff and fake. u dont have to play it. all u guys EVER do is put up Fever reviews on the forum and defend your game. every time theres a bad review (which 85% of the time they are) you guys say the reviews suck and they dont know anything. every time it DOES get a good review you guys say the reviewers are geniouses. when Microsoft.com (XBOX official site) reviewed it a 4.6 out of 5, you guys all said "FEVER is the best! look at what Microsoft gave it!". umm.. guys, Microsoft MADE THE GAME duh theyre gonna give it a high score!

First off we are not defending "our" game. Unlike you, most of us play them all and decide then whether we like it or not. We are simply commenting on the "game sucks because I saw movies" statements.
I have Madden and soon will have Vefer and ESPN. At that point I will decide what I want to keep...
Key word is "I", not some review or movie clips. I have a mind of my own.
Old 08-23-2003, 11:52 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

ya know what? I get tired of caoming on here and seeing people sh*it all over themselves about how great a certain game is and another isn't. Anyone else out there realize that everybody is different. There's som many people bashing Madden because of ESPN, but why? cause you hate madden? So. Ok. DOesn't mean it's a bad game, it's still a very good game.

Right now I'm taking Fever over ESPN or Madden just cause right now it looks to have what I like. Realistic looking players-in my view anyway, decent presentation, etc. that doesn't mean the other games suck, it's just that's my preference.

So these reviews really don't mean [censored you naughty boy] when it comes tothe people playing them. We're ultimately the ones who gotta make the call so don't let anyone persuade you otherwise.

Just look at ID2003. It started off with mixed reviews and by the time it was all said and done, it was maybe the best bball game for the year.
Old 08-24-2003, 05:03 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 16

Fever and XSN=Fun as HELL ONLINE!!! and having fun with games is my reason for buying and playing games. Fever is just flat out a fun game to play, I played Madden since day one and played 2k3 to death, but they got boring. Its something about Fevers replays, animations, stadiums, player models, etc. that keep me wanting to play more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2003, 05:19 PM   #46
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: So could a developer please explain WHY Fever 2004 is STILL ARCADE

As much as I hate to admit it, I enjoyed fever online last year more than Madden as well.
Old 08-24-2003, 05:35 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3

I hear ya and this year I'm gettin Fever. I rented Madden 04 this year already and since I played 2k3 last year I thought I'd give Madden another try but it's not for me.That doesn't mean it's a bad game cause that's not what I'm saying it's just not what I want. ESPN looks very improved from last year and I bought and liked 2k3 last year.I got the demo this year and tried it out and it seems to be improved especially in the tackling department whereas last year the guy would get hit and end up 2-3 yds from where he was contacted first.The game I'm sure will be very good but Fever intrigues me. I rented 03 and I actually sorta liked some aspects of the game though I won't go into details.I've d/lded quite a bit of vids on Fever and I'm impressed with the improvements they've made so I'm going to try it with the possibility of getting ESPN down the road.Fever just looks like it's fun,not that the others aren't cause Madden had been my game up until last year and I had a blast with it but it seemed to be the same old same old and I got bored with it.Is Fever arcadey? I think it is somewhat but that's not a bad thing for me and I'm not a 15 year old kid.I follow the NFL closely and have for quite some time so I know alittle about the game.I'm looking forward to getting the game and having some fun and I hope everyone else will enjoy the game that they get whatever game it is.
Old 08-24-2003, 05:59 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: So could a developer please explain WHY Fever 2004 is STILL ARCADE

Quote:

bdunn13 said:
As much as I hate to admit it, I enjoyed fever online last year more than Madden as well.

Really BDunn? I liked a lot about Fever last year, but with my FF Commissioner duties, I didn't give it much of a chance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »