Home

What do you think about the review at IGN?

This is a discussion on What do you think about the review at IGN? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2003, 12:06 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: What do you think about the review at IGN?

Different strokes for different folks. But I really cant understand how people let some things slide and seemingly sweep them under a rug in other games but are alot more critical when it comes to shortcomings in others. But oh well. I'll keep on enjoying Fever 2004
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2003, 12:18 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:

PopoWRX said:
People have different opinions, IGN is entitled to theirs but their preview of NFL Fever 2004 was alot more positive then that review, its funny how it turned out.

Well, previews are almost always positive. The game reviewers have a vested interest in pumping up pretty much every game that comes down the pike. It's good for business. Besides, Fever is an ambitious title- it tries to do a lot of things, and unfortunately it doesn't really pull any of them off. But I can understand being excited about early versions before finally being let down by the final product when you see how it all came together.

For those on the fence just wait for OS or any football-centric gaming site, they should provide better reviews then say IGN.

Old 08-29-2003, 12:20 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

all im sayin is that if i listend to reviews i wouldnt have played or listened to a lot of things i enjoy
Old 08-29-2003, 12:26 PM   #28
L*rd *f th* M*n*t**s

Cincinnati_Kid's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

seanmac said:
I think the review is very good. My only quibble would be that Fever 2004 clearly features more animations than the previous two- not as many as Madden or ESPN, but the difference from 2003 is noticeable. I would also have pointed out the glacial game speed that is required to allow read and lead to work with any sort of effectiveness, something that IGN missed. But all in all, I agree with the rest of their review.

I've been giving Fever a serious chance, trying various control schemes and using different play options, but at the end of the day, it simply isn't a good football game on any level. It doesn't simulate the sport anywhere near as well as Madden or ESPN, and thanks to the terrible player control, it's nowhere near as fun as those two games, either. I've been popping NCAA, Madden, the ESPN demo and Fever in one after the other, trying to compare, and Fever is not in the class of any of those other titles.

ditto

i actually believe gameday was the better nfl game released tuesday.....unfortunatley its flawed in the single played running game

also never have put alot of stock in IGN REVIEWS but they did a good job hitting on the key points with these 2 games (gameday / fever 2004)
Old 08-29-2003, 12:29 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 8

Good to see we're in agreement, Cincy. We'll have to play a few games of ESPN next week and see if we can manage to crack the Mendoza line on completions.
Old 08-29-2003, 12:49 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

IGN is right on the ball with their review. Good job IGN!!
Old 08-29-2003, 01:32 PM   #31
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

GiantsFan said:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2003, 03:12 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

GiantsFan said:

i seem to agree with IGN on most of there reviews except when they gave Tao Feng a 8.7 that game should of got a 6.5. Face it guys NFL Fever is for the 8-18 crowd of wild gamers who play crazy arcadey games. The only competition Fever has is NFL Blitz.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »