Home

NFL Fever 2005 could be the best football game next year

This is a discussion on NFL Fever 2005 could be the best football game next year within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-29-2004, 09:00 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Fever was the BEST game THIS YEAR

i bought every football game this year, and by far, Fever 2004 was the best one i played. I am new to xbox and just played this year's version of the game, so maybe that helped because i didn't see the inperfections as in year's past. However, this game was far better than madden and espn. For one, the owner mode on madden was pitiful. other than changing the coaches and players becoming coaches, the move was pointless and the build the stadium was even worse. Madden stated before it was released that there would be millions of combinations for the build the stadium. I am an architect and unfortunately, that was an tremendous let down for me; you really could pick just the roof design and lighting. Other than that, madden's gameplay was average, the animations were good (although behind espn). but the problem i have with BOTH of the games is the player models. Madden can't make a black player look correct, not to mention all players look somewhat similar. In Fever LT looks like a built running back and offensive lineman look huge. ESPN's models just look like stick figures and move like they have strings just waiting for someone to direct them. Now, ESPN's presentation was amazing, combining the ESPN license and the NFL Primtime feature, but the game was so bad, i couldn't even play it. I returned it within 2 weeks. Madden has a great franchise (fantasy draft, playmaker, salaries, training mode), but it didn't offer any/many improvements in the game. They basically just took 2003 and added owner mode. nice try, but no. maybe next year. Fever however, had many things i really appreciated in a game. Now i am sure some of these were in previous year's games, but they are new to me then. The Upper Deck Highlight Reel is great. The player retired jerseys and hall of fame is a very nice feature. The fantasy draft has the breakdown of everything you have/need in one location so you don't have to back out and look (madden). The towels on the players are great. The running back actually pushes the lineman he is runnning behind, the play action fakes work. Sack and interceptions are pretty easy to get, but not too easy. The animations are great, especially with player reactions turned on. The graphics are the best i have seen in football, and the stats are pretty realistic in terms of simualtion. I think all and all, this is the best football game i have ever played and enjoy each game more than the next. If anything else, it is the only football game that doesn't seem repetitive. So, give this a try and i guarantee it will not disappoint; just throw out all the negative opinions you have heard and give it a go.
Old 03-01-2004, 01:47 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Fever was the BEST game THIS YEAR

fever was better than i thought it was,but its not the best football game madden still the king. but they better improve their graphics or 2005 is gonna be a doozy.fever needs to improve their db play because instead of going for the pick they always jump 10ft off the ground and knock the ball down.they need sliders to control this. and they don't call any penalties and no one seems to get hurt.and they you can't challenge calls. and running backs get caught from behind to much.but they have the best by far tackle animations of all the games.and contrary to what people say, the commentary is fantastic. everyone said it was poor when it first came out, but maybe some of the patches fixed it because its the best. they never seem to repeat themselves and offer very helpful information.all espn does is crack the same stale jokes over and over.but nobody tops madden's gameplay it just can't be denied(if you play it like a true sim)madden just has a certain something no other game has.like some sort of secret formula.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:35 AM   #35
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Fever's gameplay and commentary is horrible. Espn's commentary does more then just tell the same jokes over again which you would know if you actually played the game and listened. You're just mad because you tried to go in the espn forum and got your feelings hurt. Madden's gameplay is the worst out of all three of them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2004, 08:53 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:

jmood88 said:
Fever's gameplay and commentary is horrible. Espn's commentary does more then just tell the same jokes over again which you would know if you actually played the game and listened. You're just mad because you tried to go in the espn forum and got your feelings hurt. Madden's gameplay is the worst out of all three of them.

woo! MADDEN's gameplay is the worst of the 3? riiiiight! ESPN's gameplay is just as flawed as MADDEN's if not, worst. Aside from presentation, & grfx, ESPN doesn't have much on MADDEN...
Old 03-01-2004, 09:15 AM   #37

jmood88's Arena

Quote:

Whaaaazuuuuup said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:

woo! MADDEN's gameplay is the worst of the 3? riiiiight! ESPN's gameplay is just as flawed as MADDEN's if not, worst. Aside from presentation, & grfx, ESPN doesn't have much on MADDEN...

Espn's gameplay is way better than madden. Madden isn't worst than fever but it's not much better either.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:39 AM   #38
Rookie

i know i'm not wrong when i say espn says the same thing over and over.how many times do you wanna hear that thing about tearing a page out of war and peace.give me a break i'm not saying i did'nt like espn i'm saying after awhile its gets boring.and don't tell me you did'nt get tired of those cut scenes.and like i said if you play madden like you're supposed to play football not all that just pick atl and scramble with vick all day mess, madden's gameplay can't be beat.fever is still no.3 on the list, but closing fast on the big boys.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:22 PM   #39

jmood88's Arena

Quote:

poopie said:
i know i'm not wrong when i say espn says the same thing over and over.how many times do you wanna hear that thing about tearing a page out of war and peace.give me a break i'm not saying i did'nt like espn i'm saying after awhile its gets boring.and don't tell me you did'nt get tired of those cut scenes.and like i said if you play madden like you're supposed to play football not all that just pick atl and scramble with vick all day mess, madden's gameplay can't be beat.fever is still no.3 on the list, but closing fast on the big boys.

They might say one or two things over but other than that the stuff isn't repetetive at all. I'm still hearing new things everytime I play and I got this in september. Sega has always had the best commentary and it's way better then madden's and fever's boring *** commentary. And madden's gameplay is not the best at all. How is it the best when you can run the same plays over and over again and the computer doesn't stop it? Or you throw it up in a crowd of defenders and the ball goes through them and winds up in the recievers hands? Or how when a person is running they can stop and slide and get extra yards? And fever just isn't even good enough to compare to madden or espn.
Old 03-01-2004, 03:50 PM   #40
Rookie

the problem with fever's game play is you can throw deep 85% of the time and complete passes.and run the same play over and over and the cpu never adjust with espn you can used the slant route all day and kill people.they have no type of momemtum in this game, everybody can stop and cut on a dime.and nobody gets fatigued.madden's not perfect but it feels like a real nfl game.superstars make plays and scrubs play like scrubs.and if ea makes madden play like the greatest football game ever made(ncaa 2004) this year everybody's in big trouble

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »