Home

Grey Cup - Eskimos vs Alouettes

This is a discussion on Grey Cup - Eskimos vs Alouettes within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2003, 09:02 PM   #1
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18
Grey Cup - Eskimos vs Alouettes

Well good game between the Argos and Als today, to bad about Damon Allen being knocked out early in the game but Marcus Brady played strong in his relief. The battle of thise game was the Argos off line versus the blitzing of the Als, and as always Mathews sent the house. They put on a blitzing clinic and Calvillo showed good poise in the pocket and even better legs on a game winning 35 yard touchdown run to win it for the Als. Montreal is once again going to the Grey Cup for the 2nd time in 2 years.

I worried about the momentum the Riders carried into this game against my Eskimos after beating Winnepeg but for the vast majority of the game the Eskimos dominated flat out. They racked up 548 yards of offence to only 150 of the Riders, while picking up 26 first downs to only 5 of the Riders. They were up 23-2 at the end of the third quarter but the Riders charged hard the last period and the Esks probably eased up way to much and allowed them back into the game. It was 30-10 with 5 mins to go but the Riders scored quickly and got it to 30-23 before recovering an onside kick that was called back to an offsied kicking team. On the second attempt the Riders kicked it out of bounds and the Eskimos ran down the clock to win the West. The man of the game was easily Mike Pringle who pounded the ball all day long. And for those Ricky Ray haters he put up 370 yards passing, 24-31 and threw and rushed for a touchdown. They also compared his stats to Warren Moons, Jeff Garcias, Tracy Hams and Damon Allens and his first 2 years of stats blew theirs out of the water, any guy that can pass for 4700 yards, 69% completion rate and 3:1 Td to interception ratio should get an NFL look.

So itll be a rematch of last seasons Grey Cup with Edmonton versus Montreal, the clash of the CFL titans. They match up really well to, the Als blitz a ton while the Eskimos play a short yardage game using plenty of screens and fleaflickers etc. Im pumped for the Grey Cup, Pringle faces his old team who shipped him out and called him washed up, after leading the league in rushing this year. Ill have my Molson Canadian, my hot wings, wearing my touque and sitting in the igloo for CFL weekend.

Go Eskimos!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2003, 03:09 AM   #2
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Grey Cup - Eskimos vs Alouettes

The Eastern Final was easily an Instant classic and it's the type of game that should be shown to Americans who doubt the quality/excitement of the CFL.

The Argos exploited some weaknesses in the Als defense by IIRC running 2 tight end sets and throwing the ball to the sidelines to Tony Miles and Alfred Jackson. I have to say I was impressed with the play of Marcus Brady and I think he's going to be a quality starter in this league.

Again the refs screwed the Argos and this time it mattered as the Calvillo TD should've been called dead at the goal-line. That ball was stripped by Ivory and right in front of the official's line of sight too!

Even with that tho I have to commend the Argos for playing tough and giving the Als all they've got.

As for the Western Final....All I can say is Nealon Greene is one inconsistent SOB!

Should be a fun Grey Cup and I think the Esks will win it especially if they exploit the weaknesses in the Als defense when they blitz.
Old 11-10-2003, 03:53 AM   #3
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

I hope I get to see it here in the US. I have been an Edmonton Eskimos fan since the days of Warren Moon.

I wish I could have seen the playoff games,they sounded exciting. Thanks for posting your thoughts about them.

I hope you guys enjoy the game.

GO ESKIMOS!!!!
Old 11-10-2003, 08:51 AM   #4
MVP

Bird006's Arena

OVR: 9

Damn... Eskimos played the better game last night, the Riders just came out cold. They couldnt move the ball at all on offence until they took Nealon out, but even still we didnt get very far. Ricky Ray came out smokin, completing 7 passes in a row to start the game. The Rider D just couldnt stop him. Not only him, but the whole Eskimo offence. We had one break the whole game, which was the dropped fumble that the Eskies thought was an incompletion, but right after Nealon just gave it back . The refs bad onside kick call didnt help us much either. So much for home feild advantadge in the Grey Cup. I might of went if the Riders made it (I just live in Saskatoon, a couple hours from Regina). Maybe next year.
Old 11-10-2003, 04:02 PM   #5
MVP

Donovan's Arena

Quote:

I might of went if the Riders made it (I just live in Saskatoon, a couple hours from Regina). Maybe next year.

I think its been sold out for a long time now, and all the hotels in town have been booked for over a year, its party time for all of canada this weekend
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2003, 11:25 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

Bird006 said:
I might of went if the Riders made it (I just live in Saskatoon, a couple hours from Regina).

Nice to see someone else in Saskatoon
Old 11-11-2003, 04:42 PM   #7
MVP

Donovan's Arena

Quote:

FISH said:
Quote:

Bird006 said:
I might of went if the Riders made it (I just live in Saskatoon, a couple hours from Regina).

lol yeah the armpit of Canada lol. jk.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:31 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

DonovanMD said:
Quote:

FISH said:
Quote:

Bird006 said:

lol yeah the armpit of Canada lol. jk.

Please..... There are alot of places worse then Saskatoon. Example: every other place in Saskatchewan including Regina.
(I know you are joking by the way.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »