Home

Official Wishlist Thread...

This is a discussion on Official Wishlist Thread... within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2004, 06:52 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Official Wishlist Thread (My Top 10)

I've played the hell out of this game on and offline. Myself and a companion would email formations that would exploit the defensive and offensive AI.

Truth be told, 04 would be a much better game if they patched the offensive lines AI. If that happened, the R&L would be much more successful. The insane defensive formations you can create are a bit unrealistic and take advantage of an AI glitch that only one button mashers or quick R&Lers can beat.

The same thing on the offensive side of the ball; weird formations can generally cause the defense headaches, which is good, but sacrifices realism. The Bail Run is a real problem for some and passing formations where there are WRs sitting behind guards and tackles is just stupid.

Two words...online franchise with drafts, trades and free agent pickups. Who wouldn't love that.

Commentary. If I hear Pitts run his mouth about a wet towel again I'm gonna snap. Why can't you follow Sega's 2k series. That series was fluid and realistic. How about a little excitment when a big play is made or TD? Perhaps drafting the talent of each hometeams radio star. It would avoid repetiveness and add a little more flavor than "That was a great play". Maybe allowing players to add their own commentary via the music mixer mic.

Presentation. Where is my blackhole? Where is my Packer fight song? Where are the mascots? Why do the sidelines still look like garbage? I want my coach running the sideline with me on a breakaway play. Maybe throw his clipboard when he's angry. The cheerleaders look like their being veiwed with beergoggles. Why can't we have a bit of professionalism like ESPN? Perhaps a Fox deal?

Customization. Why can't I recreate the Music City Miracle? In franchise mode why can't I reserve to play a legendary team at a later date instead of now or never?

Why does Jerry Rice turn into I Can't Catch when you play in All Fever?

Why can't I set a defensive and offensive rotation to keep my guys fresh?

Need a button to spike the ball.

How about allowing us to play our own music during games?

Real faces.

A little more desperation from teams with injuries. They should be trying to initiate trades with other teams when they have key injuries that will last more than 3 weeks. They don't have to trade with my team, but at least let me counter offer with my own proposal. That's what being a GM is all about, beating the other guy at everything.

I haven't seen any 4th or 5th round picks make an impact the way Terrell Davis and such have made in real life. One or two gems in the later rounds would be nice. Maybe a RB with good power and speed, but would take a 5 or so years to develope into a premier player. A LB with good tackling and speed or coverage skills.

Did you happen to see that Nike Michael Vick commercial that was all CGI? I want that. The Gatoraid bucket flying in was classic. The graphics were drop dead and the fluid motion was jaw dropping.

Why is it a QB, on live, can drop 30 yards back and launch it 60 or 70 yards? I can stop this, but it's still annoying to know that my LBs and DL can't catch him if he does that.

Why can't I design a play that will double cover a WR who's killing me in single coverage?

Why is a DL fast enough to catch a skat back from behind on a sweep or toss? Probably Oline AI.

Why can't I customize the Oline blocking scheme or who the WR is going to block? Most times my WR will run to the secondary instead of staying in tight to block a blitzer or looping LB.

Why weren't there more frequent updates as promised?

How about unlocking players as well as teams. Joe Montana, Dick Butcus, Bo Jackson, Marcus Allen, Jack Tatum, Willy Brown, Johnny U and so on? That would be original. Could you imagine having an online franchise and because a certain milestone was met, Barry Sanders is now available in the free agent market. Think of the trading, begging and backstabbing that would be going on, not to mention the rivalries it would spark.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:16 PM   #10
Rookie

Re: Official Wishlist Thread (My Top 10)

Wanted to add one more...

Would it not be cool to have 4 on 4 or eight on eight? Then it would come down to how well you can shake the D and get open or pick up that block or cover that WR or plug that running lane.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:32 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Official Wishlist Thread...

better commentary and STOP CUTTING OFF THE PLAY BEFORE IT'S FINSIHED...that's the two main reasons i din't buy this game...oh...and have better pass knock down/interception animations...my guy shouldn't be knocking down a clear int all the time...and while were at it..more animations to add to the already good ones
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2004, 08:56 PM   #12
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Fixed the sims stats if I play 8 min Dynasty I should get realastic stats. ( Arena League scores)

Team Specific Playbooks
More option when creating plays
More option in creating formation
Old 02-05-2004, 03:24 PM   #13
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Yes fever is a good game. I feel that the play momentum should be toned down. Like madden the player should be able to stop and change directions, it seems like in fever the min the person changes directions thier hit.

Also player models. PLease i hate the player model for Micheal Vick, Terrel Owns and Clinton Potis they really need to be worked on. All the players models. They should have them look more like thier counter part.

Scrambling wow wut a big issue. I want to be able to scramble a little with people like Mcnabb and vick with them hodling the football in the fottball position. It should be more lke madden or espn in that area.

I played madden 04 and espn and tier both great games but i really do think that fever has the making of a great football games. I hope they fever team really does something to beef fever up cause xbox has great first person games and these catogory of football should be masterd by the xobx
Old 02-05-2004, 06:24 PM   #14
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

Wow i have so many more wishes for nfl fever since i want it to do so well.

A big issue of fever is that it doesn't have enough penalty calls. I want to see roughing the kicking and running into the kicker. I want to see face masking and clipping hey and even leaping. Also pass interfence is such a big issue, i see my players getting tripped at the line and no pass intefernce calls that ticks me off.

Auto subsitution at the play calling screen should be done now like madden and espn. Since most teams like to rotate thier runningbacks and use different formations i want to be able to do the same.

To many of the football teams in the game feel alike. When i play with jets it feels the same as if i was playing with the packers. I want to be able to see all the teams strengths and weakness really apply to the game. For exmaple if i'm playing aganist the falcons and vick doesn't have any recievers open i want to see him rush and tackle break and stuff.

Read n Lead should also be fixed, some how it should be increased more to the quaterbacks attributes.

I want alot more tackling breaking in the game. I want to see at least 1000 more animations come it's due date. Also in game tackle breakings. Thier were like alony 4 in aLL. i want to see more
i want to be able to see like 5 different stiff arms applied to different situations. Like a low stiff arm to get a person trying to dive tackle u at ur ackles and stuff. Just more animations i want to be able to see fevers animations compare with all time madden and espn. I want too see the weather effect the players. In the rain if i have a running back in the open feild i want to see him pull a juke or fake juke and see the opponent try to anticpate the juke but like fall " he got broke" I basically want to see weather truly effect the players. I do like how in 2004 when it's snowing ur players run more slower. Thier should also more options to tweak the weather.

The last issue on my mind is grahics. WE all know the xbox has the ablitiy to show such high quality grahics like dead or alive halo and project gotham2 and etc. The grahics right now for fever look like thier a litte to cartoonish. Since fever is taking the simulation side the grahics should be different no so cartoony.

Right now i really can't wait to see fever 2005. I am such a big football fan. I like madden and espn but i want fever just much more improved. I really want to go to popular game sites and see fever with a game rating of like 9 or above. I really hope that mirocsoft really works on fever this year.

Old 02-05-2004, 10:19 PM   #15
Rookie

I agree about the animations, but the momentum needs to stay the way it is. Perhaps speed it up a bit, but I don't want my RBs turning on a dime...it's too unrealistic. Weather would be a plus, but it should hamper both the offense and defense. I don't want a game where I can score 100 points. As far as I know, scrambling is possible with a good QB especially when the D over persues. I want to see faster play actions and screen plays that actually work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2004, 08:47 AM   #16
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

I see wut ur saying Raider Jim

But like Madden and Espn and how the players can change directions but they have to completely stop running to do that, i wouldn't mind doing that in fever. Hey look at Dante Hall and how he was able to run like 6 kick off returns in a row it wasn't just great protection from his team he had to mostly do it him self with faking and changing directions. I want to be able to do the same like complete stop so i can change directions like in madden to escape the defenders. For example every time i play fever, Warren Sapp whose all the way at right defensive end some how is able to catch up with Micheal Vick whose all the way at the left side and i'm running with him side ways to get the first down and some how sapp can stop him on a dime. Come on now that's unrealastic. Like madden i like how when u see the blitz come at u and u have a fast quarterback u can escape it with good blocking . I wamt to be able to runn between tackles without somehow a person being block somehow come off the blocker and stop my every single time.

Also fever need a Challenge feature. The fumbles in fever r just so horrible. They awefull. I want to be able to challenge a catch a fumble and other challengeable stuff like espn.

More features, fever need more features like madden who had franchise mini camp and owner mode and stuff like that, this year fever was exactly the same except for some of it's gameplay element that was changed. After that the dynasty mode was like untouched.

Please fix the defenders. It seems like everytime they try to intercept they fail. Thay really ticks me off. Every time they have a clean interception they drop it. In fever it seems like u can olny get 2 interceptions in a game. Also fix the wide recivers catching the ball. 8 out of 10 times they ctach the ball it seems they always jump and lose thier stride no matter how will i throw the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »