Home

It's 2013...will this be the year that we see NFL 2k14?

This is a discussion on It's 2013...will this be the year that we see NFL 2k14? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 16
It's 2013...will this be the year that we see NFL 2k14?

With all of the messageboards on gaming websites speculating when we might see another NFL 2k video game return to its proper place. I wanted to poll a question to you all...when do you think we will see 2k return to football video game genre? The current gen systems? Or possibly the next gen systems (Xbox 720). Honestly, I stopped looking and researching this topic until I saw the last video from hiphopgamer regarding nfl 2k return being more possible. Here is the link for those who haven't seen the video yet.

http://www.egmnow.com/hiphopgamer/nf...-check-it-out/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #2
Rookie

ice2modern's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: It's 2013...will this be the year that we see NFL 2k14?

Quote:
Originally Posted by damedash
With all of the messageboards on gaming websites speculating when we might see another NFL 2k video game return to its proper place. I wanted to poll a question to you all...when do you think we will see 2k return to football video game genre? The current gen systems? Or possibly the next gen systems (Xbox 720). Honestly, I stopped looking and researching this topic until I saw the last video from hiphopgamer regarding nfl 2k return being more possible. Here is the link for those who haven't seen the video yet.

http://www.egmnow.com/hiphopgamer/nf...-check-it-out/
hope so bro....cool vid 2
MLB : The Boston Red Sox
NFL : The Miami Dolphins
ITM Cup : Auckland
NHL : LA Kings
SUPER RUGBY : Blues
Old 01-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #3
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Probably never going to happen.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:02 AM   #4
Rookie

BradyBunch88's Arena

OVR: 2

With EA Sports letting go of the NCAA Football license I think that now is the time for 2K Sports to make a move.

More than likely this year or next year will be a lot more promising in that we hear some news from 2K about a potential football game, due to EA's failure to renew the NCAA license.

The NFL / EA license will be reviewed sometime in the near future...Google it, I forget the exact dates. But EA has the power (to continue with the NFL in exclusively making NFL games) now that they've let go of NCAA and AFL licenses.

2K has a lot of options, they can opt to not compete at all and let another company make a NCAA for the 2015 season (the earliest I think we'll see a NCAA video game other than EA). Thus waiting out for the review of the EA's licensing deal with the NFL. Very risky if it doesn't work out for 2K.

2K could compete and make an NCAA game but the question arises about a potential NFL game for the future.
If 2K did make a college football game, they could use that to show the NFL "Look, this is what we can offer you in terms of a football game". It also depends how full on they'll go with the game, they might not put too much effort in or money in order to save it for a potential NFL game.

It all comes down to the NFL / EA exclusive rights deal and when that is under review. If it's not followed up on then I expect 2K Sports will make an NFL game.

On the other hand they've got a very successful basketball game which, for me, year after year just keeps getting better and better, so, why change anything?

Personally I think towards the end of the year, maybe sometime next year 2K will start talking about a potential football game. Whether that's an NCAA game or a NFL game. My thoughts are, due to the recent news about EA giving up the NCAA license, I think 2K Sports might make a NCAA football game.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25

I think it will happen when the new consoles come out personally.On xbox 720 and playstation 4. we missed a whole generation because of this exclusive BS. I think once we speak as a group exclusives will be gone (fat Chance). Honestly all 2k needs to get the fans back is a college football title with 2k share and edit with updated ratings and rankings. Copy the whole 2k 5 formula with post game interviews etc(coaches) And studio updates. The NFL will come to them again
MLB:PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
NCAAFB:PENN ST (Jerry's Gone PSU Moves on)
NCAABB:KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #6
MVP

bigbob's Arena

It's the same, simple answer that it's been every year since 2K5.

No.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 01-24-2013, 03:05 PM   #7
Banned

Drtro's Arena

OVR: 6

College bud works on the NBA 2K team. He said they're not making anymore football games as relevant to Madden (NFL Teams, Player Names, etc.)

They just don't have the money to bid against EA. The only time they'd consider it is if EA gives up the exclusive lisense which won't happen anytime soon since Madden is all they have left. The reason they're giving up the NCAA lisense is because they won't be doing anything with Madden anymore (draft classes) because of the new CCM draft storylines.

Unless Madden sales goes down, they won't give up the exclusive lisense. If only we could get a mass to boycott Madden but even if all the "sim" players stoppe playing Madden, that wouldn't put a dent in their sales.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #8
MVP

bigbob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtro
They just don't have the money to bid against EA. The only time they'd consider it is if EA gives up the exclusive lisense which won't happen anytime soon since Madden is all they have left. The reason they're giving up the NCAA lisense is because they won't be doing anything with Madden anymore (draft classes) because of the new CCM draft storylines.
They gave it up because of a lawsuit, not because they won't be doing any more Draft Classes.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »