Home

Sign If You Want A Highly Customizable 2K Next-Gen Game

This is a discussion on Sign If You Want A Highly Customizable 2K Next-Gen Game within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 06:42 PM   #105
Rookie

minoguerrover's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Sign If You Want A Highly Customizable 2K Next-Gen Game

count me in
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2014, 12:24 AM   #106
Rookie

Eggl's Arena

OVR: 1

signed. I think someone mentioned somewhere else to make a generic game with a fictional league, but really sell the storyline hardcore to get people buying into this fake league kinda like Blitz The League. With next-gen technology I feel like you could blend video game and TV show almost (anyone remember playmakers? Also shut down by the No Fun League). I think this would definitely be the way to go. But if that's too much of a gamble, I'd say pure customization is a safe bet.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:29 AM   #107
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggl
signed. I think someone mentioned somewhere else to make a generic game with a fictional league, but really sell the storyline hardcore to get people buying into this fake league kinda like Blitz The League. With next-gen technology I feel like you could blend video game and TV show almost (anyone remember playmakers? Also shut down by the No Fun League). I think this would definitely be the way to go. But if that's too much of a gamble, I'd say pure customization is a safe bet.
2K Sports and Rockstar are under the same Take-Two umbrella. It would make perfect sense to collaborate and make an edition of GTA based on the life of a pro football player, and they can take much further than Midway could with Blitz, because in Blitz--while fun--you were limited to cutscenes and cellphone messages for every off the field action. 2K Sports can take care of the football aspects, Rockstar can take care of the interactive world and off the field story. This is GTA we're talking about, so the game would obviously sell huge. If 2K doesn't get the license, it's time for them to use their heads and do this and quit letting the NFL situation punk them out of opportunities for fresh IP. Over 30 Million people worldwide bought GTA 5 most of which were Americans. GTA is a sales phenomenon, and America is hysterical about Pro football.

With a big seller like this would be, the NFL license would be irrelevant as a standard NFL game would never sell anywhere near as many copies as a GTA edition would. Add in total customization and you're looking at a potential instant classic. It just makes too much sense.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:55 AM   #108
Rookie

OVR: 7

Count me in!!

NFL- BUCCS
NBA- MAGIC
NCCAF- FLA
AFGHANISTAN "2011-12" WAR VET

Redzone League
Cleveland Browns
Season 3 (7-9)
Season 4 (1-0)

Jacksonville Jaguars
Season 6 (0-0)
Old 01-12-2014, 03:21 AM   #109
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
2K Sports and Rockstar are under the same Take-Two umbrella. It would make perfect sense to collaborate and make an edition of GTA based on the life of a pro football player, and they can take much further than Midway could with Blitz, because in Blitz--while fun--you were limited to cutscenes and cellphone messages for every off the field action. 2K Sports can take care of the football aspects, Rockstar can take care of the interactive world and off the field story. This is GTA we're talking about, so the game would obviously sell huge. If 2K doesn't get the license, it's time for them to use their heads and do this and quit letting the NFL situation punk them out of opportunities for fresh IP. Over 30 Million people worldwide bought GTA 5 most of which were Americans. GTA is a sales phenomenon, and America is hysterical about Pro football.

With a big seller like this would be, the NFL license would be irrelevant as a standard NFL game would never sell anywhere near as many copies as a GTA edition would. Add in total customization and you're looking at a potential instant classic. It just makes too much sense.
2K did something similar with their My Player in NBA 2k. If you watch any vids of this mode, you can definitely see the GTA influence.

I agree BTW, to combine the best of both worlds into one great football experience, either NFL or fictional.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:35 PM   #110
MVP

OVR: 22

Yes
Old 01-22-2014, 06:55 PM   #111
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
Sign if you want 2K to create a highly customizable next-gen football game.
I sign. But under one caveat. Make a PC version. I'm not buying another console. God knows, the PC is a much better platform for customization of any game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2014, 09:13 PM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 2

I agree, the next 2k football game should be highly customizable.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »