Home

Community Q & A with Dynasty Football creator Eric Kneipfer

This is a discussion on Community Q & A with Dynasty Football creator Eric Kneipfer within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2014, 04:23 PM   #41
Rookie

eaglesfan20's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Community Q & A with Dynasty Football creator Eric Kneipfer

ok so I have thought of some more questions and jotted them down while looking around the internet last night.

I know I am crazy probably with some of these questions but I like the details that could be found in a game like this and look forward to the time I could end up wasting playing your game
so please feel free to tell me to relax but you have more than grabbed my attention with this game

so here goes

contracts? will there be realistic type contracts in the game? will players have certain incentives that trigger bonuses in contracts such as making all pro, winning MVP, playing certain amount of snaps, roster bonus, etc..? are you able to offer players things such as being a starter?

during free agency will players have reasons for why they would choose a team, such as location, money, playing time, chance of winning a title, etc..?

will players hold out or request trades based on unhappiness with a contract or other circumstances?

is there the possibility of a supplemental draft?

will there be an undrafted free agent signing period after the draft?

speaking of the draft will there be anything to make the draft special or is there going to be or any possibility of something where there is someone who makes comments on draft picks, or offers insight in to picks during the draft, like a Mel Kiper type?

are teams going to be aware of what their needs are going into free agency and the draft so that a team won't go too heavy on one position or draft a QB in the 1st round every year?

will different teams value different positions differently than one another? in real life some teams it seems neglect positions while others stock up on certain positions.

will there be some way that has teams that value draft picks while also having some teams that value trading away picks to acquire players and or high draft picks? also some teams have no problem drafting players with character or injury concerns while others will take them off their draft board entirely, is that something that is possible in what your creating?

do players naturally progress as seasons go on without training or is up to the user to help mold the player?

can players not reach their full potential even if you spend time training them and working on improving them?

will players not succeed in one system but be able to succeed in another?
can players switch positions? such as a college 4-3 smallish type DE be moved to a 3-4 OLB type? if so are the computer teams able to make adjustments like these to player positions or will they only see the value of the player at his listed position?

can retired players become coaches?

can position coaches become head coaches at some point? say I have a very good OC do I have to worry that some other team may come looking to hire him as their new head coach?

do some coaches come from college?

is there a coaching pool somewhere that coaches, such as position coaches are hired from?

do teams run certain offenses or defenses based their head coach or can OC and DC influence the type of scheme that is used?

are teams able to relocate to another city?

will there be some teams/coaches similar to Belicheck who prefer to be more aggressive at times and go for it on 4th down and things of that nature more frequently than others?

are their team captains? can they be picked by the user if so? and would they if they exist have an effect on the units that they lead?

sorry, I guess that is quite a few questions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2014, 08:14 PM   #42
Rookie

neef's Arena

I have to break this up. I'll start with the second half first.

do players naturally progress as seasons go on without training or is up to the user to help mold the player?

Player's who don't train get worse! Their ratings drop until they are trained up again. When injured players come back this will affect them

can players not reach their full potential even if you spend time training them and working on improving them?

Most won't get every rating to the peak of their potential.

will players not succeed in one system but be able to succeed in another? can players switch positions? such as a college 4-3 smallish type DE be moved to a 3-4 OLB type? if so are the computer teams able to make adjustments like these to player positions or will they only see the value of the player at his listed position?

This is my hope, but it needs to be play tested.

can retired players become coaches?

No, sorry...

can position coaches become head coaches at some point? say I have a very good OC do I have to worry that some other team may come looking to hire him as their new head coach?

Yes, this will be part of the game without a doubt.

do some coaches come from college?

No, not worth the time and energy to invest when other game features are more important.

is there a coaching pool somewhere that coaches, such as position coaches are hired from?

Yes, just like free agent players there's a free agent coach list you can hire from whenever you need to.

do teams run certain offenses or defenses based their head coach or can OC and DC influence the type of scheme that is used?

It's all about the HC for now.

are teams able to relocate to another city?

No, sorry.

will there be some teams/coaches similar to Belicheck who prefer to be more aggressive at times and go for it on 4th down and things of that nature more frequently than others?

4th and 3 against the Colts still haunts me from a few years ago... I haven't programed this but I should. Play calling is based on coach preferred schemes right now though.

are their team captains? can they be picked by the user if so? and would they if they exist have an effect on the units that they lead?

Maybe version 3 or 4? lol.

I'll get to the rest of your questions later after I have a large meal and a long nap.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:46 PM   #43
Pro

kcsam's Arena

OVR: 1

Hi Eric. I really like why I'm seeing a.d reading about this game. Some quick questions:

Will you be able to play a league with another human user? Lets say I have a friend who lives in the Bay Area and wants to play with me as his own team in my league. Will that be a customizable option? Keep up the work and good luck!

Will there be suspensions? I'm assuming yes, but to what degree? Meaning could you lose a player for the year due to PEDs for multiple offenses or arrests?

Will there be players who become unhappy and demand a trade?

Are there in season firings? If so, do you have to wait to the off season to pick back up with a new team?

Is there ever a point in the coache's career when you become "Un hire-able"? Meaning, you've bombed out with multiple teams and no one wants to give you a shot.

Are there camp holdouts due to contract disputes?

Are there draft day trades?

Are there in game ejections?

Are you able to resign from a job?

Can the cpu pick up someone from your practice squad and add to their active roster?

Will restricted free agents be in the game?

Will you be able to play a player who is "questionable" but risk him becoming re-injured at a higher rate?

That's all I can think of off the top of my head that I believe has yet to be asked. Look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited by kcsam; 07-20-2014 at 10:49 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:58 AM   #44
Rookie

neef's Arena

contracts? will there be realistic type contracts in the game? will players have certain incentives that trigger bonuses in contracts such as making all pro, winning MVP, playing certain amount of snaps, roster bonus, etc..? are you able to offer players things such as being a starter?

I was waiting for a question about contracts. They are closely modelled after the NFL in terms of their length and value. The will increase in base salary most years and include signing bonuses spread spread against the cap over the entirety of the contract. As far as incentives, that's not an interest i have; I want to keep this part of the game straight forward, so I'm not going to add that.

during free agency will players have reasons for why they would choose a team, such as location, money, playing time, chance of winning a title, etc..?

It's just "show me the Benjamins" right now. Programing a alife history for each player has to be left on the cutting roon floor.

will players hold out or request trades based on unhappiness with a contract or other circumstances?

I'd like to include this feature, but no promises the first version.

is there the possibility of a supplemental draft?

No, sorry.

will there be an undrafted free agent signing period after the draft?

You can sign any undrafted players after the draft.

speaking of the draft will there be anything to make the draft special or is there going to be or any possibility of something where there is someone who makes comments on draft picks, or offers insight in to picks during the draft, like a Mel Kiper type?

The draft is a huge event and i want to simulate it as such, so yes we have some plans for this feature.

are teams going to be aware of what their needs are going into free agency and the draft so that a team won't go too heavy on one position or draft a QB in the 1st round every year?

Absolutely yes to this this question.

will different teams value different positions differently than one another? in real life some teams it seems neglect positions while others stock up on certain positions.

Possibly; that will have to be determined after play testeing.

will there be some way that has teams that value draft picks while also having some teams that value trading away picks to acquire players and or high draft picks? also some teams have no problem drafting players with character or injury concerns while others will take them off their draft board entirely, is that something that is possible in what your creating?

First part: No; second part: Yes. there is a coach personalty called "Psychologist" who specializes in handling nut cases. I loosely modeled the type on Marvin Lewis and his crew of miscreants, Phil Jackson from the NBA, and pretty much any successful Raiders coach. These coaches and other personality types with high "Working With Head cases" ratings will be less afraid to take a possible malcontent.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:04 PM   #45
Rookie

neef's Arena

Will you be able to play a league with another human user? Lets say I have a friend who lives in the Bay Area and wants to play with me as his own team in my league. Will that be a customizable option? Keep up the work and good luck!

There's no way that could be done in the first version. My vision is to do that for version2 and start online leagues.

Will there be suspensions? I'm assuming yes, but to what degree? Meaning could you lose a player for the year due to PEDs for multiple offenses or arrests?

The suspensions are based on the NFLs rules, so yes, you could lose a guy for a long time of he keeps making dumb decisions.

Will there be players who become unhappy and demand a trade?

I haven't included that, at least not yet.

Are there in season firings? If so, do you have to wait to the off season to pick back up with a new team?

You could get fired in the season, sure. And yes, you'd have to miss the rest of the season. However there is an option "Never Get Fired" which would allow you to run the team right into the ground for 30 years and keep your job safe.

Is there ever a point in the coache's career when you become "Un hire-able"? Meaning, you've bombed out with multiple teams and no one wants to give you a shot.

Yes, if you don't choose the never get fired option.

Are there camp holdouts due to contract disputes?

I'd like to add this.

Are there draft day trades?

Yes! Adds to the excitement.

Are there in game ejections?

No, but there could be at some point.

Are you able to resign from a job?

Why not? But if your under contract you won't be able to get hired by anyone else. There is a option called "Move Freely Between Teams" you can cset at the beginning of the game.

Can the cpu pick up someone from your practice squad and add to their active roster?

Yes

Will restricted free agents be in the game?

Too much detail. Those kinds of options make the game more of a job than a fantasy in my opinion. That's what happened to FM for me, anyway.

Will you be able to play a player who is "questionable" but risk him becoming re-injured at a higher rate?

That is already programed into the game.

Hope that is helpful. Please join our forum if you haven't already. We'd love to have you!

www.worldsendsoftware.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2014, 08:55 AM   #46
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by neef

Yes, if you don't choose the never get fired option.
Is it possible to get fired after one season?
Old 07-22-2014, 10:00 AM   #47
Rookie

neef's Arena

No. You gotta have at least a couple seasons, even if there are extreme cases in the NFL when that does happen. That's when game play trumps realism.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:10 PM   #48
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

How many seasons can you play

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »