Home

Front Page Sports Football Set to Arrive Just in Time For the Upcoming Season

This is a discussion on Front Page Sports Football Set to Arrive Just in Time For the Upcoming Season within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2014, 12:47 PM   #57
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Front Page Sports Football Set to Arrive Just in Time For the Upcoming Season

Devs to appear to be relatively responsive on the Steam community, answering the couple of questions that have popped up.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/316700/discussions/

Q: Hello to the team- will you be able to adjust/ set the view on the field like the original game? Also, for your team and players, will you be able to edit their names, etc?

A: Hi there,
At the moment, the 3D view will remain the top view you can see in the screenshots. You'll be able to play en replay some specifics moments of the game, and to switch at anytime you want to 2D view.
You'll be able to custom many things in your team as well as coach name, profile, jersey colors, team logo, etc.

---

He mentions a lot, but not players, hopefully that's just an accident or covered by 'many things in your team'
Old 09-26-2014, 08:06 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Front Page Sports Football Set to Arrive Just in Time For the Upcoming Season

I played the precursor to this, the now dead online version, as an early beta tester. I dont remember much of the details but I do remember the engine was very rudimentary. I dont know if it has developed much except for going 3D but the AI was pretty awful back then. Backs would follow the path in the play exactly regardless of what was in front of them for instance. It looks to me from the videos that all players use the same crappily animated model and are all the same height and weight. Throws also look like they have no arc, they just zip to the WR. This isnt really a problem though if just plays a good game of football in 2D view.

The really cool thing about the online version though was the fact that it was a connected world from HS to College to PRO. There was sillyness like a HS draft but all in all it was cool to be able to scout for the draft by watching players play in actual college games. It seems this will not be in the single player version as it is not mentioned in any description.

I also dont think it will be anything like FPSF when it comes to customization. There will probably not be a play editor (although if a community develops it is not impossible one could surface). I think from reading everything they have announced that it is unlikely we can run leagues of different sizes or schedules. We are probably stuck with a NFL-style 32 team 16 week league (as far as i remember there were no byes in the online).

I am afraid we are all expecting to much of this game. Having said that I liked what they did with Blood Bowl and their cycling manager games have been successfull even if I never played them so I dont have an opinion on them. They were responsible for making a embarrasing mess of the GoT franchise...
Old 10-02-2014, 12:01 PM   #59
Rookie

engrishbwudd's Arena

OVR: 0

Comes out in an hour. Hm, still don't know a ton about it but I'm excited to have another textbased football game out there. I don't expect it to top Front Office Sports Seven, but I guess we'll see.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:05 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0

My expectations weren't high but this game is an alpha version being marketed as a full version.

The potential is there but they should have spent another year developing it.
I expected the game to lack features but the basic fundamentals of the game are poor at this point.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:17 PM   #61
Rookie

DaiYoung's Arena

OVR: 5

LOL at the first two reviews on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/316700/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2014, 04:33 PM   #62
Pro

OVR: 8

Damn. I'd been waiting for this to cme out. Now I'm just disappointed.

Oh well. Might just have to give front office football a go, and continue waiting for beyond the sideline from the OOTP guys.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:30 PM   #63
Pro

kcsam's Arena

Too bad. From what I've read it sounds like it's not worth the money or time. Guess I'll have to hold out hope something comes along besides Madden where I can play as a coach.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:59 AM   #64
Rookie

lowenstaat's Arena

Too bad. Having played the Front Page Sports Football games in the 1990's, I've had this on my Steam wish list for some time. But from the user reviews it looks like this new version is incomplete.
One reviewer commented, "It seems like a soccer fan's version of a football sim." Another added, "Not as good as FPS 98 at all." Finally, several Steam reviews listed rule inaccuracies, lack of customization, problems with play calling, and graphic glitches like, "My cornerback is setup backwards pointing his butt towards the receiver before the snap."
I'm taking the game off of my Steam wish list, going back to my NFL Head Coach (2006 and 2009) games, and hoping that Out of the Park Developments delivers a polished product when they publish Beyond the Sideline Football sometime in 2015.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »