Home

Joe Montana Football 16: A Mysterious Game Remains Under Wraps

This is a discussion on Joe Montana Football 16: A Mysterious Game Remains Under Wraps within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 02:13 PM   #273
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Joe Montana Football 16: A Mysterious Game Remains Under Wraps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Well put! I'm starting....just starting...to have doubts myself.
And forgive me, I'm usually like with it, but since January I've been out of it just had another kid,etc. so I catch up to all this now, I obviously made my post, then hit Google/twitter to see what else I can find out about these rumors and I find this:

https://twitter.com/damongrow/status/565300272428494849

AParently this guy is a developer on the game, and quite frankly he is going out of his way to perpetuate the idea that he's creating a game to rival madden. He drops hints that franchise mode is the soul of the game, etc.

I don't know what to make. The one guys post on OS is most likely not legit, but the devs Twitter feed makes me think these rumors are more reasonable than last years rumors.

Who knows,
Old 03-05-2015, 02:20 PM   #274
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster
And forgive me, I'm usually like with it, but since January I've been out of it just had another kid,etc. so I catch up to all this now, I obviously made my post, then hit Google/twitter to see what else I can find out about these rumors and I find this:

AParently this guy is a developer on the game, and quite frankly he is going out of his way to perpetuate the idea that he's creating a game to rival madden. He drops hints that franchise mode is the soul of the game, etc.

I don't know what to make. The one guys post on OS is most likely not legit, but the devs Twitter feed makes me think these rumors are more reasonable than last years rumors.

Who knows,

the game is being made, only thing we dont know for sure is, what its being made for .That dev has always done mobile games, but maybe this is his jump to console games ( we all hope) , we just have to wait n see ...but the game is coming

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 03-05-2015, 02:27 PM   #275
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
So let me get this straight, a game called joe Montana football is coming out this summer, it's better than madden in every way possible, and will make madden look like a ps1 game, but instead of announcing it, the dev team makes job postings and random screens to send a secret message to the general public with the hope that someone cracks the code to this magical greatest NFL game ever created. Microsoft and 2k collaborated on the game which by the way is releasing in less than 4 months, and someone who "needs to do the gamers a favor" tells us this almost as if he is Robin Hood because the developers themselves want no part in actually letting us know a game, which mind you, most ppl would be interested in, is coming out in 4 months.

Sounds legit...

Then.....then....the same knucklehead that told us he had inside info last year that 2k was making a game to be shown at e3, makes a YouTube video of this guys post who just registered in March 2015. Wow, how convenient.
Meh. I didnt get caught up in the hype that was in the post. The fact that the poster claims this game will blow away Madden doesnt matter to me. People said the same thing about Backbreaker.

Look, I'm not even saying this game is going to be good. I'm just saying that it looks like it exists and may have an NFL license. Take RBI Baseball for example.

That game was released on console and mobile and was announced one month before release. No one knew about the game before February 2014 and the publisher didnt announce it until February. Now RBI Baseball is trash compared to the Show but it is an alternative.

If anything the post here doesnt matter. The Pastapadre post does though. It shows:

- Grow has some connection to 2k whether its using their assets or just being enough of a fan of 2k games that he is modeling JM16 after it.

- Joe Hartford has made two post referencing an NFL game they are working on and sharing artwork. Joe Hartford worked with Microsoft Studios on Ryse.

- The job posting with a picture of Reliant Stadium that isnt from any version of Madden or 2k.

- Confirmation from Damon that the game is on PC and not PC only.

Again, I'm not saying the game is going to be good. I'm not saying that it will even come out in July. But I think we can all assume that the game exists and enough evidence is piling up to show it may be an NFL licensed game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2015, 02:27 PM   #276
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

Who knows,
Haha! You've got a bit to catch up with. Basically, whether it's NFL or not... XBOX One or not... There's a fully featured football game being made by a team in San Francisco and the UK with Joe Montana's help and namesake that apparently has a good amount of funding.

There is a football game coming, and that's something that folks cannot dispute. All the rumors are starting to make sense now, and thus people are trying to fit the puzzle pieces together. Some fit real good. Others don't.

Either way, this is a fun thing to try to figure out, and if you believe and it doesn't end up being what you expected, it's not going to do any real damage to anyone. You'll be sore for a day or so and then move on.

It doesn't hurt anyone physically or emotionally to believe in some of these theories. And if you don't believe in any of them, then you should probably just move on. This is a thread that's tucked away in the "other football games" forum. It's not like it's in the Madden forums. You have to seek this thread out, so people who are sore about this have no one to blame but themselves for seeking this out and reading it. There are definitely different people posting in this thread than there were before. If you believe the post from MisterFootballSF is just a troll post, then move on and treat it like a troll post should be treated.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:15 PM   #277
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm pretty sure the company developing this is called Spartacus Games (spartacusgames.com).

This also popped up: http://smsports.net/
Old 03-05-2015, 03:17 PM   #278
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietdoubledew
I'm pretty sure the company developing this is called Spartacus Games (spartacusgames.com).

How'd you figure this out?
Old 03-05-2015, 03:19 PM   #279
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
How'd you figure this out?
I did a whois on joemontanafootball.com and found his email on that, so I went on whoisology.com and did a reverse whois search on his email which is shown as registering all 3 doamins (joemontanafootball, spartacusgames and smsports.net) in a 4 month period last year.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:24 PM   #280
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietdoubledew

Nah, I don't think the second link is true.

The smsports link was supposed to be for the previous fantasy football app that was under construction, but now has been scrapped.

https://angel.co/social-mobile-sports
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »