Home

New JMF16 Pic from Grow

This is a discussion on New JMF16 Pic from Grow within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 09:48 AM   #65
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: New JMF16 Pic from Grow

I guess there was no thread open when he tweeted, but Montana was visiting the MS campus the day before tweets by Major Nelson indicating they were in E3 prep meetings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2015, 11:08 AM   #66
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2

Read how history could be repeating itself. Particularly how in the 16-bit era Sega was known as the sports game platform of choice vs. the SNES and how it expanded the market and helped the Genesis be so successful. Madden vs. Montana all over again. http://www.denofgeek.us/games/madden...aming-gridiron

Last edited by tsbmolina; 04-19-2015 at 11:16 AM.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:08 AM   #67
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Maybe it's just indication of a super customizable game. Communities will have a toolbox to create assets simulating the NFL, NCAA, high school, or miscellaneous fantasy leagues? This is one of the base high school/college player models
Maybe a road to the Show style mode? Start out as a high school player, get recruited to college and then to the NFL draft. Would be a cool story mode, even though I don't think my player works well in football unless you are a qb or hb. Then again, I've never tried it with an oculus either. Interesting theory at least.

"The post" mentions a deep my player mode. I've never bought into its credibility, but with it looking more like a pc/xbox game everyday it might have a nugget or two that it got right.
Old 04-19-2015, 02:23 PM   #68
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

OVR: 0

In regards to his age:

I think he looks like he is about 22 so a rookie in our familiar NFL.

Maybe in the "Deep story mode" he is the main character like "franchise" in Blitz the league 2.

More likely though, its just some random player model
Old 04-19-2015, 03:46 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I never heard June as a potential release date,late July has been mentioned but nothing from anyone that probably knows anything yet.It may be a couple more months until we know things like that or confirmed platforms.It wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't released until late in the year.As far as platforms,I wouldn't be too hopeful if I was banking on PS4.
Yeah, I should apologize. I think that date was mentioned in the "post" from an unconfirmed source.
Old 04-19-2015, 04:19 PM   #70
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4

Unreal engine 4 seems to be impressive as far as graphics are concerned. The hair could use some work and I'm also curious how the facial hair will look. Regardless I'm not to concerned about the face as much as I am about the player model itself. Just a little off topic but would it be a buzz kill if montana was just meeting with Microsoft to finalize paper work to allow his game to sell on the xbox. What if Microsoft has absolutely nothing to do with funding this game and that joe montana doesn't have the extra resources to release this game on both consoles?

Last edited by PRAY IV M3RCY; 04-19-2015 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-19-2015, 04:39 PM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY IV M3RCY
Unreal engine 4 seems to be impressive as far as graphics are concerned. The hair could use some work and I'm also curious how the facial hair will look.
thats an underlayer thats whats on a character model before the real hair is added it fills in any gaps that are left
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2015, 05:07 PM   #72
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY IV M3RCY
Just a little off topic but would it be a buzz kill if montana was just meeting with Microsoft to finalize paper work to allow his game to sell on the xbox. What if Microsoft has absolutely nothing to do with funding this game and that joe montana doesn't have the extra resources to release this game on both consoles?

Frankly, it would be an odd choice to go with the Xbone over the PS4, even for a mostly North American sport like football. The PS4 has a sales lead in NA, so why not support the biggest market first? Of course, I already have a PS4, so I'm not being totally objective here.

I want to get an Xbone at some point this generation, and if Joe Montana football is at least a decent game (like 7.5+ on a 10 scale) I will be happy to buy one this year.

It would be nice to know if I need to start convincing the wife right now though. Help us out here Mr. Grow.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »