Home

(PC) SIM Football THE VIDEO GAME (Development Stages)

This is a discussion on (PC) SIM Football THE VIDEO GAME (Development Stages) within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2015, 11:00 PM   #1
Rookie

Dynasty League's Arena

OVR: 0
(PC) SIM Football THE VIDEO GAME (Development Stages)

I am in the development stages of creating my own video game. I want it to be unique.

Gameplay: My idea is simple, I want the controls to be the Counter Strike of football games. A completely new way to throw the ball in videos game. Take a look at the read and lead,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eALSNYDha4U

Instead, you have a mouse and you can throw it to any area at anytime. No Letters for receivers, you aim you fire. No more, WHYD HE THROW IT THERE? Instead you have all the control. LEFT CLICK MISSLES THE BALL (RED), RIGHT CLICK LOBS (BLUE). And with the quickness of moving with a mouse, you can go sideline to sideline aiming in no time. (THE FAIL OF MADDEN VISION)

Imagine, over or under throwing balls based off your skills. BACK SHOULDER THROWS. Time it wrong or throw it too close to CB and it could be picked. I believe if I can pull this off right, youll never want to pass in Madden again.

Teams: Full customize teams. You can edit uniforms, names, logos, numbers, skin. The game will be all online, no offline modes. You select your team you created. All players are generic in stats with the customization you created. Then at game selection you choose 11 stars. 2 gold, 3 silver, 6 bronze, and there stats will change based on what you select. Wonder how I got that bases?

Input: Now tell me what you think. Again to me, the passing mechanics of this game will be revolutionary. Thats my goal and focus. What would you like to see added? I am more focused on gameplay then any other feature.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2015, 11:37 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: (PC) SIM Football THE VIDEO GAME (Development Stages)

Foremost, good luck to you!

A few questions:

- I'm assuming this is unlicensed?
- What are you using to build the game? Unity? Unreal? Something else?
- What are your target platforms (it sounds like PC at least, anything beyond that?)?
- How many people are on your team making this game? Is there a company behind this or simply a group of motivated individuals?
- Any release time frame in mind yet?
- What's the scope of your game? Are things like season / franchise / ultimate team equivalent on the table?
- How long have you been programming and/or designing games? Have you written any games previously, or is this your first foray into game development?
- Is this game a full-time pursuit for you? If so, how are you funding this game's development (personal funds? investment? Kickstarter?)?

Again, good luck to you! I'm interested in learning more about your project.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:04 AM   #3
Rookie

ChirpyMango01's Arena

Quick question: How will the accuracy of different QBs affect passing if you, the player, control where and how he throws it?
Boston Celtics
Old 04-22-2015, 11:23 AM   #4
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I'm all for a throw anywhere system ie Fevers Read and Lead system. Bests system ever IMO that just needed a few tweaks.

AS far as different QB's ratings playing a factor:
QB's with high accuracy would be pretty much right on the spot you pick.
As you go down the pass can be a +- yards away from intended target area.
Experience could affect the speed of cursor maybe plus seeing the whole field vs a "seen area" around the cursor..
The more experience the less you have to move throw cursor to see that area.

Just some thoughts.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 04-22-2015, 12:19 PM   #5
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjspeaks
No platform info? No date? No details? I suggest closing this thread immediately.
The trolling is something you should not type at all knowing you can't just hide it.

Fyi that's a definite strike for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2015, 12:47 PM   #6
Rookie

Dynasty League's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Foremost, good luck to you!

A few questions:

- I'm assuming this is unlicensed?
- What are you using to build the game? Unity? Unreal? Something else?
- What are your target platforms (it sounds like PC at least, anything beyond that?)?
- How many people are on your team making this game? Is there a company behind this or simply a group of motivated individuals?
- Any release time frame in mind yet?
- What's the scope of your game? Are things like season / franchise / ultimate team equivalent on the table?
- How long have you been programming and/or designing games? Have you written any games previously, or is this your first foray into game development?
- Is this game a full-time pursuit for you? If so, how are you funding this game's development (personal funds? investment? Kickstarter?)?

Again, good luck to you! I'm interested in learning more about your project.
Thanks for the support and all the intriguing questions. The game is backed by virtualcoachfootball.com and vigilsoft.net ... over 15 years of experience in making games. Nothing close to this! VC already has a 3D software for play making for coaches. We will simply add AI and gameplay to the already ready simulation. We are using Unity and Blitzbasic, though we are in the discussion to convert to Unreal. It will only be for PC as seen in the title TJSPEAKS.

VC will be finishing its 3D coaching software by this weekend. We will then start coding gameplay & AI in our system for our actual video game starting in May. Thats my reason for coming here. Want to gather any and all of the ideas before we start working. I think we could possibly have a beta by Nov-Dec.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:04 PM   #7
Rookie

Dynasty League's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChirpyMango01
Quick question: How will the accuracy of different QBs affect passing if you, the player, control where and how he throws it?
See, you still thinking about it like madden with accuracy ratings. Instead, think of it like a 3RD person shooter. You aim you fire exactly where your mouse is. There is no accuracy rating, you are the accuracy rating. What will change with different tiers of QBs is the SPEED of the throw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I'm all for a throw anywhere system ie Fevers Read and Lead system. Bests system ever IMO that just needed a few tweaks.

AS far as different QB's ratings playing a factor:
QB's with high accuracy would be pretty much right on the spot you pick.
As you go down the pass can be a +- yards away from intended target area.
Experience could affect the speed of cursor maybe plus seeing the whole field vs a "seen area" around the cursor..
The more experience the less you have to move throw cursor to see that area.

Just some thoughts.
I get what your saying, but it wont be like madden vision. You can see the whole field. You just have to aim at the right spot at the right time.

I think all football games have never produced a real sim throwing game. Because of the easy press button pass mechanics, under and over throwing has never been accurately simulated. This has the chance to change that in the football gaming experience.

One thing that has bothered me in football games is that stats always evened out because of all the dropped INTs. The dropped INT rate is unrealistic not sim, you throw it to a defender in SIM football and there is a great chance its getting INT, BUT its all in YOUR AIM.

But one idea I have that I am not sure of yet, all thoughts appreciated. Again, reminding everyone the passing will be like a shooter. For lower tier generic QBs, should there be "recoil" where the ball is not always exactly thrown where you fire. But higher level QBs have zero "recoil"

Last edited by Dynasty League; 04-22-2015 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:36 PM   #8
MVP

lol im working on one to im using the cryengine......i will keep my eye on this

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »