Home

Canadian Football 2017 Scheduled to Arrive July 25 - Quick Play Only, No CFL License

This is a discussion on Canadian Football 2017 Scheduled to Arrive July 25 - Quick Play Only, No CFL License within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2017, 05:21 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 19
any news of a football game in development or about to release is encouraging. It May give the developers with already a solid base (2k-APF2k8) the courage to maybe just maybe give a football title another go.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:16 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'll give it go. If they've nailed the gameplay the graphics will only get better with time with any luck.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:44 PM   #19
Pro

herropreese's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Canadian Football 2017 Scheduled to Arrive in June - Quick Play Only, No CFL Lice

As with any developer that releases a playable football game on PC and consoles, I'll fork out the money.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:13 PM   #20
Banned

ejf0255's Arena

Re: Canadian Football 2017 Scheduled to Arrive in June - Quick Play Only, No CFL Lice

Lets see it. Seems too easy. Lets get another HOCKEY game going you canucks!! LoL

Sent from my LG-H830 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-27-2017, 01:17 AM   #21
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23
They should have delayed the game and offered more modes. Offering only play now makes this a sure flop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2017, 05:44 PM   #22
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Is there even online head-to-head at launch, or is the sole game mode available offline quick-play?

Unlicensed football games have an up-hill battle to get traction as-is, but this game is dead in the water if it releases with only local multiplayer and no long-term game modes, especially as a console-bound sports game where online multiplayer is basically a requirement for entry, and especially at a $15 price point. With the idea that features like season/franchise/whatever will be added "later", the game basically wants to be an early access game without calling itself an early access game, and I don't think that bodes well for its commercial viability.

On top of that, I don't see what this game is doing to differentiate itself from other football games to justify the steep price point for a single gameplay mode, beyond using the Canadian rule set which let's be honest doesn't change the experience that much. For example, Axis Football has a unique passing control mechanic using the mouse; no other football game does that, you can only get that control scheme in Axis Football. What does Canadian Football 2017 do that other football games cannot do, what experience can I draw from this game that I cannot get anywhere else?
Old 03-29-2017, 11:09 PM   #23
Rookie

What kind of game modes will you feature?

"When making Canadian Football 2017 we really tried to stick to the KISS principle (Keep it simple, stupid). That’s why we’ll only be offering a quick play mode; you just pick two teams and play. It’s basic but if we had added other features like career mode, etc., we’d have needed much more development time. In the end we decided to spend our time on the core experience rather than trying to add a bunch of modes or trading card features. Perhaps in future versions we can add those options in."
This is the same thing 2K said when they released APF 08 and we see how far that got. This is simply people making the same mistake twice. Even if they snatched up the system from 2k5 and attempted some sort of career made. Maybe something like Blitz "the League". This article took me from excitement to disappointment faster than premature e-jak. $9.99 tops!
Old 03-30-2017, 01:33 AM   #24
Rookie

PaleVermilion's Arena

OVR: 3

Here's a video of play from February:
https://twitter.com/CanuckGS/status/832630298986823680

With the game scheduled to be released in June, not much is going to change. It flat out looks horrible (and sounds horrible).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »