Home

Gridiron Champions Has a Release Date, College Football Returns in 2020

This is a discussion on Gridiron Champions Has a Release Date, College Football Returns in 2020 within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2018, 09:27 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Gridiron Champions Has a Release Date, College Football Returns in 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It debunks the theory regarding 2k, which is what I was responding to. All I am saying on that is people can't go around claiming 2k get's away with it, so, anyone else can.

Plus, we don't know if the NCAA has their eyes on Axis or not now or in the future.
2K used those licensed schools as part of their in box game, with their career mode. They aren't user created teams. They're directly profiting off of their inclusion, and representing them with the actual likeness of the institution. That's not the same thing.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:53 AM   #10
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyod21
2K used those licensed schools as part of their in box game, with their career mode. They aren't user created teams. They're directly profiting off of their inclusion, and representing them with the actual likeness of the institution. That's not the same thing.
That is a good point, too, all I was responding to was that 2k has college teams in their game and they paid for it.

I can't wait to see how this all plays out.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:09 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3
I too "Invested" early on and will be receiving a copy..I would like to be able to see these community mods be able to work in the real school names if not logos as well... For me, there is no better immersion into a dynasty in NCAA than being as true to life with every aspect from the stadiums, to conferences, and styles of play for individual teams... This being said, looks like my 360 will continue to get a workout until 2020.
Hoping for great things...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2018, 10:21 AM   #12
Rookie

michdb8's Arena

OVR: 0
the great news is that I gonna be on pc so we gonna probably get tons of mods for the game to make the game with official NCAA even maybe the official stadiums as happened*with old*FIFA* and pes
Old 04-25-2018, 10:33 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 13

I don't believe there would be complications (other than cost) with licensing the actual colleges/logos. That should be easy. It is the players that cannot be legally used (or licensed for use) at this point. And, for me, that's fine. I'd be playing dynasty, so there would be fictional players taking over my universe in a couple seasons anyway.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:44 PM   #14
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

I know some folks are very skeptical of this game, and with very good reasons. I "invested" in the game only for the shot at a college game. Am I expecting greatness with their first effort? No. Could I end up being pleasantly surprised? Of course.

But my reason for support was more about helping a vision and the hope of a college football game of some form. I started playing in the Bill Walsh days. Having a license is great but isn't as important to me. While I love the idea of the customization they are promising, I also won't have a problem playing the game with 100 percent fictional teams.

It stands within reason that this game will be noticed by the "big boys" of EA, 2K, etc. If they pull it off and have even moderate success, it could get things moving back in the right direction. Who knows? I always thought a generic "College Football USA" mode could work. And that's why I supported them.

I do understand anyone who didn't. And I honestly can't blame them. The support was on a chance that was indeed a long shot. But for now at least it looks as if we might get a college football game, even a generic one. And maybe after that a college basketball game.

To me it was important to support this startup because it could lead to things the big boys would never consider or dropped very quickly in the past. Maybe we'll see college baseball return. Maybe they'll be successful enough to go that route. Maybe the longtime dream I've had of a high school football game could become a reality. Maybe a fantasy pro game. (Non-NFL, NBA, MLB) Who knows what a successful launch for this title could mean.

I know sports gaming use to be huge with several different titles dedicated to the same league no less. I miss those days. I don't think we'll ever get back to them. But if my giving a little bit to a couple of guys to help move the needle leads to just a fun college football game, I'll be happy with my "investment."

Last edited by thescoop; 04-25-2018 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:52 PM   #15
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

And you should be, Scoop.

I don't know anyone who wouldn't stand behind your own personal investment.

I wish these guys well and would like to see what's in store from here on out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2018, 03:31 PM   #16
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
And you should be, Scoop.

I don't know anyone who wouldn't stand behind your own personal investment.

I wish these guys well and would like to see what's in store from here on out.
Thanks, Roadman. Us Packer Fans usually stick together!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »