Home

Plotty's Aspirations of a Arm-Chair Golfer

This is a discussion on Plotty's Aspirations of a Arm-Chair Golfer within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2009, 12:00 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Sun City Invitational

Platzek Finds Himself in Coast to Coast Final

Mathias Platzek has played golf for about three-fourths of one year.

Now he finds himself one-fourth of a tournament away from winning an amateur major.

Platzek was in solid form yesterday, shredding #2 seed Dan Severin en-route to a 4 and 3 win over the man dubbed "The Beast".

The road for Platzek to the final, let alone the semi-final was anything but easy. He struggled in his first round win over Carlos Carpenter, a golfer who he hammered in the first round of the Highlands Challenge.

I was down two to Carpenter with six holes to play, Platzek said, then something clicked and I caught fire.

The same thing could be said for Platzek's quarterfinal match against hard-hitting Mark Eichenberg. But Platzek played steady golf in the match, winning 2 up.

I played clean golf against Eichenberg. Hit fairways, made key shots from the rough and bunker. And again my putter saved my bacon a couple times.

Then came the semi-final against Severin.

I hit a couple bad shots, Platzek said, but I made a lot of good ones and actually made some putts.

He will have to do that and then some to knock off the sweetheart of the tournament, Kyle "Fudge" Rounder. Rounds, a #12 seed, went 19 holes but finally defeated Makizori Moto 1 up.

It should be a fun final round. I've looked forward to the opportunity, now I just have to play my game and seize it, Platzek said.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:49 AM   #34
Rookie

Platzek Claims Coast to Coast Title

All Smiles: Mathias Platzek reacts to the winning putt on the 18th Hole.

The "noob" finally made it big.

Mathias Platzek, who hadn't picked up a golf club until 8 months ago, delivered a real stunner, winning the Coast to Coast Match Play Championship at Pebble Beach 2-up over Kyle Rounder.

Platzek fell behind 1 down after the first hole. An errant second shot left Platzek in the rough, and Rounder knocking in a 15-foot putt for birdie.

After that, Platzek found that magic that led to his semi-final destruction of Dan Severin.

By the fourth hole, Platzek was already 1-up, making a dandy 25-footer from the fringe of the green for birdie.

By hole number eight, the lead had swelled to 3-up after Rounder knocked his tee shot out of bounds. Platzek kept composed, and nailed a 10-footer to preserve par.

Rounder cut the lead down to 1-up by the 15th hole, by striking a 50 foot putt for birdie, but that would be as close as he would get.

Platzek sealed the deal with a tap-in for par on the 18th hole after Rounder shanked his drive into the deep rough that curtailed the Pacific Ocean on the left side of the fairway.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:02 AM   #35
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Plotty's Aspirations of a Arm-Chair Golfer

Congrats!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2009, 07:15 PM   #36
Rookie

kzoz21's Arena

OVR: 12

nice
Old 07-09-2009, 02:01 PM   #37
Rookie

TDouglas23's Arena

for some strange reason i have actually enjoyed reading this

nice.
MLB - Tampa Bay
NFL - New Orleans
NCAA - Florida State
Old 07-09-2009, 09:55 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzoz21
nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhurst99
Congrats!
Thanks dudes! Having gone from shooting 80+ to winning a tournament, you guys have no idea how I felt when I sunk the putt on 18 to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDouglas23
for some strange reason i have actually enjoyed reading this

nice.
It has to be the amount of swear words....that are ****ing bleeped out. Thanks for reading and chiming in.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:33 PM   #39
Rookie

Coast to Coast Match Play Championship

August 23, 2009 – 4:45 pm

Mathias had finally achieved what he thought was impossible, for his first season on the PGA Tour: he had won an actual tournament!

Yes! Yes! Woooooooo! exclaimed Mathias as he hoisted the Coast to Coast championship trophy over his head. Nearby in the background, Bryan and his fiance clapped and cheered in exultation.

Mathias shook hands with all the tournament directors and accepted the winning check of $3,000. The directors and the crowd then pleaded for Mathias to say a few words.

I graciously accept this check and trophy. This goes to show that you never doubt the heart of a warrior. I worked hard to get to this point. For those that thought I wasn't good enough, that I wasn't meant to be a golfer, this trophy is for you. This is a symbol of how I have proven everyone wrong. Now I hope no one ever counts me out of a tournament ever again.

And with these words, Scott Van Pelt stood by Mathias on the victory podium. Van Pelt said, I was one of these people. I did not think Mathias had the game to win on the PGA Tour. These past four days, he has proven everyone wrong, and that he can actually do the job and win. And for this, I owe a sincere apology. I shall never doubt your playing skill ever again.

Smart choice, Mathias replied, because otherwise I'd have to beat your *** again. It was fun the first time around, it'd be even better the second time.

You forget something, however, Van Pelt said, You dare even touch me, your PGA Tour career is over. Done. Kaput.

Yeah, right, whatever. Mathias walked away with Bryan and Jess to avoid further altercation with Van Pelt.

Now it's on to Oakmont, for a shot at winning two tournaments in a row. Oakmont sets itself up just like Pebble Beach, with winding fairwarys and large greens. I can win two in a row!

And the beat goes on....

Coast to Coast Match Play Championship – August 20-23, 2009
Hole123456789OUT101112131415161718INTotal
Length376502374327187500106416462325043037320139357239640117854334876737
Par454435344364434544353672
Rd 1 v. Carpenter1D1DE1DE1UE1UE 1D2D1DE1U1U1U1U1UW 1U
Rd 2 v. EichenbergEEE1U1U1U1UEE 1U1U1U1U2U1UE1U2UW 2U
Rd 3 v. SeverinE1UE1U2U3U2U1U1U 2U1U2U2U3U4U------W 4&3
Rd 4 v. Rounder1D1DE1U1U1U2U3U2U 2U3U3U2U2U2U1U1U2UW 2U
Old 07-22-2009, 09:21 AM   #40
Rookie

Full Moon Invitational at Oakmont CC

Full Moon Invitational at Oakmont CC

September 20, 2009 - 7:30 pm

Mathias sat in the dark locker room at Oakmont Country Club. His face looked tired, a man defeated after a battle. He stared into space, as if nothing existed or fazed him. Bryan walked in the locker room, with the same subdued kicked-in-the-scrotum feeling.

We've got to get going, Bryan said, or my wife will be pissed at me.

Mathias sat in the chair, motionless and unknowing that Bryan attempted to talk.

Dude, are you okay?

How is this game so damn unkind? I play two decent rounds to work into contention, then blow it up today in front of the world. I need to stick my head in the sand.

Don't forget you put yourself in a hole with the 78 in the first round when the field shot 66.

Yeah, that doesn't help much, either. I have some resiliency in my, I bounced back with 70-72 to be in the thick of it. But that final round I was right there. Even with my inaccuracies with the driver and craptastic putting, I was there. If I can find a means to put it all together, I could be on the PGA Tour.

Yeah, well....for you to meet PGA Tour qualifications, you need to win four tournaments and have a score under 70. The score definitely is not there, but you can win three more tournaments to be in position. Then there's this grueling meet known as Q-School.

Q-School? For queers?

No, you have to place in the Top 30 to qualify for the tour. That is IF you win the four tournaments and have an average score under 70. Shooting 78 and 77 is not going to get the job done. All you can do is suck it up, and go after it at Torrey Pines, East Lake and Pinehurst. And if it doesn't happen this year, you have 2010. Remember, at least you have the house and a roof over your head. Now its another step you have to take.

True that, man. I'm so glad I hired you. All Johnson would had done is chastised my game. He broke me down in more ways than one. Anyways, let's get out of here.

As Mathias rose from the chair, Tiger Woods appeared in the walkway. Tough weekend for you?

Yeah, this game can be a bit mean to you, especially if you hit drivers that don't go where you want them to.

Say, I came down here with a proposition. First of all, great job last tournament with the match play championship. That was awesome, from your overall play to just how internally tough you were when you fell behind. I look for things like that when I'm scouting up-and-coming golfers to carry the TW logo, which is my personal line of clothing and golf accessories. And I feel that I've found an up-and-comer. My question is...would you like to be sponsored by my....

Interrupting Tiger in mid-sentence, Mathias replied, sure, what the hell. Wearing the Nike brand earned my first ever win, maybe I can get 2,3 and 4.

Congratulations. And welcome to a prestigious group of golfers. Good luck the rest of the season, and I look forward to seeing you on the tour soon. Tiger shook Mathias' hand, and walked away into the darkness.

Did that just happen, or did that just happen? Bryan asked, Tiger Woods wants you to wear his stuff? Holy cow woo-wee!

I just hope it leads to more wins down the road. Mathias and Bryan walked out of Oakmont, and onto the next destination.

Full Moon Tournament – September 17-20, 2009
Hole123456789OUT101112131415161718INTotal
Length482340428609382194479288477367946237966718335849923131348435767255
Par444543434354453443443570
Rd 1554744544424554332553678
Rd 2444442345344553433453670
Rd 3446542444374343443463572
Rd 4446443435375463643443976

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »