Home

Not Just a Club for Gymnastics: A VfL Wolfsburg CM FIFA 14

This is a discussion on Not Just a Club for Gymnastics: A VfL Wolfsburg CM FIFA 14 within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2014, 07:42 PM   #9
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Not Just a Club for Gymnastics: A VfL Wolfsburg CM FIFA 14

Keep, I see no reason to discard.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:57 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJones113
Keep, I see no reason to discard.
Thanks, for the input. To me, it seems that people seem to hate Wolfsburg way more than they're hating on Chivas =))
Old 05-19-2014, 08:03 AM   #11
Rookie

OliFisher96's Arena

OVR: 0

Please don't scrap it! I love the story line, makes for a more dynamic career. Really enjoying it and keep it up!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2014, 05:15 PM   #12
Rookie

Jonathan dos Santos signs for VfL Wolfsburg

Jonathan dos Santos is the first signing for new boss, Clarence Porter

July 18, 2013

Wolfsburg, Germany -
Wolfsburg has secured the services of want-away midfielder Jonathan dos Santos. Dos Santos, 23, is a Mexican-international that once featured for Catalan giants, FC Barcelona with his brother, Giovanni dos Santos. The brothers found it difficult to get any time on the pitch and eventually forced moves away from Catalonia, to different European teams.

"I'm glad to have finally been able to get a transfer," says dos Santos during a press conference shortly after the deal was agreed on "Wolfsburg are competing in the Europa, and there is no better way to start off my renewed career than that."

"We've desperately needed new talent, and I think we found a diamond in the rough." Porter states about his new signing

Wolfsburg are reported to have paid
€2,000,000 for the Mexican midfielder's services. Jonathan is to wear the no.13 for the club.

Last edited by pickingupcrumbs; 05-20-2014 at 11:49 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:16 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliFisher96
Please don't scrap it! I love the story line, makes for a more dynamic career. Really enjoying it and keep it up!
Thanks! I really appreciate it, I will try to keep the quality of this series at a high level. Summer's coming up and that frees me up with some time, but still not a lot.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:33 PM   #14
Rookie

Swiss Defender Fabian Schar completes move to Wolfsburg

The Basel defender has impressed many last season with his Champions League performances against Chelsea FC

July 24, 2013

Wolfsburg, Germany-Swiss international Fabian Schar has completed his move to VfL Wolfsburg, following intense speculations on whether Arsenal or Chelsea will move in to secure the starlet's signature. Schar, 21, surprised many after he announced that his heart lies with German club, Wolfsburg.

"I feel that this is the next step to my game," Schar comments after being revealed to the public for the first time a Wolfsburg player "In here, I know that I have the full backing of the coaching staff and will be able to get loads of chances to impress before the World Cup."

"Schar is our defender for the future," Porter tells the media during the press conference "He, along with (Robin) Knoche, will be the future rocks of our defense. They've got good mentors in Naldo, Klose and Felipe."

Schar is expected to fight for a starting place in the first eleven this season. Wolfsburg are rumored to have paid FC Basel €6,000,000 to conduct negotiations with Schar.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:01 PM   #15
Rookie

First Match, First Win; Porter leads Wolfsburg to 3-0 victory over Granada CF

MOTM Ivan Perisic celebrates the first goal of the match with teammate, Ivica Olic

July 29, 2013

Wolfsburg, Germany -
The first test for new gaffer, Clarence Porter, is over as he leads his team to a convincing 3-0 win over Spanish side, Granada. Ivan Perisic was fantastic as he was directly involved in two of their three goals (1 goal, 1 assist).

"He's alright," says skipper Christian Trasch when asked for a comment about the new manager "I have faith that he's not going to let us down this season."

Star man Kevin De Bruyne also managed to get himself a goal in the second half from a beautiful free kick by Perisic. New Signing Jonathan dos Santos got himself on the scoreboard later with a simple finish that was provided by Ivica Olic.

It was a much needed win for Wolfsburg, a club that had been struggling only a month before after losing Dieter Hecking's guidance for the rest of the season. In front of a packed Volkswagen Stadium, the Wolves didn't disappoint.

"It was a good win," says Brazilian center back, Naldo after the game "The locker room atmosphere is a lot better, and we feel that this game is a must win. For Dieter (Hecking), of course."

The players and fans took to Twitter later with #GuteBesserungDieter:

Wolfsburg will travel to Italy to face Italian club, Cagliari Calcio, for their next friendly.

FINAL SCOREBOARD:
Jul 29, 2013 - VfL Wolsburg vs Granada CF
TEAM12SCORE
VfL Wolsburg (0-0)123
Granada CF (0-0)000

Goals:
6' - Perisic
72' - De Bruyne (Perisic)
83' - dos Santos (Olic)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2014, 06:57 PM   #16
Rookie

Weekly Transfer Deals and Rumors

Completed Deals:
Tottenham sells Aaron Lennon to Fulham for €6.5 Million

Aaron Lennon has been dealt to Fulham for a fee of €6,500,000. Lennon has been constantly frustrated by his lack of chances in Tottenham due to the good form shown by his other counterparts. Lennon looks to make the most of his chances if he ever wants to get on that plane that leaves for Brazil this summer.

Juventus Buys Keeper for the Future:Igor Akinfeev

Despite the amazing form that Gianluigi Buffon has shown Juventus for the Turin club, he isn't getting any younger at 36 and should be looking to retire in at least a couple seasons. Enter Russian keeper, Igor Akinfeev. Akinfeev has shown amazing ability between the posts during his time at CSKA Moscow, and he'll be looking to replicate that in his new club at Juventus. The Turin side is reported to have payed €9,500,000 to get the Russian international's signature.

Transfer Rumors:
VfL Wolfsburg looking at Brazlian full back, Mario Fernandes

With a solid team in place for the new season, new manager Clarence Porter is looking to bolster his respectable defense with one more star for the future, Mario Fernandes. Wolfsburg has been busy signing young talent, filled with potential this transfer window. They've signed Jonathan dos Santos and Fabian Schar, who are respectively aged 23 and 21. Fernandes is expected to challenge gaffer Christian Trasch for the right back position, but Trasch has been impressive so far and is looking to book a ticket to Brazil.

Wolfsburg planning to sell Ivica Olic

Ivica Olic is considered the first choice striker for Wolfsburg. He has provided them with 14 goals in the league last season, but he is also old at 33 years of age. The club is believed to want to start backup Bas Dost who has netted 4 league goals last season in 13 games, but more than half of the games he came on was as a substitue. There is however another rumor circulating that there could be a swap for Hannover 96 striker, Mame Diouf who has scored 8 league goals in 19 games.

Luis Suarez being targeted...by Bayern Munich?!

After coming off an impressive campaign, Luis Suarez is one of the most highly sought-after players in the planet. It has been rumored though that Bavarian giants, Bayern Munich put in a €44,000,000 bid for the Uruguayan international. But this move wouldn't make any sense as FC Bayern recently acquired Robert Lewandowski from rivals Borussia Dortmund. Could Pep be planning a deadly 4-4-2 formation with two of arguably the best strikers in the world, up top?

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »