Home

WCW Redux | A WWE 2K15 Universe

This is a discussion on WCW Redux | A WWE 2K15 Universe within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2015, 11:54 PM   #17
Rookie

Xixak's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: WCW Redux | A WWE 2K15 Universe

Monday Night Nitro - April - Week #2

Last week's episode of Nitro featured a series of #1 Contender Matches and qualifying matches that will come to a head tonight. Ultimo Dragon secured the #1 contendership for the cruiserweight title in a brutal 6-man ladder match. Jeff Jarrett, Chris Benoit and Roddy Piper won qualifying matches, and will face each other in a triple threat match to earn the #1 contender spot for DDP's United States Title. And of course, the winner from the Super Heavyweight Bracket, Big Show, will face the winner from the Heavyweight bracket, Goldberg in a match for the right to face Hollywood Hogan at Unforgiven for the Big Gold Belt.

There are a ton of other exciting matches planned for this Nitro, so don't change the channel! First up we have Sting vs. Randy Savage. While Sting wasn't able to earn a shot at Hogan, he'll be able to get his hands on another member of the nWo by taking on Savage tonight.

Match #1: Sting vs. Randy Savage - One on One
Sting took control from the beginning in this one, but Savage refused to go down easily, countering Sting's signature piledriver and even kicking out of the Scorpion Death Drop. Savage nearly caught Sting late in the contest with a School Boy Roll-U, but he would kick out at two. Sting would later hit Savage with a second Scorpion Death Drop to get the 1-2-3.
Winner: Sting by Pinfall
Spoiler

Match #2: Kevin Nash w/ Scott Hall vs. Scott Steiner w/ Rick Steiner - One on One
In this matchup of one half of the Tag Team Champions and one half of the #1 Contenders for the Tag Titles, the champs showed why they have the straps. Despite recurring interference in the matchup by Scott Hall, Rick was able to take care of Hall for long enough for Steiner to hit Kevin Nash with Steiner Screwdriver for the pinfall victory.
Winner: Scott Steiner by Pinfall
Spoiler

Match #3:Ric Flair vs. Ultimate Warrior - One on One
Warrior looked to get revenge on Flair for his pre-match attack that cost Warrior his chance at the #1 Contender spot for the World Heavyweight Title. He dominated the match early on, but Flair decided to put a stop to the beating before he could be pinned, blasting Warrior with a chair to end the match by DQ.
Winner: Ultimate Warrior by DQ
Spoiler

Match #4:Brian Pillman vs. Dean Malenko - TLC
These two failed to win the Cruiserweight Title #1 Contender Ladder Match, but tonight they get another chance to show what they can do in a ladder match in this TLC contest. Pillman's frenzied style was effective early on, and he was nearly able to win the match by securing the briefcase at the top of the ladder, however Malenko recovered and hit him with a devastating atomic drop which proved to be the turning point of the match. Malenko would later scale the ladder to secure the briefcase and win the matchup, earning himself a moral victory.
Winner: Dean Malenko by Ladder
Spoiler

Match #5:Chris Jericho & Chavo Guerrero w/ Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio & Ultimo Dragon - Tag Team
This was an excellent contest with four of the best cruiserweights in the company showcasing their skills. Rey looked to settle his score with Chavo Guerrero early on, getting the better of him before Jericho could be tagged in. Things were pretty even for most of the match, but Mysterio and Dragon were able to turn the despite numerous antics from Los Guerreros. Eventually Ultimo Dragon was able to roll up Jericho for the pin to win the match up. Can he do that again a week from Sunday at Unforgiven to win the Cruiserweight Championship?
Winners: Rey Mysterio Jr. and Ultimo Dragon by Pinfall
Spoiler

Match #6:Chris Benoit vs. Roddy Piper vs. Jeff Jarrett - Triple Threat US Title #1 Contender's Match
All three competitors gave it their all in this match, knowing a victory would mean a shot at DDP's United States Title. The action was fast-paced and evenly matched, with nobody really gaining the upperhand until all three competitors were very fatigued from a long matchup. At this point, Roddy Piper would be the first to strike, hitting Jeff Jarrett with a series of jabs followed by a roundhouse punch for what looked to be the end of the match. However, Benoit would come in out of nowhere, lock Piper into the Crossface and force him to submit to become the new #1 contender for the United States title. After the match, a bitter Piper walked backstage, but Jeff Jarrett stayed to congratulate Benoit on the victory.
Winner: Chris Benoit by Submission
Spoiler

Match #7:Big Show vs. Goldberg - One on One World Heavyweight Title #1 Contender's Match
Before this one could even get going, the World Heavyweight Champion, Hollywood Hogan came storming down the ramp and attacked Goldberg, smashing him headfirst into the steel steps before the bell rang. Hogan made it absolutely clear that he has no interest in defending his title against the undefeated Goldberg, and had now put that same man at a severe disadvantage in this #1 Contender's Match. Big Show would begin by systematically dismantling Goldberg, seeming very confident of an easy victory. Show's refusal to just put an end to the matchup would backfire, as Goldberg fought back and eventually executed an incredible comeback sequence to down the giant. Goldberg followed that up with a Spear and a Jackhammer Suplex to put away Big Show for the 3-count and earn the #1 Contender's spot despite the pre-match interference from Hogan.

The victory would be short-lived though, as Hogan slid back into the ring and hit Goldberg from behind before smashing him with a DDT in the center of the ring, leaving him writhing in pain next to an already downed Big Show. Goldberg may be the #1 Contender, but does he have what it takes to beat the World Heavyweight Champion and leader of the nWo?
Winner: Goldberg by Pinfall
Spoiler
Old 04-22-2015, 05:15 PM   #18
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

OVR: 0

I cant reiterate how much I love this universe.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Old 04-23-2015, 02:19 AM   #19
Rookie

Xixak's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscowilz
I cant reiterate how much I love this universe.
Lol thanks man, happy you're enjoying it!
Old 04-23-2015, 03:18 PM   #20
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm loving this. Rey and Dragon is an extremely fun team. Goldberg vs. Hogan is gonna be a very cool rivalry.

Also a TLC match with nothing on the line is so WCW. You've got it down.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:21 PM   #21
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmooveMove
I'm loving this. Rey and Dragon is an extremely fun team. Goldberg vs. Hogan is gonna be a very cool rivalry.

I agree, Rey and Dragon are great as a team. Especially back in the 90s when they were two of the top Cruiserweights in the world.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2015, 07:04 PM   #22
Rookie

Xixak's Arena

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscowilz
I agree, Rey and Dragon are great as a team. Especially back in the 90s when they were two of the top Cruiserweights in the world.
Lol Rey and Dragon aren't actually an official tag team in this, just paired them together for that match because they had feuds that sort of meshed well. Although the combo is very intriguing... hmm. Perhaps we'll see that down the line, but right now I'm focussed on them primarily as singles competitors.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Working on the Card for Week #3 (last Nitro before Unforgiven) now!
Old 04-23-2015, 07:47 PM   #23
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xixak
Lol Rey and Dragon aren't actually an official tag team in this, just paired them together for that match because they had feuds that sort of meshed well. Although the combo is very intriguing... hmm. Perhaps we'll see that down the line, but right now I'm focussed on them primarily as singles competitors.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Working on the Card for Week #3 (last Nitro before Unforgiven) now!
I know they aren't a team. I just meant as a one off.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:04 PM   #24
Rookie

Xixak's Arena

Quote:
I know they aren't a team. I just meant as a one off.
Ahhh ok gotcha, yeah definitely a fun pairing

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »