Home

Grabbing The Ring: WWEs Next Generation (WWE 2K16 Universe Dynasty)

This is a discussion on Grabbing The Ring: WWEs Next Generation (WWE 2K16 Universe Dynasty) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2015, 05:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Grabbing The Ring: WWEs Next Generation (WWE 2K16 Universe Dynasty)

We fade in on Triple H, being interviewed on ESPN by Johnathan Coachman.

Coachman: So in order to explain the new WWE Brass Ring "Reboot", we need to discuss some of the recent events that have occurred with the WWE Universe. What were the events that led to where we are now.

HHH: It's not as much of a reboot, Coach, as it is a set of opportunities. We had a number of our favorite talents become injured. We would love to still have John Cena. We'd love to still have Daniel Bryan. We love the thought of having Randy Orton. It's sometimes just not meant to be.

We had a number of talents - Undertaker, Big Show, Mark Henry, Kane, among others - that have entertained the fans for decades, and were ready for a well deserved retirement. When you look at what these men have brought to sports entertainment - again, DECADES of entertaining the fans - you can't get mad that they are ready for retirement.

Finally, our talent is incredibly versatile. Brock Lesnar, Chris Jericho, Rob Van Dam... all of these men have other directions they can move in for success. You can't depend on part-timers forever.

What this has done is create opportunity. Everyone talks about wanting to be the best. Everyone talks about wanting to move up. Everyone talks about wanting to earn your spot. Well, there is opportunity here now. We're going to see who grabs it.

My Universe is meant to model a WWE that is forced to move to its next generation. All part-timers (Brock, Orton, Jericho, etc.), anyone closer to retirement (TBS, Henry, etc.), and the main eventers battling injury (Cena, Bryan, etc.) are removed. From there, the top tier of everyone left becomes Raw exclusive. The bottom tier is on NXT-exclusive, featuring characters that are just introduced to WWE or in need of rehabilitation. In between are two intenal sets - superstars that appear on Raw and Smackdown, and superstars that appear on Smackdown and NXT. The Raw-Exclusive people are moved to the top of their respective rankings. My initial rosters are:

Raw Exclusive Superstars: Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins (World Champ), Dean Ambrose, Bray Wyatt, Dolph Ziggler, Kevin Owens (US Champ), Finn Balor, Sheamus
Divas: Charlotte, Nikki Bella (Diva's), Paige, Naomi, Becky Lynch, Sasha Banks
Tags: Usos, New Day (Kofi/Big E; World Tag), Rybaxel, Cesaro/Kidd

Raw/Smackdown Superstars: Hideo Itami, Rusev, Neville, Stardust (IC Champ), Sami Zayn, Wade Barrett, Fandango , The Miz
Divas: Bayley, Brie Bella, Alexa Bliss, Alicia Fox, Natalya, Summer Rae
Tags: Prime Time Players, Wyatt Family

NXT/Smackdown Superstars: Apollo Crews, Tyler Breeze (NXT Champ), Heath Slater, Damien Mizdow, Aaron Cameron, Baron Corbin, Adam Rose, Jay Masters, Tye Dillenger, Bo Dallas
Divas: Asuka, Emma (NXT Women's), Cameron, Dana Brooke, Eva Marie, Nia Jax
Tags: Lucha Dragons (NXT Tag), Vaudevillians, Hype Bros., Ascension, Enzo/Cas, Gable/Jordan, Dash and Dawson, Dawkins and Fulton

After every PPV the rosters will be reshuffled. The top 4 superstar faces and heels, top three face/heel divas, and top two face/heel tag teams become Raw exclusive. The bottom five sets of Superstars, three divas, and three tag teams are assigned to NXT, and everyone else is on both Raw and Smackdown. I'll probably keep the same overall number of characters even if I add new people; as new wrestlers join NXT, and replace someone existing that I'm bored with. I'm hoping, as people from here export their MyCareer guys over, that they come in as "new blood" on NXT in Universe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2015, 05:54 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Grabbing The Ring: WWEs Next Generation (WWE 2K16 Universe Dynasty)

I ran through most of the first couple of weeks of results before I decided to chronicle the Universe here. I'll settle the rosters again after these first two weeks and then begin the more formal cards. Results from the first two weeks are below:

Week 1 Raw (I forgot the three non-rivalry matches, unfortunately. The plus side is that I started all three rivalries properly):

(1) Ryback vs Dolph Ziggler: Ryback was announced prematch to face Kevin Owens for Owens' United States title at the PPV. Owens comes out and distracts Ryback but Ryback nosells the Zig Zag and hits Shellshocked for the win.

(2) Natalya vs Nikki Bella (Diva's Champ): It was announced prematch that Paige faces Nikki for title at the PPV. Paige comes out and distracts midmatch giving Nattie an advantage she turned to a win.

(3) Dean Ambrose vs. Sheamus: Ambrose announced as #1 contender for Rollins' World Title pre-match. Ambrose pins Sheamus, but is decimated by a title belt shot from behind by Seth Rollins post-match.

NXT (No rivalries set; will start after the first NXT Arrival):

(1) Adam Rose vs Tyler Breeze (NXT Champion): Tyler Breeze
(2) Lucha Dragons vs Varsity Club (Chad Gable/ Jason Jordan): Varsity Club
(3) Asuka vs Emma (NXT Women's Champ) vs. Cameron: Asuka pins Emma after Cameron does the knee drop split and Asuka dispatches Cameron
(4) Jay Masters vs. Bo Dallas : Jay Masters
(5) Hype Bros. vs. Ascension : The Ascension

Smackdown (two out of three rivaries filled):
(1) Tye Dillenger vs. Stardust (IC Champ): Dillenger wins ina huge upset that made me up Stardust's defense numbers
(2) Prime Time Players vs. Wyatt Family: Wyatt Family
(3) Bayley vs. Alicia Fox vs. Alexa Bliss vs. Summer Rae: Fox pins Summer with bridged NLS; Bayley may need a once-over for stats and personality; joined in progress
(4) Fandango / Sami Zayn vs. The Ascension: Konnor pins Fandango after a flapjack facebuster. Good match. Sami Zayn seems like he should have been able to make the save, but didn't quite make it.
(5) Apollo Crews vs. The Miz: Unusually long match that started all Miz and turned around due to Crews' power moves
(6) Hideo Itami vs. Rusev: Stardust comes out prematch. Itami took control heavily but lost it due to Stardust distraction. Stardust left afterwards, but Rusev kept control and picked up the win.

Week Two:

Raw:
(1) Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt: Reigns wins
(2) Paige vs. Nikki Bella: Paige wins
(3) Ryback vs Kevin Owens: Owens attacks pre-match, and keeps the advantage gained to pick up the win.
(4) Hideo Itami vs. Cesaro vs. Dolph Ziggler: Ziggler picks up the win by pinning Cesaro
(5) Charlotte and Becky Lynch vs. Naomi and Sasha Banks: Naomi pins Charlotte after the Headcsissors DDT
(6) Elimination Match: Prime Time Players vs. The New Day (World Tag Champs): PTP'ers win with the following eliminations: Young -> Kofi -> Big E. Titus O'Neill is the sole survivor.
(7) Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins (World Champ): Rollins feigns an injury, and is replaced by Rusev. Ambrose wins. Post-match, Rollins lays out Ambrose again.

NXT:
(1) Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady vs. The Varsity Club (Gable / Jordan): Enzo and Cas win in something of an upset.
(2) Debut Match: "The Archangel" Aaron Cameron vs. Scott Sawson: Aaron Cameron wins with a top-rope shoulderblock
(3) Falls Count Anywhere: Asuka vs. Nia Jax: Asuka dominated the match until suplexing Jax outside of the ring. Jax was able to take control and pound Asuka with a chair until Jax got the pin.
(4) Zach Ryder vs Tyler Breeze (NXT Champ): Tyler Breeze wins
(5) Tye Dillenger vs Jay Masters: Masters wins

Smackdown:
(1) Hideo Itami vs Stardust (IC Champ): Stardust attacks prematch and picks up the win as a result.
(2) Dana Brooks vs Nia Jax: Nia Jax wins a surprisingly long match
(3) Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady vs. New Day: Enzo and Cas win a match that I'm interpreting is their way of saying they are ready to leave NXT.
(4) Asuka vs Nikki Bella (Diva's Champ): Asuka picks up the upset win after a pinfall powerbomb
(5) Neville vs Heath Slater: Neville wins
(6) Falls Count Anywhere: Sami Zayn vs. Seth Rollins (World Champ): Rollins wins.

This brings me through the first two weeks.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:45 PM   #3
Rookie

Roster Updates Week Two:
Normally I'm going to try to wait a few PPVs before a reorg, but I wanted to see how much change could occur, so I went ahead and redid the roster based on the newest in-game rankings. In addition, I'm differentiating the rosters a bit more, splitting them into four sets: Raw Exclusive, Raw/Smackdown, Smackdown/NXT, NXT Exclusive. There are less Raw Exclusive people than before. A + indicates a move to a higher-level show. A - indicates a move to a lower-level show. It is noteworthy that World champs can always appear on both Raw and Smackdown. Finally, the wrestlers are listed in alternating alignment order.

Raw Exclusive:
*Superstars: Seth Rollins (World Champ)(heel), Dean Ambrose, Bray Wyatt, Neville+, Kevin Owens, Roman Reigns
*Divas: Nikki Bella (Divas Champ)(heel), Paige, Naomi, Becky Lynch
*Tags: New Day (World Tag Champs)(heel), Usos

Raw/Smackdown:
*Superstars: Finn Balor-(Face), Rusev, Dolph Ziggler-, Sheamus-, Fandango, Wade Barrett, Sami Zayn, Stardust (IC Champ), Hideo Itami, The Miz
*Divas: Charlotte-(Face), Sasha Banks-,Natalya, Brie Bella, Asuka+, Alicia Fox
*Tags: Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady+(Face), Tyson Kidd & Cesaro-, Prime Time Players, Wyatt Family, Rybaxel-, Vaudevillians+

Smackdown/NXT:
*Superstars: Tyler Breeze (NXT Champ)(Heel), Apollo Crews, Baron Corbin, Tye Dillinger
* Divas: Bayley(Face), Nia Jax, Alexa Bliss-, Cameron
* Tags: Lucha Dragons (NXT Tag Champs)(Face), The Ascension

NXT Exclusives: (all considered a negative drop)
* Superstars: Adam Rose(Face), Bo Dallas, Heath Slater, Damien Mizdow, Aaron Cameron, Jay Masters
* Divas: Dana Brooke(Face), Summer Rae, Eva Marie, Emma (NXT Women's Champ)
* Tags: Hype Brothers(Face), Varsity Club (Gable/Jordan), Sawyer Fulton & Angelo Dawkins, Misfits (Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder)
Old 11-09-2015, 10:12 PM   #4
Rookie

GTR Cycle 1C Raw

(1) Falls Count Anywhere: Stardust (IC Champ) vs Finn Balor

Stardust walks into this match with Hideo Itami on the horizon at the PPV. Stardust has been hit-and-miss since the Grabbing The Ring Reboot, losing to NXT talent Tye Dillinger on Smackdown before defeating Itami after attacking him during his entrance. This is Finn Balor's first appearance since the GTRR.

Match
Spoiler

Post-Match Analysis
Spoiler

(2) Six-Woman Over The Top Rope Battle Royal: Natalya vs. Alicia Fox vs. Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. Naomi vs. Becky Lynch

All six divas have something to prove as the both jockey for position to pursue the #1 Contendership post-PPV. Most specifically, Charlotte and Sasha Banks found themselves relegated to the Raw/Smackdown tier, a downgrade that Becky Lynch and Naomi did not share. All four are now eager to prove or disprove that placement.

Match
Spoiler

Post-Match Analysis
Spoiler

(3) The Usos vs The New Day (World Tag Team Champs)
The Usos are the current number 1 contenders. The New Day had been on a losing streak, going down to the Prime Time Players and Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady in successive shows, so they desperately needed to break their streak, specifically against the presumptive #1 contenders.

The Match:
Spoiler

Post-Match Analysis:
Spoiler

(4) Paige vs Nikki Bella (Diva's Champ)
Nikki Bella has been getting desperate as the clock ticks to Extreme Rules, as Paige has steadily gotten the best of her since Paige was given the title shot. Nikki went down to Natalya (who had an assist from Paige), Paige herself, and then Asuka in succession.
The Match:
Spoiler

Post-Match Analysis
Spoiler

(5) Fatal Four Way: Neville vs. Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt vs. Dolph Ziggler
This is a battle with huge ranking (and as such show placement) ramifications. All four men are at the top of the ranks, with Neville recently taking Ziggler's spot among the Raw exclusive crew; while not a "must-win" for either men, both were obviously close enough to the border that this would affect their placement. In addition, Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt have had a subtle rivalry since the reboot, frequently facing each other.

The Match:
Spoiler

Post-Match Analysis:
Spoiler

(6) Ryback vs. Kevin Owens (US Champ)
Ryback started off very strongly as number one contender this cycle, dispatching Dolph Ziggler even after Kevin Owens attempted to intervene mid-match. Owens stepped up the assault last week, attacking Ryback during a non-title match before the belt after a promo pre-match about how Ryback may be stronger than him, but he can't fight as well as he can. This is a rematch from last week.

The Match:
Spoiler

Post-Match Analysis:
Spoiler

(7) Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins (World Champ) (GTR Raw Week 1C)
Dean Ambrose is set to get a shot at Seth Rollins' World Championship, and have locked horns since the Reboot. Ambrose was attacked by Rollins on the first post-reboot Raw after Ambrose defeated Sheamus. Ambrose demanded a match with Rollins on the next Raw, but Rollins claimed an injury and had Rusev wrestle in his place in a losing effort to Ambrose. Rollins again attacked Ambrose after that match, and went on to defeat Sami Zayn in a Falls Count Anywhere match on the last Smackdown. Ambrose finally gets a chance at revenge here.

The Match:
Spoiler

Post-Match Analysis:
Spoiler

Last edited by JAMRenaissance; 11-11-2015 at 10:21 AM.
Old 11-10-2015, 01:04 PM   #5
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

I love this. Will definitely be following along. One request would be a more clear cut written result (I dont watch videos as it takes longer and sometimes it was tough to tell who won and lost.)

Keep it up, can't wait to see what happens next
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2015, 03:28 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscowilz
I love this. Will definitely be following along. One request would be a more clear cut written result (I dont watch videos as it takes longer and sometimes it was tough to tell who won and lost.)

Keep it up, can't wait to see what happens next
I went through and modified the post-match analyses with the results when I added the 5th and 6th matches to the show (there was an upload error with the main event - Rollins vs. Ambrose). In my experience, it take a few shows to really get a good grasp of the format and delivery you want; I now know to include match results in the analysis for those that don't watch the videos. I'm also subtly putting in some angle-details (implying that Owens is playing mind-games with Ryback) to make up for the fact that I don't see myself scripting promos. I also think I'm only going to include entrances in the first week of the cycle.

I plan on re-uploading the last match when I get home (hoping that it did save on the PS4), and then I'll post an update in the Universe thread.

In re: watching the videos... well, perhaps you simply need more reason to want to do so. Let me tackle that once I get home.
Old 11-10-2015, 03:35 PM   #7
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMRenaissance
In re: watching the videos... well, perhaps you simply need more reason to want to do so. Let me tackle that once I get home.
Seeing as I don't even watch all of mine most of the time, just watch highlights after recording it I doubt I will watch anyone elses .

Just dont have the time.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Old 11-11-2015, 10:13 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscowilz
Seeing as I don't even watch all of mine most of the time, just watch highlights after recording it I doubt I will watch anyone elses .

Just dont have the time.
How are you able to tell when the match is over? I'm playing around with figuring out the timing of when to end the videos and stuff. Do you just leave it going in the background while you do something else?

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »