Home

A VIEW FROM AROUND THE SQUARED CIRCLE (A WWE 2K17 UNIVERSE STORY)

This is a discussion on A VIEW FROM AROUND THE SQUARED CIRCLE (A WWE 2K17 UNIVERSE STORY) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2016, 01:22 PM   #9
Rookie

Sportsfan1889's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: A VIEW FROM AROUND THE SQUARED CIRCLE (A WWE 2K17 UNIVERSE STORY)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscowilz
I've gone down the road of too many shows in the past (adding in a LtHW, Women's and even hardcore exclusive shows even with fewer numbers...just made them major but if you have smaller number you can still make it major and they just book fewer matches so you can have titles) and then I had PPVs almost every week.

Definitely fatigue set in.

Good luck
Yeah, definitely can see that happening. Thanks.

I plan on toning back the writing a bit as well to help. Maybe even summarize some matches in a sentence or two. But for some of these earlier ones I need to establish some things about the wrestlers.

Last edited by Sportsfan1889; 12-04-2016 at 01:48 PM.
Old 12-04-2016, 03:27 PM   #10
Rookie

Sportsfan1889's Arena

NAITO SPEAKS AFTER HIS IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP VICTORY

"Yes, I know I won the match. I am the champion...hahaha. hahahha. I bet you...I bet you right now...Tanahashi is back there...taking a shower...haha...and....crying hahahaha. He wishes it was him that was being asked questions by the media and having all this attention.

*Naito's face gets serious and he sits up from the slump in his chair at the press table and looks directly into a camera in the front*

"It's me. I'm getting the attention Tanahashi. I don't like it but I'm happy knowing it's not you or any other happy-go-lucky kid that thinks he is a Heavyweight champion. This new era of NJPW is starting off right. It's starting off with a Los Ingobernables de Japon member as Champion."

"Now someone go get that bastard a box of kleenex and me a bottle of wine, we're celebrating tonight while the rest of NJPW weeps hahahahahahaa"
Old 12-04-2016, 04:52 PM   #11
Rookie

Sportsfan1889's Arena

LIVE IN KANSAS, MISSOURI

Smackdown is proud to be the home of the INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP as well as the CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP (but is not a seperate BRAND from RAW, together they form the WWE).

The IC had a small tournament to decide the winner and in the end it was ZACK RYDER who defeated Cesaro to hold the title!

The Cruiserweight championship however was given to Brian Kendrick without holding another tournament after having the CWC not that long ago.

ONE ON ONE - SAMI ZAYN VS SHEAMUS

Both of these competitors are in the IC division and both are given an opportunity to start off this inaugural Smackdown show with a chance to impress. As the match gets underway its Sami Zayn who is first to impress with a series of flurries that keeps Sheamus off his feet. After a couple aerial moves, it's Sheamus who is looking to be on the ropes of this match early. After he kicks Zayn in his face from his back, he's able to recover a bit and get to his feet and delivers a German suplex to Zayn. After more back and forth Zayn takes advantage again has Sheamus outside the ring where he lands a between the ropes DDT! Sheamus starts to bleed from his head from the impact on the mat. Sheamus is pulled back into the ring but when the ref can't see the angle, he hits Zayn between the legs for a low blow!!! He follows with a rolling senton and Zayn doesn't look to be the same. But wait, he gathers himself and is able to kick out. He gets back to his feet again...but once more it's not long before he finds myself at Sheamus' disposal and a WHITE NOISE seals the deal for the Celtic Warrior.

ONE ON ONE - NEVILLE VS DREW GULAK
This is a match-up between two competitors looking to separate themselves from the pack when it comes to the Cruiserweight division. Neville is a classic, high-flying cruiserweight while Drew Gulak tends to be in the more physical, technical mold of say a Dean Malenko cruiserweight. Should be a fun mix of styles!
The bell rings and we are underway. Gulak goes straight for a tie-up as he tries to show Neville that he is the stronger man. After Neville struggles with the grappling, he decides to throw in some springboard action and show off his pure athleticism. Gulak fights back with some suplexes and decided it's time to try and match Neville and he goes to the top rope for a elbow drop! He misses!! Neville saw it coming and moved out of the way. He starts to take the fight to Gulak and hits a massive sitting powerbomb! He jumps up to the top rope and finishes off the match with a RED ARROW.

WOMEN'S FATAL 4-WAY MATCH: Nikki Bella vs Emma vs Bayley vs Naomi
The women's division is loaded and everyone is looking for a way to stand out. A 4-way match was set up to let these particular women have access to making a statement on this first episode of SMACKDOWN. Early on in the match we see Nikki Bella/Naomi square off and Bayley/Emma fight. It looks like there is still some bad blood in the NXT days of Bayley/Emma and Nikki and Naomi have had their fair square of matches in the past. Bayley puts down Emma with a snap suplex and while Nikki then starts to fight Bayley, Naomi sneeks in to try and take the pin on Emma...1-2..she kicks out! What a sneaky, smart move from the veteran Naomi. Bayley is pissed at Nikki for almost costing her the match already and the two are going back and forth!

Bayley is now engaged in the ring with Emma and has Emma laid out on the mat. She goes the top rope for a move onto Emma and is about to leap, there she goes....NIKKI picks up Emma by the neck in the nick of time (if she even knew it?) causing Bayley to go tumbling to the mat. Bayley has to roll out of the ring with pain. Nikki follows her outside the ring and continues to beat her down. However, in the ring what is going on...Naomi hits Emma with her head-scissors driver!!! Nikki and Bayley notice it at the last second and try to rush in the room but it's too late. Naomi wins!

TAG TEAM MATCH - ENZO & BIG CASS VS THE VAUDEVILLIANS
Essentially a squash match as Enzo & Big Cass destroy The Vaudevillians. The crowd loves it and goes nuts for the victory.

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH TO BE IC #1 CONTENDER - CESARO VS BRAY WYATT VS KANE
Who will win this match and be the #1 Contender for the INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP? There is a lot on the line in this one and a chance to meet Zack Ryder for the title!

Cesaro was the loser in the final match to determine who would be the IC champion. He lost to Zack Ryder. He feels it was a match that he should have won, but he let his mental game down for a second and that was all it took for Ryder to win the match. He took the man a bit too lightly and it cost him the title. Now he sits in his corner of the ring and looks across to see Bray Wyatt and Kane about to fight him for the same opportunity he just had and squandered. Bray sits in his corner and sees an opportunity. He sees a path to getting the Wyatt Family ahead in this little WWE game. He sees Zack Ryder already. He has him in the Sister Abigail already.

The match is a true war between all three men, all taking their turns on each other. But after a chokeslam from Kane, Cesaro has to roll out of the ring and when Kane turns around from his Chokeslam, he turns into Bray's fist and soon after he's being kissed on the head and down for the count. Bray Wyatt is the #1 Contender for the INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

MAIN EVENT: ONE ON ONE (FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE, NO DQ) - BRIAN KENDRICK VS RICH SWANN
Kendrick is the Cruiserweight Champion and the first person on his pecking list of competitors is the fun, goofy, lovable Rich Swann. Kendrick sees this man as anything but someone he would want to be around however and wants to end his time in the WWE.

Kendrick grabs a mic before the match, "IM HERE TO PUT THIS MAN AWAY, THERE IS NOT A CRUISERWEIGHT DIVISION, THERE IS MEEEE"

Shortly into the match Kendrick goes outside the ring and immediately grabs a sledgehammer to try and take care of Rich Swann quickly. However, the plan backfires and Swann dives off the top rope before Kendrick can see him and Kendrick's face impacts with the sledgehammer, causing him to be most likely concussed. He tries to continue fighting but we can see he is not the same Brian Kendrick we all know and Rich Swann is sure to take care of business with a standing 450 splash. Swann is seen celebrating his victory and the crowd gives him the props he deserves for playing quick and smart to get the victory.

Last edited by Sportsfan1889; 12-04-2016 at 06:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2016, 11:09 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

i know what its like being the new guy, as i still am one, so ill definitely be following

i hope you stay motivated because this has been great so far. i especially love that youre doing new japan. im just now getting into the organization myself, so its really entertaining to follow yours

keep up the good work bro namath
Old 12-05-2016, 01:08 AM   #13
Rookie

Sportsfan1889's Arena

LIVE IN MEMPHIS, TN

ROH is getting ready to kick-off here and it has been decided that NO belt will be held to begin the show. Instead, matches will take place for each belt here at ROH including the ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, ROH TV TITLE, and the ROH TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP. Tonight the aforementioned two will have a CHAMPION and a week from tonight we will find out who our ROH WORLD CHAMPION is!

ONE ON ONE MATCH - DALTON CASTLE VS ACH
Dalton is looking to make sure the ROH universe did not forget who their favorite was! ACH however is looking to take things a bit to the dark side in order to make sure that the fanbase understands that he is a man to be dealt with.

Early on Dalton Castle shows that he is a man with strength despite what his feathers might tell you at first glance. A wicked clothesline that sends ACH towering down towards the mat gives way to Dalton Castle to start working on his opponent's leg. A belly-to-back suplex does not make things any easier for ACH and Dalton is surely looking good now as he hits a DDT and gets a 2 and a 1/2 count! He immediately follows it up with a back suplex that he then holds onto for the 1-2-3 pin! Be no aware ROH universe, the fan favorite is looking stronger than ever!

ONE ON ONE MATCH - ADAM 'HANGMAN' PAGE VS JAY LETHAL
The Bullet Club's own Adam Page is in for quite a test as he goes to take on Jay Lethal. A man who was once with the House of Truth and a wrecking ball of a force for ROH competitors for a long time. He has now reinvented himself as a man who wants to be cheered instead of booed on a nightly basis. He feels like the evils have been sent out of him and he is now a a TRUE Ring of Honor man and wrestler.

The bell gets underway and it's clear who is the superior athlete in this squared circle. The only way that Adam Page stands a chance would be a run-in to save his butt. Lethal is springboarding off the ropes onto Page and mocking him in the corner of the ring as he takes a short break on his whooping. Page jumps up at once though with a burst of energy and catches Lethal off guard with a forearm to the face, then a jawbreaker, then a couple stomps, now he's up to the top rope...but Lethal is already up and a powerslam later he is in full control again. To the top rope he goes and hits Page with a dropkick as soon as he gets up! Page looks dazed on the mat as he closes his eyes and Lethal jumps on top for the pin.

TAG TEAM ELIMINATION MATCH - THE ADDICTION VS MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS
The Addiction mean business when they come to town and if you can't tell from Christopher Daniel's general outfit when they enter the ring, then you will be able to tell once the bell rings that this duo is a mean duo here to do nothing but make others hurt and remove all weak teams from the company due to injury. On the other hand, the Motor City Machine Guns are a couple of hard-working blue-collar guys who are here to take out any team that is known to fight cheap and dirty. They found one with The Addiction and they are both ready to do battle.

The teams fight back and forth in the ring. Each time we think that one team is gaining an advantage, it seems that the other team just manages to squeak in a timely reversal to swing the momentum. The Machine Guns are fired up and each time they take down one of The Addiction they are sure to jump up and get on the turnbuckle to get the fans going nuts for them and the match! Daniels has a certain look in his eye tonight that is a bit...unpleasant and uneasy to say the least. It's hard to say exactly why but looking at him, one can tell he is a focused man with intentions...well I'm unsure where they lie. Some teamwork from The Addiction and we see Alex Shelley struggling to kick out of a pin attempt. The Addiction are a rocking and a rolling and Daniels is just taking care of busine...o wait a trip by Shelley! But it's not long before Daniels continues his torment of Alex Shelley as the man can NOT make a tag to Chris Sabin to help him! Daniels goes to the top rope ready to pounce onto Shelley...he gets out of the way! Daniels is in pain. A tag to Sabin is finally made. A ta to Frankie Kazarian is made as well...here we go...two fresh bodies looking to do work. Kazarian shows his wit and waits for Sabin to go for a move before reversing it. He takes advantage from here on out and doesn't let down. Soon Sabin is pinned. It's a 2 vs 1 from here on out and an Alex Shelley turns bloody and is eventually pinned. The Addiction win.

ONE ON ONE MATCH - MIKE BENNETT (W/MARIA KANELLIS) VS RICOCHET

Mike Bennett was set to being accompanied to the ring by his wife Maria Kanellis...but will have to make do without as she is not by his side as he is getting set to do battle against the high flyer Ricochet. Ok, we are hearing now that Maria is not feeling well tonight and is staying at the hotel recovering. So it looks like Mike Bennett will have to go it alone! These two have met each other as part of numerous tag team bouts throughout the years but I do not believe they have faced each other. Tonight marks a first for that!

Welp, that was short. Ricochet takes of Mike Bennett easily with a 450 splash for the victory. Maybe it was the lack of Maria that hurt Mike? Maybe he needs his wife support a LOT.

ROH TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH - THE BRISCOES VS THE YOUNG BUCKS

The two most iconic teams of ROH tag team history have been selected to represent the two teams that are competing in the ROH TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP match. Off to a fast and furious start its easy to see that these two teams have been battling each other for a while as they have a nasty attitude towards each other that makes me thin of both of these teams as nasty heels! They know how much this match means and it's all being put out on the mat! The Briscoes are showing that they have more strength with some brutal punches once they have a Jackson on the mat asking to be hit. You can hear Nick and Matt cry towards the crowd with each punch! They are very emotional human beings. The Briscoes are a couple of angry rednecks who see the Bucks as nothing but game like deer from their perspective. The Young Bucks are quick though and show they are quite an atheltic duo themselves with stunning springboard and tag team moves showing they have wrestled with each other for YEARS and YEARS. But so have the Briscoes!!! Here comes a double clothesline!!!! MAN UP!!! MAN UP!!!! The crowd is going nuts. The Briscoes are living it up....Matt is hiding in the corner of the ring. A big boot to the face!!! A powerbomb to the mat! How will the Young Bucks survive! A cover...1...2....A BREAK UP FROM NICK! The Young Bucks stay alive. The Briscoes can't believe it! But quick here comes Matt with a suplex to Mark. Up to the top rope! A diving elbow! A pin attempt...1..2..the briscoes stay alive!!! now Matt with a torture rack! He drops him,,,1..2..3.. superkicks to the face!!! He kicks out!!! The Briscoes battle back another 8 minutes before they finally achieve the comeback and beat the Young Bucks by havin Mark hold Nick outside the ring while Jay took care of business inside!

ONE ON ONE (FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE) MATCH - RODERICK STRONG VS CODY RHODES

Roddy, Roddy, Roddy. The man has been a mainstay in ROH for a number of years and is well known in the wrestling community for being a tremendous athlete able who is diverse enough to strike both love and fear into the fans that he is able to perform in front of. On the other hand, we have Cody Rhodes. The former TNA, WWE star has found a new home here in Ring of Honor. What sort of Cody we will see has yet to be seen but we know we are getting an athlete in the prime of his career with a passion for the sport to match. Should be a great match! O yeah, they can pin each other anywhere!

Cody comes out in the all-white showing that he is here to be respectful and honor the code of honor. He goes to the middle of the ring to shake the hand of Roderick Strong. Roderick hits him in the face instead! It's clear that one man is not a gentleman!

Cody shows some rust early and misses a springboard somersault in which Roderick did not even dive out of the way. Strong throws Cody outside the ring and starts the suplex machine. Cody fights back with some elbows and is jumping off of the apron onto the back of Strong! He appears to be feeling some of that blow and Cody jumps on him to take advantage. Outside the ring they continue to fight with the fans on their feet looking forward to seeing who will become the victor. A DDT from Cody on the outside! Roddy is in trouble from the looks of it....boom a reversal knee to the face and I am proven wrong. He slides inside the ring and gets on the top rope...an elbow from the top!!! Rhodes is now the one hurting! What stamina both men are displaying here, back and forth they now go. Roderick thinks he has a quick advantage and goes for a pin and gets a 2 and a 1/2 count. They are fighting on the entrance ramp now and Strong is showing his dominant, violent edge throwing Rhodes around and making sure to piss off some fans while doing so (he yells and flicks off a few). He grabs Cody's hand and is bending back his finger now...OWWWWW. Cody kicks snaps out of it, turns Strong around....CROSS RHODES!!!! MATCH OVER. JUST. LIKE. THAT. Cody comes from behind.

ROH TV TITLE TRIPLE THREAT MATCH - WILL OSPREAY VS MARTY SCURLL VS BOBBY FISH

The Main Event of the night. A triple threat match to decide who will end the evening as the ROH TV TITLE CHAMPION. All three men have their stories, but what's most important in my mind going into this contest will be ROH experience and the man who is the veteran in that aspect is definitely Bobby Fish. Ospreay and Scurll are brand new to the company and being a big match of this caliber, this quickly might just be too much for them to take on at this point in their career. Ospreay is a young high-flyer with a ton of potential and Scurll is a dirty fighting pirate. Yeah. Anyways, the match shall tell who has what it takes to be ROH TV TITLE CHAMPION....

All three men are poised in the ring, looking ready for the moment surprisingly. A confident Scurll takes Ospreay out with a spear towards the man's ankles and knees to the face while Bobby Fish stands in the corner of the ring in amusement and laughs at the two men fighting while allowing him to rest. A savvy move indeed. Ospreay will notice this and run towards Fish with all his force lunging an uppercut at the last second knocking Fish to the mat. Now we have a TRIPLE THREAT match.

As the match ensues Will Ospreay creates an opportunity to give himself the title. He throws Fish out of the ring and hits Scurll with a powerbomb that leaves him down and Will goes for the pin...1....2....kick out! So close. The ref gets hit on accident and is down for a bit. Marty Scurll takes this opportunity grab a chair and hit both men, throw the chair out the ring, and go for the pin just as the ref gets to his feet....1...2...kickout! Even the villainous ways of Marty Scurll are not enough in this match! Fish grabs Marty and delivers a toss that sends him outside the ring. Fish looks across the ring and locks eyes with Will Ospreay. They run towards each other.....FISH HITS WILL WITH A CLOTHESLINE FROM HELL! 1-2-3. BOBBY FISH IS THE ROH TV TITLE CHAMPION!

Old 12-05-2016, 01:09 AM   #14
Rookie

Sportsfan1889's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by superplex
i know what its like being the new guy, as i still am one, so ill definitely be following

i hope you stay motivated because this has been great so far. i especially love that youre doing new japan. im just now getting into the organization myself, so its really entertaining to follow yours

keep up the good work bro namath
thank you for the words! yes, I do love NJPW, great organization!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »