Home

A VIEW FROM AROUND THE SQUARED CIRCLE (A WWE 2K17 UNIVERSE STORY)

This is a discussion on A VIEW FROM AROUND THE SQUARED CIRCLE (A WWE 2K17 UNIVERSE STORY) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2016, 07:37 PM   #1
Rookie

Sportsfan1889's Arena

OVR: 4
A VIEW FROM AROUND THE SQUARED CIRCLE (A WWE 2K17 UNIVERSE STORY)

THE RUN DOWN
_--_-----__-_--_-_----

- I am using the Hyperballer attribute project (everyone I am using is re-rated. Not using anyone not on this list yet, but if I do, I will rate them accordingly to keep the game as balanced and realistic as possible.

- All of the matches will be CPU vs CPU. I will do most of the booking but the results will play themselves out.

- WWE/NJPW/ROH/PWG are the promotions that this Universe Mode report will focus on. The rosters are set fairly realistic with a few tweaks here and there. No legends or old school wrestlers yet. Possible invasion angle though of course.

- Smackdown is made into a major show to add the Intercontinental and Cruiserweight championships/divisions. It is not a 'Brand Split', however, the wrestlers are divided into divisions in a sense and this Smackdown will feature the two previous mentioned championships primarily as well as the Tag and Women's division.

I am using Saturday for a PPV kick-off show to add more matches to the card. However, the first two weeks of every month Saturday will be used for a NJPW minor show since I wanted to add the NEVER and IWGP JR Heavyweight titles. Even though these titles will not 'officially' be a part of the show because of it being a minor show, I will still make them official in my HEAD and for sake of this REPORT.

Here is the schedule that I plan on using.

(PWG will only have special PPV shows like they do in real life,,,mine will be every other month. They have one belt, the PWG HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP)

Monday - RAW (WWE Championship, U.S. Title, WWE Tag Team titles, WWE Women's Championship)

Tuesday - NJPW (IWGP Heavyweight Championship, IWGP Intercontinental Championship, IWGP Tag Team Championship)

Wednesday - NO SHOW

Thursday - Smackdown (WWE Intercontinental Championship, Cruiserweight Championship, and shares the tag team and women championships of the RAW show)

Friday - ROH (ROH Championship, ROH TV Championship, ROH Tag Team Championship)

Saturday - 'Sunset'(NJPW MINOR SHOW) (Will tend to focus on NEVER CHAMPIONSHIP and IWGP JR Championship divisions)

SUNDAY - PPV

EVERY WEEK EXCEPT 1ST WEEK OF EVERY MONTH.
2ND WEEK - ALTERNATES BETWEEN ROH AND PWG PPVs.
3RD WEEK - NJPW G1 CLIMAX SHOWS APRIL, MAY, JUNE, JULY (FINAL). Others will be NJPW PPV shows or other specials such as WWE vs NJPW or a Legends show to use that part of the roster.
4TH WEEK - ALWAYS A WWE PPV.

Last edited by Sportsfan1889; 12-04-2016 at 01:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2016, 07:43 PM   #2
Rookie

Sportsfan1889's Arena

Re: A VIEW FROM AROUND THE SQUARED CIRCLE (A WWE 2K17 UNIVERSE STORY)

Want title changed to

"A WWE/NJPW/ROH/PWG Universe Mode by Sportsfan"

Last edited by Sportsfan1889; 12-03-2016 at 07:46 PM.
Old 12-03-2016, 08:45 PM   #3
Rookie

Sportsfan1889's Arena

Fans online are going nuts over the debut of this new start of wrestling. After it was determined that everything in the wrestling world needed a big ol reset button to be pressed, fans are speculating that maybe nothing much has changed at all and it was just a rest needed for the talent and executives and that maybe the champions they know and love will still be champions and maybe those who they hate will have their titles stripped away! It's been 6 months since we've last seen a match and everyone is just DYING to see what the wrestling world has ready for them!

For those who follow the activities of the WWE online, some have been keen to watch online a couple of tournaments which were decided by Vince McMahon to be in the best interests of two championships in particular...the US Championship which was won by BRAUN STROWMAN over Rusev in the finals and the Intercontinental Championship which was won by ZACK RYDER over Cesaro in the finals.

LIVE in ORLANDO, FL

Show Opener Promo
--------------------------
KEVIN OWENS theme hits.

The man himself walks out onto the stage and is carrying the WWE heavyweight championship title over his shoulder. The place erupts. It's loud. Lots of energy in the air for sure. Kevin Owens is the champion. He is the leader of the company. This was a Vince McMahon decision and it feels....dirty. It's clear now, Orlando is mostly booing. and it is...still loud.

One fan is heard reacting over the camera: 'He's not supposed to pick the fat guy. He only likes the big athletic ones! What is this! What's going on?'

Owens walks into the ring confidently and proud. Smug look across his face as he stands in the center of the ring and looks out with a proud gaze.

At once he snaps from his gaze and shouts into the mic 'YOU CAN ALL SHUT THE HELL UP NOW, JOHN CENA I WANT YOU'

No bull****. Owens is here for Cena. He's had all the time off in the world to let things slide and start a new direction, perhaps even a change of heart but no....the man is locked in on John Cena and it is obviously clear now.

'John, I know you're back there and yeah I know that you didn't know who he decided he wanted as champ but you sure as hell knew it wasn't you.'

'Yeah that's right John, the same man that has loved you so much over the years decided he wanted to go with me this time. It's clear this time that you are done and you need to move onto acting or whatever you do now'

CENA'S THEME HITS
Mixed reactions for the man but it is loud and you know that the feelings are heavy either way.

'Kevin I'm not here to come out here and talk gossip with you. I'm here to say that if you want a match with me, that's fine, I'll have it. But why me? Aren't you happy? You're the champion, congratulations man. Shouldn't you be cheerful instead of screaming into the mic with hatred?'

'John, I remember that you were the one who first wanted me to fail when I got here and I'm not going to forget about that just because I am on top. I'm here to stand at the top and push you farther down.'

OWENS THEME HITS

(segment over)

ONE ON ONE (FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE) - KING BARRETT VS JACK SWAGGER
It's said that King Barrett has been lobbying to try and make sure he has a match on the first RAW back to showcase to the world that he is still a KING

Barrett gets off to a great start pumeling Jack Swagger over and over. Then Swagger takes advantage with a suplex and while Barrett is down he gets out of the ring and grabs a sledgehammer! He takes it in the ring and goes to hit Barrett with it but it is reversed! Swagger goes down and Barrett continues the assault that he started the match with. A series of vicious strikes to the head while Swagger lies on the mat and some technical submissive moves to the arm keep Barrett looking strong. Swagger is able to get to his feet and deliver a blow but it isn't long before Barrett shows off his impressive physique and has Swagger outside the ring being sidewalk slammed into the ground. They take the fight around the entire arena delivering blows back and forth with the King getting the better of the exchanges and eventually he pummels Swagger until the man can not get up and decides a pin would work here and it does. 1-2-3 King Barrett wins.

TAG TEAM MATCH - GALLOWS & ANDERSON (W/AJ STYLES) VS THE DUDLEY BOYZ
A match that was a hard battle until the end when AJ Styles was seen hitting D-Von dudley in the head with a chair and the match had to be called by the ref. Maybe a near future extreme rules match might let the boys do more fun with weapons...

TAG TEAM MATCH - THE NEW DAY - KOFI & XAVIER (WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS) VS. HEATH SLATER & RHYNO

Rhyno early on shows his strength advantage and is dominating Kofi Kingston with a series of suplexes and power submission holds. Heath Slater gets a tag in and even starts to take a beating to Kofi. With the tag champ looking in trouble Kofi fights out of a hold tags in Xavier Woods who does a great job of kicking someone while they are down. If there was any doubt, it is clear that the New Day are heel champions. The match progresses and eventually Rhyno hits Xavier with a killer suplex followed by a brainbuster that leave the man looking pale. The New Day are looking like they should have had Big E in the match to counter Rhyno. Xavier starts to bleed from the forehead and then before he knows it is hit with a gore and the match looks for sure to be over!!!! but then bam Kofi dives in at the very last second to save the match and keep things alive. But then the attention just turns to him as Xavier lays unconscious outside he ring and before we know it Xavier is hit with a gore himself and is down for the pin. Heath Slater & Rhyno win as Rhyno looooks strooonnnggg taking out both Xavier and Kofi out with ease. Where was Big E?

CHARLOTTE PROMO
----------------------------------
Charlotte comes out to tell the world that she is indeed the WWE WOMEN'S CHAMPION and is excited to take care of all the kids that are sent to take her down. But that she WONT bow down. She is THE QUEEN and things are to be the way that she says.

PAIGE THEME HITS

Paige comes out to say that while it may be nice for her to think of herself as a QUEEN that its a shame that not a SINGLE other woman in the backroom can say the same about her. She reminds Charlotte that her own self perception is heavily distorted and she needs a good *** kicking to remind her that she is nothing but a whiny little spoiled brat. Paige reminds charlotte that when the revolution comes, the QUEEN will DIE. She laughs loudly and longly before walking back as the lights hit and the segment closes.

ONE ON ONE - BRAUN STROWMAN (US CHAMPION) VS RUSEV (W/LANA)

Rusev was very displeased when he lost the finals match Braun Strowman, therefore losing the title that was LAST his. He came into the finals with immense confidence and thought for sure he would win. After the devastating loss, Rusev asks Vince for a rematch. After a long discussion, he gets his wish. Rusev and Strowman engage in another war of wars and Strowman outlasts the Accolade and then Rusev outlasts the bearhug from Strowman. After Strowman hits his powerslam finisher and is ready for a pin Lana jumps on the ring and distracts the ref and Strowman from the match! Rusev has time to recover, and takes the advantage to Strowman. Before long, another Accolade is being applied but this time it's too much for Braun and he taps to the Bulgarian Brute.

ONE ON ONE - KEVIN OWENS (WWE CHAMPION) VS JOHN CENA

The time for the main event is here and the crowd is AMPED. Both superstars come out to thunderous reactions and are ready to do battle. The match gets underway and as John Cena gets out to a quick upper hand on KO, Aj Styles!!! is seen coming out towards the ring. He stays outside and is seen trying to get into the head of John Cena and is in Kevin Owen's corner of the ring. WHy!??!? What alliance does HE have with Kevin Owens?

After the distraction, the match swings towards Kevin Owen's favor. He is hitting Cena with a jawbreaker and is landing some springboard work onto the former champion, reminding him who is currently at power in the company. After 2 pick-up power-bombs, the champion is victorious. Aj Styles claps and celebrates the victory while Kevin Owens looks towards Styles with confusion of the support whilst still raising his hand and celebrating his victory. What was the main intention here? Does the bullet club want KO? Does Styles just hate Cena? Does he see KO as Champ as a weaker eventual target? We do not know. But we do know who is looking strong after their first night as new hand-picked champion...

Last edited by Sportsfan1889; 12-03-2016 at 10:52 PM.
Old 12-03-2016, 10:53 PM   #4
Rookie

Sportsfan1889's Arena

LIVE IN TOKYO, JAPAN

NJPW has decided to handle most of their belt decisions with LIVE matches to determine who will be holding their championships. A decision that is different from how WWE decided to handle the situation. Tonight, there are TWO championship matches. One that will determine the NEVER championship and one that will determine the all important IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP. There will also be a triple threat match to determine who will be in the IC title match in the future.

TAG TEAM MATCH - BUSHI & SANADA (W/NAITO) representing LOS INGOBERNABLES VS RICOCHET & MATT SYDAL

The high flying team of Ricochet & Matt Sydal are in for an taste of a faction that is at the least...completely disrespectful and cowardly in their approach to the sport of wrestling. Los Ingobernables are known for taking matters into their own hands in ANY means necessary to win a match and they show ZERO respect for a title if they manage to get their hands on one.

The match goes back and forth as the high flyers get the edge to begin the match with lots of high flying spots from Matt Sydal and then BUSHI and SANADA start to get their edge and get into the head of their opponents with multiple taunts and eventually a 450 splash from the top rope takes the victory for the INGOBERNABLES de JAPON.

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH for spot in IC TITLE MATCH - CHRIS HERO VS KENNY OMEGA VS SHIBATA

Chris Hero is the newest guy in the NJPW locker-room but he is already up for the task of going against two of the strongest in the IWGP IC title picture. Kenny Omega is an anime villain ready to strike fear into his opponents and Shibata is a no-nonsense good guy who is here in New Japan for one thing and one thing only...kicking ***.

As soon as the match gets underway, Chris Hero slips out under the ropes and lets Omega and Shibata go toe to toe. A cowardly tactic yes, but a smart one given his circumstance I would have to say. The match progresses on and at one point Shibata is knocked out of the ring from a half nelson slam that I'm pretty sure gave him a concussion...as Chris Hero was looking on in worry Omega slipped up from behind and got a roll-up victory to land himself a spot in the IWGP INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP match! (sometime in the future, other half of match to be determined)

NEVER CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH (EXTREME RULES) - ISHII VS MAKABE

Two of the hardest hitters NJPW has to offer, so it is only fitting that they are the two competitors who will compete for the belt that represents the hardest hitting action, the NEVER CHAMPIONSHIP. Makabe is known for being inspired by the great Bruiser Brody and shows it with the huge chain he wears across his neck for his entrance. Ishii is built like a bulldog and backs down from no ONE. He is eager to fight anyone, no matter their size.

The match starts and Ishii quickly knocks Makabe to the outside and before we know it he has him in a texas cloverleaf outside the ring!!!! Makabe reverses a suplex and stands his ground with a couple punches to the face of the hardened veteran Ishii. Ishii will eventually respond with a crushing sideslam to the outside in which I swear we hear one of Makabe's bones break. However, its not long before we see Makabe looking underneath the ring and finding a kendo stick to do damage to Ishii's body and thigh. At this rate, it seems like it will be a matter of who will simply be able to get up that will be able to win the match. ANd yes, back and forth they go...exchanging punches, slaps, blows to the body and in the end it is a bloody headbutt from ISHII that makes him the NEVER CHAMPION!!!!

ONE ON ONE MATCH - KAZUCHIKA "The Rainmaker" OKADA VS MINORU SUZUKI

Okada and Suzuki are both looking to establish themselves are strong competitors when it comes to the IWGP HEAVYWEIHT CHAMPIONSHIP picture, despite knowing that tonight it will be neither of them that will be walking out with that aforementioned title. Suzuki is older and has had much more experience when it comes to big time bouts but Okada is no slouch himself either.

To begin the match, we see that Suzuki's hard hitting style has taken Okada at least off his normal routine and is leaving him a bit dizzy in the corner. Eventually he has the mustard to return a counter elbow to the face of Suzuki that allows Okada to start to pour on an offensive flurry. Suzuki eventually lands a counter himself, his bein a counter DDT. The strength difference between the two might be showing up to be a difference but what stamina??? After Okada kicks out of a couple near falls, he lands a power move himself that puts Suzuki's forehead to the test as it starts to bleed. Then its not too long before he hits THE RAINMAKER clothesline and it puts Suzuki out for the count. Okada wins.

IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH - TANAHASHI VS NAITO

The match to determine who will be the champion coming out of the opening show of NJPW. Will it be the loveable face of Tanahashi or the heel on the part of the Los Ingobernables de Japon, Naito? Both of these men have not faced each other toooo many times before and do have a long running feud to speak of. So there should be no bitter blood....

Off to a heart thumping start as both men are dueling each other with every might in their soul to come out on top the champion tonight! After taunting a suicide dive but opting to lay in the ring instead...Naito starts to lose grasp and Tanahashi gets the upper hand with Naito scrambling around the ring for his breath looking for help but NO. The other refs are at the ramp blocking the entrance making sure there is no interference tonight.

However...shockingly enough...no interference is needed. Naito eventually regains the momentum slowly but surely and and after a hell of a battle and a number of near finishes both way...Naito finishes Tanahashi off with the Destino. Naito is IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION.

Last edited by Sportsfan1889; 12-04-2016 at 01:00 AM.
Old 12-04-2016, 10:09 AM   #5
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

OVR: 0

Welcome to the club.

You have a very ambitious universe with so many shows and groups.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2016, 01:12 PM   #6
Rookie

Sportsfan1889's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscowilz
Welcome to the club.

You have a very ambitious universe with so many shows and groups.
Thank you for the welcome wiscowilz!

Yes, it is very ambitious. I definitely have spent some time into setting this up and getting everyone properly edited and decided why not go all not?

O yeah, possibility of fatigue. How could I forget? That's probably the thing that is the biggest problem with keeping a dynasty report going. And overall, that's what I want. A report to look back on throughout a number of years instead of doing a really extensive one that only lasts a short while. I'm going to nip this in the butt now.

I am going to cut NXT. It has the thinnest roster (I haven't shared the rosters, but I have them written down and in the game...and it is my smallest for sure).

I'd rather feature more of the brands that are unique to my report so NXT is going to go buh-bye. Wednesdays will remain an off-day. Where the NXT takeover's were designed to go, I might keep them open, have a quick special (WWE vs NJPW, A Legend Special, etc.) I definitely plan on using April and June's takeover dates for G1 Climax Tournament shows leading up to the G1 Final in July. I won't be doing NEARLY as many matches or include as many wrestlers as the actual G1 CLimax tournament but I will have a mini-one of sorts.
Old 12-04-2016, 01:17 PM   #7
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

OVR: 0

I've gone down the road of too many shows in the past (adding in a LtHW, Women's and even hardcore exclusive shows even with fewer numbers...just made them major but if you have smaller number you can still make it major and they just book fewer matches so you can have titles) and then I had PPVs almost every week.

Definitely fatigue set in.

Good luck
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Old 12-04-2016, 01:20 PM   #8
Rookie

Sportsfan1889's Arena

With a day before NXT was getting ready to prepare for its opening nights after the long time off, it has been decided that the show is no longer going to continue.

The roster itself has been thinning with the amount of recent call-ups and a lack of recent signings. With the Young Bucks staying where they are, Jay Lethal happy with his position, and Okada saying he is happy to build the future of NJPW...the signings were not coming in as fast and furious as the previous year. Instead of working to rebuild the program, it has just been nixed as the WWE sees it would rather focus it's attention and resources on its major programming of RAW and SMACKDOWN.

This move leaves wrestlers wondering if they were good enough for WWE to send up to the big stages of RAW and SMACKDOWN or if they were will be left as free agents looking for a job...

Among those wondering:

Samoa Joe, Finn Balor, Hideo Itami, Tommaso Ciampa, Johnny Gargano, Bobby Roode, Cedric Alexander, Tommy End, The Authors of Pain, Blake & Murhpy, American Alpha, The Revival, The Ascension, and the most recent signing Cage (from Lucha Underground).

Last edited by Sportsfan1889; 12-04-2016 at 01:30 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »