Home

National League Divisional Series - Padres vs Dodgers

This is a discussion on National League Divisional Series - Padres vs Dodgers within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2022, 03:25 PM   #105
Prince of Plakata

Jolly Roger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: National League Divisional Series - Padres vs Dodgers

Lol, this thread will still be humming right along with the eventual pennant and World Series threads, I bet you.

Since some people claim the 2020 ring doesn't count due to the shortened season, why not just apply this season to that championship? Kind of like when the Browns were re-created and the Ravens ceded all the Browns history over to the new team.

I can't even imagine being an actual Dodgers fan right now. I mean, I kind of like them and even I am like...this is some crazy ****. Next year they need to just coast to a 90 win season like all these sweaty teams still in the playoffs and see if that helps. Literally just give dudes weeks off at a time, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2022, 07:27 PM   #106
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

I'm really disappointed with the direction this thread went and some of the responses here.

**** my team I guess?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2022, 10:01 PM   #107
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger
Lol, this thread will still be humming right along with the eventual pennant and World Series threads, I bet you.

Since some people claim the 2020 ring doesn't count due to the shortened season, why not just apply this season to that championship? Kind of like when the Browns were re-created and the Ravens ceded all the Browns history over to the new team.

I can't even imagine being an actual Dodgers fan right now. I mean, I kind of like them and even I am like...this is some crazy ****. Next year they need to just coast to a 90 win season like all these sweaty teams still in the playoffs and see if that helps. Literally just give dudes weeks off at a time, etc.
I said before even a pitch was thrown in 2020 that whoever won it would have the 'astricks' forever. if the Rays had won it everyone would say what a fluke it was. but because the dodgers won it because they had a great team it had to be 'real'

2020 to me was not a season of baseball. if my team won it that year I wouldn't feel great about it. it was a tournament. i didn't even care that they managed to have some kind of a season that year.

we had the marlins and a 29 win team make the playoffs the season went for 2 months with a covid mess of players coming in and out and roster changes.

imagine if the NFL had a 6 game season... do you think the super bowl winners would be the same as a 17 game season?

the NFL proved last year there was to many teams when the steelers and eagles limped into the playoffs to make up the numbers

Last edited by ninertravel; 10-18-2022 at 10:06 PM.
Old 10-18-2022, 11:06 PM   #108
All Star

DrJones's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
imagine if the NFL had a 6 game season... do you think the super bowl winners would be the same as a 17 game season?
The NFL had a strike-shortened 9-game season in 1982.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
DrJones brings the stinky cheese is what we've all learned from this debacle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipnis22
yes your fantasy world when your proven wrong about 95% of your post
Old 10-19-2022, 05:19 PM   #109
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJones
The NFL had a strike-shortened 9-game season in 1982.
yeah I know a year that screwed with Montana career too in one of his very off years 16 teams made the playoffs that year in a seeded year a 4-5 Detroit and Cleveland made the playoffs

that was basically baseball in 2020 but also lucky Washington who were 8-1 won it

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »