Home

Brandon Phillips calls out the Cardinals...

This is a discussion on Brandon Phillips calls out the Cardinals... within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-10-2010, 08:26 PM   #9
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Brandon Phillips calls out the Cardinals...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elTodd
I kind of just what to know exactly what the Cardinals "***** and moan" about.
Seriously.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:23 PM   #10
Rookie

tbach's Arena

OVR: 6

There are going to be suspensions now. Phillips came up to bat in the first and the benches cleared. Johnny Cueto with his back to the backstop started kicking at people and got backup catcher Jason LaRue and might have gotten Chris Carpenter in the back. That was just stupid. What kind of grown man kicks his legs like a four year old? Not to mention with sharp cleats. It wasn't even a fight. Just Cueto flailling his legs around.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:59 PM   #11
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by elTodd
I kind of just what to know exactly what the Cardinals "***** and moan" about.
TLR, Dave Duncan, and Chris Carpenter is mainly who BP was referring to.
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 11:12 PM   #12
Pro

TeixeiraFanatic's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKibbles
TLR, Dave Duncan, and Chris Carpenter is mainly who BP was referring to.
I don't think that Duncan would've said anything about Arroyo if he didn't have reason. Same goes with Smoltz and Carp accusing the poor grip balls last year.

Carp is known for being aggressive and short-tempered. I don't like that about him and he shouldn't act like that but what can you do?

Also, Johnny Cueto is a complete joke! I can't believe he was kicking like that.
And I think it's funny how Brandon Phillips has gone 1-10 since his comments and has been retired to end the game in back to back game.

It'll be interesting who will receive suspensions tomorrow.
NCAA: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
Old 08-10-2010, 11:35 PM   #13
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26

Here's an idea, if you say stuff like that about an opposing team, don't tap the catcher on the shin guards and try to be buddy buddy with him after wards.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:39 PM   #14
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29

People talk bad about Cueto kicking, yet I'm sure you've never been in a brawl that was anything like that. You have no idea how you'd react. If he thought he was going to get hurt, he could have freaked out, and went with a quick defensive technique. I'm not saying it was good or bad, and I'm not saying that's what happened. But when something happens like this, spur of the moment big time brawl with a bunch of people all around you, you being pressed into the back wall/net, you may freak out and do something not really thinking clearly about it.

MICHIGAN WOLVERINES
1901 | 1902 | 1903 | 1904 | 1918 | 1923 | 1932 | 1933 | 1947 | 1948 | 1997 | 2023

MONTREAL CANADIENS
1916 | 1924 | 1930 | 1931 | 1944 | 1946 | 1953 | 1956 | 1957 | 1958 | 1959 | 1960 | 1965
1966 | 1968 | 1971 | 1973 | 1976 | 1977 | 1978 | 1979 | 1986 | 1993

Old 08-11-2010, 12:17 AM   #15
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_GoBlue
If he thought he was going to get hurt, he could have freaked out, and went with a quick defensive technique.
I think that's how it started out, but once he had some space around him he started aiming the kicks, including one to LaRue's head.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 12:19 AM   #16
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeixeiraFanatic
I don't think that Duncan would've said anything about Arroyo if he didn't have reason. Same goes with Smoltz and Carp accusing the poor grip balls last year.

Carp is known for being aggressive and short-tempered. I don't like that about him and he shouldn't act like that but what can you do?

Also, Johnny Cueto is a complete joke! I can't believe he was kicking like that.
And I think it's funny how Brandon Phillips has gone 1-10 since his comments and has been retired to end the game in back to back game.

It'll be interesting who will receive suspensions tomorrow.
I've never had a bad thing to say about the Cards ever. Frankly, if the Reds weren't my team, I could easily see myself being a Cards fan. That being said, I don't like Chris Carpenter. Great pitcher but he comes off as a jerk. I heard about what he did to Brendan Ryan on Monday. I'm not much of a fan of TLR's. On multiple occasions he has had the umps inspect a bat or a glove or pockets of Reds players over the years, like Harang. I think Phillips, who likes to run his mouth, was mainly talking about that stuff when it came to the Cards. He used a rather broad stroke. As much as I like the fire, the guy needs to be able to back it up. And, frankly, I'd rather not give a seasoned, and successful, division rival bulletin board material like that. Whatever. I honestly had a feeling in the pit of my stomach Sunday night when I was looking at everything that the Reds were going to get swept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_GoBlue
People talk bad about Cueto kicking, yet I'm sure you've never been in a brawl that was anything like that. You have no idea how you'd react. If he thought he was going to get hurt, he could have freaked out, and went with a quick defensive technique. I'm not saying it was good or bad, and I'm not saying that's what happened. But when something happens like this, spur of the moment big time brawl with a bunch of people all around you, you being pressed into the back wall/net, you may freak out and do something not really thinking clearly about it.
I was at the game and was standing in the Party Deck in rightfield, which was too far from home to see anything. I saw replays after getting home. Cueto was shoved into the screen and looked like he was practically in fans' laps. He started kicking to keep people away. I guess he didn't want to get crushed. I guess I can't fault him for that but throwing your spikes around like that is pretty dangerous. People stayed away from him when he started doing that though.
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »