Home

2016 World Series: Chicago Cubs vs. Cleveland Indians

This is a discussion on 2016 World Series: Chicago Cubs vs. Cleveland Indians within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which team will win the World Series?
Chicago Cubs in 4 or 5 games. 9 29.03%
Chicago Cubs in 6 or 7 games. 9 29.03%
Cleveland Indians in 4 or 5 games. 0 0%
Cleveland Indians in 6 or 7 games. 13 41.94%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2016, 09:45 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: 2016 World Series: Chicago Cubs vs. Cleveland Indians

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
What's everyone's stance of long layoffs between games hurting a team. I'm a believe in the team who played most recently enters the following series at an advantage. There must be data out there to make a case for or against that line of thinking (too lazy to dig), but was curious what you guys thought.
I have no scientific data to back this up, but I would want to be the Cubs, Indians haven't played a live game since Wednesday, their offense was already cold, so what now?

Of course, maybe the Indians come out and mash, who knows. But you would think the cubs are in a better position starting out.

Sent from my HTCD200LVWPP using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2016, 10:00 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

I hate the playoff format. But, I think a point can be made, that it favors the Cubs. If Chicago can take one in Cleveland, then they have three straight at Wrigley. And that atmosphere at Wrigley is going to be ****ing insane!

I can only imagine when Schwarber takes his first ab at Wrigley, Cleveland is gonna be wild. But Cubs fans are gonna be absolutely nuts, that place is literally going to be shaking. This is going to be a really emotional series, and has the makings of something really special to witness either way.

I'm taking the Cubs in 6. I think top to bottom Chicago is better, but Cleveland's bullpen is a force, and Salazar adds even more depth now. Gonna be crazy.

Sent from my HTCD200LVWPP using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2016, 05:50 AM   #75
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

I think the long layoff hurt Toronto offensively. Their bats were hot and then just sitting there for 4 nights doing nothing didn't do a thing for them. Their pitching was fine in the ALCS aside from a couple of timely home runs that decided a few games. I think at least playing a game 4 would have helped their rotation so that Stroman wasn't sitting out for 2 weeks. But Cleveland nearly had the same layoff and it didn't hurt them.

But I don't have anything to back it up. I remember the Rockies getting destroyed after their layoff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2016, 10:49 AM   #76
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!!!!!! Especially if your team is in the WS!

But with the NBA opening today, it's the only time when all the 4 major sports is in play. Enjoy, Cubs, Indians, and baseball fans! This truly will be an unforgettable moment for one of the fan base!
Old 10-25-2016, 01:36 PM   #77
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

I guess I realized the White Sox don't really matter outside of the South Side, but this is pretty ridiculous.

http://deadspin.com/remember-when-th...rie-1788190631

The White Sox drought was even longer than the Red Sox one that the Washington Post talks about. And that ESPN graphic is so disrespectful
Old 10-25-2016, 02:25 PM   #78
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I am so amped up for tonight, and I don't even have a dog in the fight. Just love the Fall Classic. IMO, nothing in sports compares to the World Series.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 10-25-2016, 03:26 PM   #79
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

After what happened to Schwarber early this season i'm glad he gets a chance to participate in the World Series. I think it's going to be interesting to see how he looks at the plate because it's really hard to get that timing back. Has he been working out at Chicago's ST facility for a while?

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 10-25-2016, 03:27 PM   #80
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
After what happened to Schwarber early this season i'm glad he gets a chance to participate in the World Series. I think it's going to be interesting to see how he looks at the plate because it's really hard to get that timing back. Has he been working out at Chicago's ST facility for a while?
I believe he had 10 AB's in the Arizona Fall League before being placed on the World Series roster.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »