Home

9/2 - 9/15 Game Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 9/2 - 9/15 Game Discussion Thread within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2019, 08:09 PM   #41
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: 9/2 - 9/15 Game Discussion Thread

Would love to hear why Acuna is jogging to 1st as the Nats turn an easy DP in a key game...love the guy, but he's got to get over himself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2019, 08:39 PM   #42
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Good to see Addison Russell airmailing throws over 1B to go along with his lack of hitting. Guy is a wasted roster spot.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:25 PM   #43
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

So this morning I only saw last night's highlights of the ChiSox-Tribe game and not the actual game, but it was the second time in just a few days where I've seen a runner on third didn't tag up on a fly ball, and didn't score because of it.

This situation was slightly different though, and arguably him scoring doesn't impact the game's overall outcome (top of the ninth, down by two runs, one out, bases loaded). It wouldn't be the tying run, and the runner on second wouldn't be tagging to go to third anyway. Even still, you're costing your player his batting average and an RBI. That matters to them when they feel they've earned it.

The worst excuse in these situations that I hear is: "I thought it was going to fall." There are so many things wrong with that excuse, the first being it didn't fall, and because of it you didn't score." The guy could've crabwalked home had he tagged up.

I hope to see a shot of the third base coach screaming his head off to tag in that situation, just to exonerate him in the process.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 09-05-2019, 09:27 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

If I remember correctly, Max Fried was the first piece of the rebuild. Seems fitting that he’s growing into an ace.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:29 PM   #45
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
If I remember correctly, Max Fried was the first piece of the rebuild. Seems fitting that he’s growing into an ace.
I agree...it's incredible to see him develop/grow this year. Would love to see Atlanta let him, Soroka, and one of the other minor leaguers develop and go sign Cole in the offseason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2019, 10:05 PM   #46
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

...alright, Melancon. None of this...
Old 09-05-2019, 10:11 PM   #47
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

This is why you don't walk people, Malancon.
Old 09-05-2019, 10:23 PM   #48
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Whew...that 9th inning was too interesting, but a HUGE win to kick off the series. Fried was amazing and it was nice to see Acuna sting the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »