Home

5/3 - 5/16 Game Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 5/3 - 5/16 Game Discussion Thread within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2021, 04:18 PM   #73
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: 5/3 - 5/16 Game Discussion Thread

Jordan Hicks out 6 weeks.

Damn

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-10-2021, 06:27 PM   #74
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0

There has to be something going on with all these injures it's getting ridiculous. are players just not tough as they once were?? are they training to much? are the staff not as good?? are they overworked?? a lot will blame the short season. but it's been getting worse each year. soon we will need 60 man rosters and 40 active playuers!
Old 05-10-2021, 09:54 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
There has to be something going on with all these injures it's getting ridiculous. are players just not tough as they once were?? are they training to much? are the staff not as good?? are they overworked?? a lot will blame the short season. but it's been getting worse each year. soon we will need 60 man rosters and 40 active playuers!
I’ve reached the point where I start looking at it as a positive when a minor league pitcher needs Tommy John. I’m assuming every pitcher will need it at one point so it’s best to get it out f the way early. Granted there is always the chance you could need it twice but that’s less common
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2021, 10:57 PM   #76

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
For this year it could be the stop and go last year.

Guys now getting warm in March, then stopping for about 4 months. Then resuming and having to warm up again and play that season.

And now suddenly doing a workload they haven't experienced in at least 2 seasons.

But in general, we are seeing lots more injuries as a whole. I know from the Jays standpoints, they've used a franchise record number of players basically every season the last decade.

Maybe part of it is the fact that more guys nowadays throw harder?
Old 05-11-2021, 12:26 AM   #77
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I'm not sure if this was always a thing, but I first started noticing it last year...

Anyone notice how some broadcast cameras aren't quite synced up all the same, like the regular behind-the-pitcher camera is sometimes a few milliseconds delayed from some of the other cameras?

I recognized this last year when the Dodgers played the Astros and Joe Kelly beaned a few guys then started picking them off. He appeared to have the quickest pickoff move I'd ever seen, it was almost intimidating to watch on TV! Then it really became apparent when a pitcher was in the same shot receiving a ball on two separate occasions in two shots.

It's like in every broadcast now, though. Was this always a thing and I never noticed until last year?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-11-2021, 09:38 AM   #78
All Star

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
For this year it could be the stop and go last year.

Guys now getting warm in March, then stopping for about 4 months. Then resuming and having to warm up again and play that season.

And now suddenly doing a workload they haven't experienced in at least 2 seasons.

But in general, we are seeing lots more injuries as a whole. I know from the Jays standpoints, they've used a franchise record number of players basically every season the last decade.

Maybe part of it is the fact that more guys nowadays throw harder?
I am no doctor, but anecdotally I have to think that it has to do with guys throwing harder. I've heard a lot of guys who have been around the game for a long time say how pitchers are now being taught to give max effort on every pitch, which also might explain why fastball command has become a lost art.

Sent from my S10 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-11-2021, 07:45 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Johnny Vander Meer’s record of two consecutive no hitters is safe, Mets lead off the first inning against John Means with a single after his no hitter
Old 05-11-2021, 07:46 PM   #80
All Star

OVR: 8

ugh...acuna and freddie had a double steal and Ozuna swings and fouls it off, 2 pitches later he watches 93 down the center of the plate for strike 3. At least they got one out of it,

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »