Home

8/16 - 8/29 Game Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 8/16 - 8/29 Game Discussion Thread within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2021, 08:50 PM   #121
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: 8/16 - 8/29 Game Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
Yeah I never understood this mentality that many people seem to have. It's like a fan isn't allowed to be upset with or criticize the performance of their hometown team without having the criticism turned back on them for doing nothing more than voicing their displeasure.

He's allowed to, but it's definitely not a good look for Baez to criticize the fans in that way. If you don't want to be boo'd then win more than 10 games in a 30 game stretch.
I think the fans disgust this year is only multiplied because I'm sure there were plenty of Mets fans that actually bought in and thought the team was half decent this year. Now that they're playing more like what was expected of them it stings a bit more given they exceeded expectations before the break.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2021, 11:12 PM   #122
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I think the fans disgust this year is only multiplied because I'm sure there were plenty of Mets fans that actually bought in and thought the team was half decent this year. Now that they're playing more like what was expected of them it stings a bit more given they exceeded expectations before the break.
I think the big factor is that they jumped out to a lead in the division and held it due to the rest of the division being worse. It didn’t take long for fans to see there were major issues with the offense but everything you heard from the players was hey we’re in first place. This team was literally the “this is fine” meme for four months of the season. It wasn’t until Friday night after they lost to Washington that you heard anyone say they need to start winning. Fans aren’t stupid, if you’re playing bad, admit you’re playing bad. If you’re delusional and acting like everything is fine fans will see through it
Old 08-29-2021, 11:58 PM   #123

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

I wonder how Stroman will react to all this stuff too. Being one of their bigger FA this offseason, and as many Jays fans can attest to, he's a guy who's great to have on a winning team, but not as great on a losing team (in an off the field/clubhouse sense), Mets going through this could definitely turn him off wanting to return.

Sadly, if he leaves the Mets, I think he would consider the Yankees.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »