Home

The LeBron James Thread

This is a discussion on The LeBron James Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Team?
Cleveland 82 20.81%
Chicago 86 21.83%
New York 71 18.02%
New Jersey 32 8.12%
Los Angeles Clippers 11 2.79%
Oklahoma City 7 1.78%
Miami 82 20.81%
Other 23 5.84%
Voters: 394. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #12009
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The LeBron James Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheHeat
Player Efficiency Rating of ALL-TIME in a single season:

1. LeBron James (2012-2013) - 32.2
2. Wilt Chamberlain (1962-1963) - 31.8
3. Wilt Chamberlain (1961-1962) - 31.7
4. LeBron James (2008-2009) - 31.7
5. Michael Jordan (1987-1988) - 31.7

LeBron literally just had the best season in NBA history. Amazing!
how do i say this... think that we might want the season to end in a championship b4 we go out on a limb and say someone had the best season ever; statistically or otherwise.

anyone else find it ironic that the "supposedly" top 5 best seasons based on PER resulted in 0 championships. (lebron 2012-2013 - tbd)

how can any season can be classified as the best in the nba history if that season didnt culminate in a ring?

i really hope that 1day we get back to a point where stats arent used to determine everything. yet with things like ESPN and PER, i fear we have already opened a door that can never be closed.

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni

Last edited by TajDeni; 04-20-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #12010
MVP

BringTheHeat's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TajDeni
how do i say this... think that we might want the season to end in a championship b4 we go out on a limb and say someone had the best season ever; statistically or otherwise.

anyone else find it ironic that the "supposedly" top 5 best seasons based on PER resulted in 0 championships. (lebron 2012-2013 - tbd)

how can any season can be classified as the best in the nba history if that season didnt culminate in a ring?

i really hope that 1day we get back to a point where stats arent used to determine everything. yet with things like ESPN and PER, i fear we have already opened a door that can never be closed.
Championships are a team effort, not an individual. LeBron as a player had the most efficient season in NBA history..

Last edited by BringTheHeat; 04-20-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:46 PM   #12011
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Championships are a team effort, not an individual. LeBron as a player had the most efficient season in NBA history..

Why do people try and discredit everything he does? I don't get it. We can all pretty much agree that Wilt's 50 PPG 25 RPG season of 1962 was jaw dropping, and as far as numbers go, LeBron did better..
i guess ppl just view things differently.

as an athlete, i think like an athlete(im sure your an athlete as well). so to me, and i bet lebron would agree, whichever superstar ends the season on the podium holding the trophy had the best season. then throw in stats and awards on top of that and you got a legitament case for greatest single season ever.

i was brought up to believe that he who can call himself champion that yr, had the best season. i guess not everyone sees it that way.

also, its discredit now to ask that we see if the season ends in a championship b4 we lable it the greatest single season ever?

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni

Last edited by TajDeni; 04-20-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2013, 06:09 PM   #12012
MVP

RedSceptile's Arena

OVR: 17

One of the most efficient seasons ever yes but it's a stretch I think to call it the best ever.

I'm hoping we see another monster playoff run from LeBron. Watching a one in a generation talent almost seemingly put together his identity is something to behold.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #12013
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Statistically, it is the best or at least one of them, but what's your personal best?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying LeBron didn't have a beast of a season, it's simply a case of me being a bit like Clint Eastwood in the movie "Trouble with the curve".

The best I've seen? Probably MJ in 95/96. Simply because he treated every single game with the same importance, playing at 100% intensity as if it were game 7. He never took a night out.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #12014
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Player Efficiency Rating of ALL-TIME in a single season:

1. LeBron James (2012-2013) - 32.2
2. Wilt Chamberlain (1962-1963) - 31.8
3. Wilt Chamberlain (1961-1962) - 31.7
4. LeBron James (2008-2009) - 31.7
5. Michael Jordan (1987-1988) - 31.7

LeBron literally just had the best season in NBA history. Amazing!
Spoiler

I'd take any one of Jordan's season's from 88-93 over Lebron's current season right now. What we watch today is a watered down version of what the NBA used to be. The game used to be hard nosed and very physical not to mention the talent was better. Lebron whined how the Bulls were so "physical" while playing him. I can only imagine what he would have done if he had to play the Pistons back in the day. I don't care what this .PER states Lebron's season this year is not topping any of Jordan's seasons from back in his heyday.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #12015
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24
Spoiler

I'd take any one of Jordan's season's from 88-93 over Lebron's current season right now. What we watch today is a watered down version of what the NBA used to be. The game used to be hard nosed and very physical not to mention the talent was better. Lebron whined how the Bulls were so "physical" while playing him. I can only imagine what he would have done if he had to play the Pistons back in the day. I don't care what this .PER states Lebron's season this year is not topping any of Jordan's seasons from back in his heyday.
Yeah this league is just a bunch of babies.. Maybe they should be pillow fighting instead of playing basketball.

SMH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2013, 07:47 PM   #12016
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

The hyperbole is strong in your post, young padawan.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »