Home

The LeBron James Thread

This is a discussion on The LeBron James Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Team?
Cleveland 82 20.81%
Chicago 86 21.83%
New York 71 18.02%
New Jersey 32 8.12%
Los Angeles Clippers 11 2.79%
Oklahoma City 7 1.78%
Miami 82 20.81%
Other 23 5.84%
Voters: 394. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #12041
MVP

RedSceptile's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: The LeBron James Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Honestly even if they don't win the championshp it's one of the most impressive seasons in history. Everyone needs to just take a step back and enjoy it.

It's even funnier all the people arguing until they're blue in the face about where it stacks up against other players' seasons they weren't even alive to see. I saw some of them... good thing I didn't have the number of stats and social media outlets so I can replay moments, emotions, shots in my head and appreciate it for what it was. Some of the most impressive basketball I've ever seen.

Some of you are robbing yourselves of that by focusing on where this season stacks up. Just enjoy it.
It's a result of our society and need as a society to compare everything. "Ohhh my girlfriend is awesome but my exgirlfriend could..." I just find it funny cause I know I do it too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2013, 12:46 PM   #12042
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
So it's LeBron vs MJ/Kobe. Sad. I remembered when it wasn't a war and it was, "Hey LeBron did..." or something only about his game Not "LeBron sucks because [insert Brian Scalabrine went to the Finals more joke]" or "LeBron is better because [insert some stat no one cares about that shows LeBron higher than the greats]" there's no true measurement on who's better unless MJ/Kobe/Wilt/Magic/Bird/Oscar walk through a door and play LeBron and a series of 1v1s to see who's truly the best.
I totally agree... you simply can't compare players that played in different eras... Hell, in a TEAM SPORT its pretty impossible for you say "X is better Y" because there are too many variables... I'm going to show a few examples from recent history, only because I wasn't around in the 50's, 60's and 70's to watch the older guys...

Magic Johnson and Larry Bird basically saved the NBA in the 1980's... I watched the documentary and I remember it vaguely as it was slightly before my time... Two stars, one black, one white, on opposite coast of the country... Both players were spitting images of one another on the basketball court while being completely opposite of one another off the court... So who is better? Both are 12 time all stars, both are 3 time league MVPs, but who's "better"?... There is no correct answer in my opinion as there are too many variables to say, without a doubt, one is better then the other...

Lets take a look at Michale Jordan, the quote "best player of all time"... Michael Jordan, in the late 80's and 90's took the NBA to new heights from a marketing perspective... "Air Jordan" "Nike" and the NBA cashed in on Michael like no player in any sport before him... To this day he's still one of, if not THE most recognizable figures in the world... Was he the best player of all time? He's got 6 titles, multiple MVPs and a trophy case full of other awards... Allot of people say yes, and he is "the bar" that every other "great" player is eventually measured against... I agree that he was the best I've ever seen, but it wasn't just his basketball "skill" that made him the best... His will to win, and desire to win and be the best, which are things that don't show up in a box score are what seperated him from the rest of the great players... Another thing that put Jordan into a god like realm was his marketability... As great of a basketball player as he was, his marketing appeal and the media took him to heights previously unseen by an NBA player...

All that being said, LeBron James is the best player of THIS ERA of the NBA... I would argue that LeBron is on the verge of eclipsing Jordan as the greatest pure basketball player ever... He's been the best player in the game since about 2006... He's better then Kobe Bryant, he's better then Kevin Durant, he's better than Derrick Rose and Dwyane Wade... His passing ability, his defense, his scoring ability, hands down he is the best player in the league, and its really not even close... I'm from Cleveland Ohio, I hated "HOW" LeBron left Cleveland but I never "hated" him for doing it...

This thread is full of allot of hate on LeBron, which, I'm really not sure why... Why do people hate him? Has he ever been arrested? Beat his wife? Accused of Rape? Cheated on his Wife? Had 6 kids with 8 women? Has he ever said one bad thing about a teammate or his coach?... I honestly don't get why people dislike this guy... Being from Cleveland, I should be the ringleader for the people that hate LeBron, but I'm not...

My message? Stop arguing about who is "better" just appreciate their greatness... Once he's gone, you'll never see another one like him... LeBron is a once in a generational talent, just sit back and enjoy the show...

psn - CeeGee
Old 04-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #12043
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I'm going for the rare double dip. I just posted this in the Highlight Reeling thread then quickly realized it might be just as fitting (if not more so) to post it here as well. So behold and enjoy, LeBron's very, very first NBA basket (preseason debut):

Old 04-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #12044
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Laughing out loud no headband....

But his first basket! One of my favorite LeBron games. This video is missing the assist. Which are way more important in my opinion.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:51 PM   #12045
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

"I thought LeBron James was just going to be another addition to help me score.” - Ricky Davis
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2013, 01:51 PM   #12046
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Didn't Darius Miles say the reason they got rid of him was because all 3 guys were the same players?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-27-2013, 03:54 PM   #12047
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
What ever happened to Miles.. He wasn't really that terrible, there are worse guys still in the league.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:41 PM   #12048
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
What ever happened to Miles.. He wasn't really that terrible, there are worse guys still in the league.
Injured too much... and the guy was awful. He came in right when they started changing the rules catering it to players who couldn't shoot a jumpshot. Otherwise he wouldnt have been in the league that long.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »